Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Forums Reorganized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes said:
raz said:
Can you share some of the analytics numbers after a while so the community can see what impact, if any, forum order has on hits? That'd be cool using the Phoenix as a test subject — an already popular plot now above the fold.
I don't have any "before" data for that and I'm not sure how to track that. If someone else wants to figure out some way to analyze it, go for it. I don't have any plans to.

You don't have any sort of google analytics thing running?

No. I only look at statistics on a site level, not a forum level (other than the same numbers you see on the forum).

I think a good idea would be to put the topic icons to work in the general RP forum by making icons for:
  • OOC
  • Open RP (anyone can jump in)
  • Semi-Closed RP (request to join)
  • Closed RP (invite only)
  • SARP
  • SARP Canon
  • SARP Non-Canon
  • Other misc icons for RP thread types
If any of you want to volunteer your services and make icons, that would make my day. We'd have to work out the size we want to use. Pixel art might be useful.

The site keeps changing and it's throwing me off. Am I missing a changelog somewhere that's updating us about this? There's lots of extra boxes and lines that have been slowing appearing.

The site is also now telling me I am awesome up at the very top. I don't disagree, but it's a bit odd.

Yeah, I'm just playing around with the template a little. Let me know if there's something you like or don't like.

These are some ugly colors. I don't like the lines everywhere or alternating shades on posts. Things are getting too busy. White on black is fine.

Okay, I changed it back.

Here's an image showing some recent changes to the default template. Made sure you're editing and quoting the right posts!

Attachments

• template updates.webp
    template updates.webp
    114.1 KB · Views: 96
Much cleaner. I like it. Now, we just have to get buttons that aren't PHPBB3 default, and we're golden!

The submissions office and submissions storage have been merged. I'm still thinking about removing them and the simulation forum due to lack of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back