• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Expansion of Kodian Civil War

Dana

Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:timeline:events:kodian_civil_war
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=timeline:events:kodian_civil_war
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Non-Playable Factions
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Proposed lore expansion of Kodian civil war. Five year timeline with notable figures and events up to current time. Submitted without RP with permission of Wes.

Hi there Dana,

Let's start this off with some obvious mentions -

• There is no main headline or headline at all.
  • An overuse of formatted text - things like bold, italics, and line breaks.
Please take a look at the following articles -
Once the quality issues are handled I will further review for content.

Hi there Dana,

Let's start this off with some obvious mentions -
  • There is no main headline or headline at all.
  • An overuse of formatted text - things like bold, italics, and line breaks.
Please take a look at the following articles -
Once the quality issues are handled I will further review for content.
There is no headline as this is to supplement an already existing article here: Kodian Civil War on Star Army Space Roleplay. This link was listed in the original submission post.
I believe that I have addressed the excessive line break issue. There was no use of italics in the article at all. I have removed some underlined materials. Can you elaborate on the formatted text standard please? The Battle of Glimmergold article has a 38:771 ratio of bold to un-bolded words, where as the article I submitted has a 12:1741 bold to unbolded ratio. The Glimmergold Article also includes what looks to be an incomplete section under the Hidden Sun heading.

I believe that I have addressed the two items you listed. Let me know what else I can do to assist.

• I still think there would be subheadlines. Generally when you are making a new version of an existing article you put it in the format that the final article will hold.
  • The bolded words are headlines and subheadlines in the glimmergold article.
  • We try not to use italics, underlining, etc very much in articles now. It flags the quality manager which is the sadface at the bottom left hand side of the article page.
  • Style Guide on Star Army Space Roleplay

• I still think there would be subheadlines. Generally when you are making a new version of an existing article you put it in the format that the final article will hold.
  • The bolded words are headlines and subheadlines in the glimmergold article.
  • We try not to use italics, underlining, etc very much in articles now. It flags the quality manager which is the sadface at the bottom left hand side of the article page.
  • Style Guide on Star Army Space Roleplay
I have included the amended contents of the original article. The bolded words in this article are also intended to be subheadlines. There are no longer any italics or underlines in the article that I am aware of. I will eliminate any identified with extreme prejudice.

One thing is making the little smiley at the bottom green

I assisted you with some formatting. However, I noticed another issue:​

There are some tense issues for example - The article should be presented in the past tense.

In YE 42 the civil war on Gashmere continues to escalate, with both sides suffering heavy losses. The Planetary Guard struggles to maintain order, and many civilians become caught in the crossfire. The Chairperson, desperate to find a way to end the conflict, begins to explore the possibility of seeking outside assistance from other powers in the galaxy. However, many of the other governments are wary of getting involved in the conflict, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find support. The Chairperson, a Kodian named Chairman Koda, becomes increasingly unpopular as the situation on the planet deteriorates, with many blaming him for the failure to prevent the conflict.

Should be:

In YE 42 , the civil war on Gashmere continued to escalate, with both sides having suffered heavy losses. The Planetary Guard struggled to maintain order and many civilians became caught in the crossfire. The Chairperson, desperate to find a way to end the conflict, began to explore the possibility of seeking outside assistance from other powers in the galaxy. However, many of the other governments were wary of getting involved in the conflict, and it became increasingly difficult to find support. The Chairperson, Chairman Koda became increasingly unpopular as the situation on the planet deteriorated with many blaming him for the failure to prevent the conflict.

I assisted you with some formatting. However, I noticed another issue:​

There are some tense issues for example - The article should be presented in the past tense.

In YE 42 the civil war on Gashmere continues to escalate, with both sides suffering heavy losses. The Planetary Guard struggles to maintain order, and many civilians become caught in the crossfire. The Chairperson, desperate to find a way to end the conflict, begins to explore the possibility of seeking outside assistance from other powers in the galaxy. However, many of the other governments are wary of getting involved in the conflict, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find support. The Chairperson, a Kodian named Chairman Koda, becomes increasingly unpopular as the situation on the planet deteriorates, with many blaming him for the failure to prevent the conflict.

Should be:

In YE 42 , the civil war on Gashmere continued to escalate, with both sides having suffered heavy losses. The Planetary Guard struggled to maintain order and many civilians became caught in the crossfire. The Chairperson, desperate to find a way to end the conflict, began to explore the possibility of seeking outside assistance from other powers in the galaxy. However, many of the other governments were wary of getting involved in the conflict, and it became increasingly difficult to find support. The Chairperson, Chairman Koda became increasingly unpopular as the situation on the planet deteriorated with many blaming him for the failure to prevent the conflict.
I will work on correcting this and post again once I have done so. I plan on doing so tonight.

I spaced backlinking. Doing so now. -_-
My hack for this is to make a link in my user profile to the article I want to make, then click it, and do create page.

I think this can be approved now.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread

Please make sure this gets linked into existing articles for Gashmere and the Kodians4

I think this can be approved now.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread

Please make sure this gets linked into existing articles for Gashmere and the Kodians4
Will do. Thank you.

Please also fill out struct.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back