• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Faction] Sargon Nation

Rattenkind

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Faction
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=sargon_nation:sargon_nation

Faction: None
FM Approved Yet? (No)
Faction requires art? (Yes)

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? (Yes)
Contains New art? (Yes)
Previously Submitted? (No)

Notes: I'm still working on this faction and have yet to write down many things I have in my head right now and other things that are already written might still change slightly. Still I wanted to open it for review for one thing to eliminate every unnecessary mistake for another thing to get some general feedback to keep me motivated and for a third thing to maybe find someone who would help me out with some art for I'm not good with art. :rolleyes:

Concerning the location of the Sargon Nation's home system I'd like, if possible, to occupy this system:

index.php

Attachments

• Arkan location.png
    Arkan location.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 185
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Okay, what about something on the planet causing it? Maybe some type of tiny glowing bug, or a biting, iridescent flying lizard. And maybe some people chose to get bitten, but others get bitten by random chance? And the Kheled Gultuk has the main collection of the species in their cloister.

I guess it could be some sort of gnats native to Sargon causing this. But that doesn't undo Aendri's concerns that that wouldn't make the mind sibling ability unique to the Sargonides. At least not indefinitely. If it would take something about twenty years of exposure though it would make it unique to them for at least the next twenty years, probably longer, for there are no non-Sargonides in the Arkan system so far.

I just got a thought that it might be a cultural like drinking or smoking a certain drug (awww.civforum.de_images_emo_i_joint.gif ) that almost every Sargonide does (90%+ of the population). Although they now know about the side effects of that habit its just to common to effectively abandon it but almost no foreigner would actually adopt it because of the heightened risk of schizophrenia.

It could be a culmination of elements. Elements in the local food or water that by itself is not harmful. But when the right concentration, or a mixture of certain things and the gnats bite triggers the ability. That way it could still be something that the Sargon's don't truly know what causes it. Just being bitten doesn't guarantee the ability.

@Nashoba I did think of exactly something of the sort when I suggested the planet being responsible for it and it would actually still be my favorite. A combination of environmental conditions that is unique to Sargon and that give mind sibling ability to a human being but also may cause schizophrenia.

That seems much more workable than a single vector generating the condition. My concern really just comes down to it being too simple, otherwise. I mean, genetically speaking, most Nepleslians are very close to true human. How would this potentially affect them? That's the biggest reason I favored it being something genetic, instead of being of an external origin.

Aendri, the solution can also be that the Sargon strain of humanity is susceptible and other humans are not.

@Aendri Until now I understood you were opposed to the notion of the mind sibling ability being caused genetically because it would make them human+1. That's how I understood your critics so far.
That is why I'm now looking into directions that allows every human to get this ability if he gets in contact with the same trigger, so the Sargonides are just humans with a little different complexion (and a bit more cold resitence).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back