Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Forum Add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the developer who made some of the add-ons was bought out by another developer, and today the new add-on maker rebranded and started charging for the free add-ons were were already using:
I don't really want to pay for these much and I'm thinking about just uninstalling them. So I want you guys feedback. Anyone actually using these in a regular way? I only know of a few cases where they're being used.

Let me know what you think and if you would be affected.

The ignore feature doesn't work as well as I'd hoped (the ignored threads still trigger a forum as unread stuff available), which is a bit irritating, so if that goes away, I'm not that worried about it. The sub-accounts thing I haven't even touched yet, and haven't seen anyone else really pushing on a regular basis, so again, not too worried about losing it.

I'm using the Ignore function, and since I did, I'm finding my time on StarArmy to be much more enjoyable. It's the next best alternative to banning people I wish were banned. I've no control on banning, but I do have control on whom I ignore.

Never used subaccounts and didn't see much potential in it.

Oh wait, we can't ignore threads without that add-on? I do use ignore, but I thought "ignore more" was some advanced version of the basic "ignore" option.

What's Ignore cost?

Each is $10 a year.

You can ignore people, but not threads, without the plugin.

So lose the sub accounts, keep the ignore. If need be I'll pay the $10. for the next year

Okay, I will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back