• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Found] Species: Crick

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
====== Crick ======
| //**This Article is not approved for IC-Usage and is currently in Progress.**// |

The planet of Crick has been divided by war for as long as anyone can remember. As is often the case, the divide is the religous, one group called the Loyaltists and the other the Devotees. Both of the groups worship the same God, but disagree about his form, and which group has more faith. These disagreements often result in extreme violence. As a restult of this constant war, most Crickonians are extremely religously devoted, figuring as the sides are so passionate about it there must be something to it.

The Loyalists call the god Mippmippmipp Pyang Offalscotch (often shortened to Mupo), while the Devotees call him Pickalawala. Both of the groups believe that their god created earch and looks down on them, but the Loyalists believe he looks like a lizard, while the Devotees believe there are 16 different Gods that are all part of him, and that he looks like a Micaluva (essentially a cow with the head of chicken), and that the rain is his urine, and that is why it burns (nothing to do with the pollution from the nuclear warheads).

The Crickonians are not very advanced technologicly. They've developed Laser rifles and Nuclear weapons (which they use excessively). However their non-weapon technology is roughly equivalant to technology on earth in the 1980's. They have computers, but they are only used by the military. Their entire culture is based around different ways of pleasing their God, and all their paintings and songs are religious.

The Crickonians first contact with an alien race was 20 years ago when the Loyalists and Devotess pooled their resources together in a spacecraft project, that was hailed as a great step towards peace. The first ship launched (named Crick after a heated and long debate over whether to call it Pickalawa or Mupo), with the expressed purpose of discovering which god was the real one. However instead of finding God, they found a lost [[Nepleslian]] smuggling ship which sold them electrical goods at extortionate prices, which looked good and came with a great deal of jargon, but were faulty, and mostly just made beeping sounds or had a flashing light.

The rage of both sides, firstly of not finding an answer to the question that has been plaging them for aeons, and secondly because many of the religous leaders invested heavily in useless electronics, increased exponesnialy. In their rage they destroyed the capital city many times, untill both sides signed a peace treaty declaring they would not commit hostile actions in the city, around five years ago. Since then several more merchant ships have turned up tried to find out as much about their culture (as too exploit them better). Some of the more inquisative Crickonians asked about the galaxy outside their world, but most aren't intrested.

The planet of Crick orbits at slightly closer than 1 AU, meaning the planet is a little warmer. It is however also very humid, and covered primarily in huge swamps and temperate oceans. Crick is very rich in resources, and it is for these common and easy to access materials such as gold, platinum and silver, that traders trade for, as well as huge resources of titanium and urnanium.

=====Physiology=====

The Crickonians are, to put it crudely, giant purple lizards. They are covered in scales, have a nine inch long, chameleon like tounge, and six inch long tails. They stand around 5'10'' as an average. They also have impressive radition resistance, which is helpfull when there is as much nulear fall out as their is in Crick.

=====Recent history=====

The two factions have recently gotten into a massive nuclear war, and almost wiped out their planet. They have destroyed all the cities other than the capital city 'Crick town'. It had not been attacked thanks to the treaty, but now there is nothing left the remenants of both armies are amassing on opposite sides of the outskirts of the town, since it is the only one with a space port and they want to get off the planet. As such nuclear weapons are not to be risked, so most of the fighting will be fought urban style.

Anyone know what the deal with this is?

Wes, how about you have a rule where all articles need an "APPROVED FOR USAGE" signature or something.

This clearly isn't finished, let alone ready for submitting.

Fred said:
Well, Kel seems to be the one whom created the article...

I sure as hell didn't write it... I think it was just one of the ones I copied when I was transferring everything from the old Approved Technology board into the wiki.

OsakanOne said:
Wes, how about you have a rule where all articles need an "APPROVED FOR USAGE" signature or something.

This clearly isn't finished, let alone ready for submitting.
Or better yet, "NOT YET APPROVED FOR IC USAGE"? That would make a little more sense in my opinion. I know that a few of us already do this, so why not try to make it standard?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back