• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

It does make me wonder just how many Kuvexians and even plain outlaws are in Yamataian space.

Eucharis is a fairly small vessel and the vastness of space is unfathomable. Unless it fires it's aether shock array it makes sense to me that a single, small vessel could operate so deep in enemy territory without being detected. Since this is the case I think it would add to the feeling of being at war if the Kuvexians were doing the same thing to the SAoY. It would certainly justify the massive numbers of soldiers the star army has if they were necessary to ensuring security on the various planets waving KSE flags.

I'm not totally surprised, given space is both vast and omnidirectional. Theirs probably a wealth of little metaphorical nooks and crannies small ships can slip in and get from A to B.

I'm sure their are "major routes" or something equivalent that are regularly patrolled, but small ships can probably get away with a lot. Most ships would probably only really get intercepted within a reasonable distance of their destination. Or proximity to another zone of interest. A lot of this depends on the nitty gritty of how practical space travel works in a setting and what other technologies exist.

That said, these little cargo pilots are Unstoppable.

There's no battle lines in space; ships can go anywhere, they only get in trouble once they get there. For example, the entire Kuvexian fleet could attack any single planet, but if they did, the planet would be able to warn every other world in the empire that the entire fleet was there, which would result in it getting outmaneuvered and obliterated. So, fleet commanders need to outwit their opponents, they can't just target a 'defenseless' system and claim victory.

When a scout ship shows up, they have to be careful, because to a certain extent their arrival and actions will tell the enemy what their commanders are thinking, and help them zero in on the location of the fleet that launched the scout mission. They only need to be able to outwit the system defense vessels in the short term, but their mission might have to be cut short in case reinforcements arrive to intercept them.

I think logistics ships will only get in trouble if they have to run a blockade, or if they stumble into a battle due to late warning and/or poor communication.

Who else is excited to go back in there and get our guts ripped out by ancients try one more time?

We've all been seated already for the duration of the briefing by the time Tan says what Candon seems to be responding to, is it safe to assume Candon's either coming behind Tan's shoulder or saying this down or across the table at her? Or did he say this before the debriefing began?

Yeah, there is a buffet line.

@Fay I will make the transport arrive in my next GM post.

Reactions: Fay
@Rizzo if you want to JP, I'm down. If not we can keep it to this thread.

Also, I'll reply in secret agents now and we can get that going again.

That's all good, Bruce Wayne. Have fun being the billionaire bad boy we all know you are!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…