• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Freespacers- Nekomata

Vesper

Inactive Member
I found this guy lurking about on the Wiki. I believe Angelic_Crux made it way back in August of '08 (they are the ones that linked it in one of the Freespacer OOC threads) but it doesn't look like anything has been done with it since. On discussion with some people on IRC we felt it was too good to let wallo in obscurity, so here you are:

Nekomata

I think they are quite different, if for no other reason than one (the Nekomata) stands around 8" tall. Since they are machines they would be stronger than you would expect for something under a foot but still, moving a 2L of soda would be a arduous task.

Also that Nekomata, while prone to attempts at violence, doesn't have any knowledge of combat, martial arts, etc.

Edit: be aware the Nekomata is 8 inches tall, not 8 feet tall.

You know, despite how many times I've looked at the article, I've always thought they were hulking eight foot tall behemoths of crappy technology. Now that you've pointed out the error in my mental scale, it makes these guys even more hilarious. I almost want Bootsector to have one, sitting on her shoulder speaking a very weeaboo japanese, perhaps classifying everything as "kawaii" or "baka."

Approved, I guess. Nothing really revolutionary in the tech.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back