• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Font Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been toying with the idea of slightly increasing the size of text on Star Army.

Although most browsers do allow you to zoom to make the text larger. But having a default value that is a bit larger would be easier on the eyes.

I honestly think the text is big enough. Like Nash mentioned, most browsers allow you to zoom, and even more than that, a lot of browsers let you set an externally forced font on things, so people can lock all sites to a single font/size if they need to.

I'm not a fan of increasing the font size. At present the font size allows for a decent density of information, looking at the example size and the post above it, the current font allows for nearly three times the amount of information to be presented in the same space. I don't much like the idea that I would have to scroll more often because less text fits on my monitor. The direct effect of this would be a negative impact to my reading since I would have to pause to scroll and then resume reading more often which would eat up time slowly but surely and make the already time intensive task of reading through old threads even more demanding.

As others have pointed out the capacity to increase the font size locally on the user's machine is possible so I don't particularly see the need to modify it.

I've no problem with the font size at present. Can't say the example makes me very optimistic to any change on that.

Alright, based on the votes, I think we'll stick with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…