• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Freespacers (Third Generation)

This is my third batch artwork for the Freespacers. The first ones were just crude doodles, that you could see around the Wiki articles on them. The second ones were like the Druidess...good, but did them in such high resolution and detail on that they took forever to finish. So for this third batch I just, "Aww, screw it. I'm going to sketch, have fun, and not worry too much about perfect quality." Lo and behold, these were fun to draw, turned out extremely well given how little effort I put into them. Most importantly, however, they were quick. Which fecking rocks.

First picture:
https://stararmy.com/starchan/character_ ... 077716.png

Notes said:
A potential Freespacer player-character. Thus far I've had four separate first-contact requests (three plotship GMs, and a race GM) regarding the Freespacers, so I thought it might be high time I start preparing a character for such an event. It was originally going to black and white 1-hour sketch, but I decided to color it regardless. Unfortunately, I already did the shading in ink, so placing the colors on top made it come out...not as great as I'd hoped. But given the extremely short time it took, it's still well-done. And the chibis give +5 points to awesomeness ranking.

Second picture:
https://stararmy.com/starchan/character_ ... 291537.png

This was originally just going to be the Type Four cyborg model for the Type Four article I was writing on the Wiki, but for this post I removed all the technical explanations. The following blurb was actually inspired by that heated argument Blas/Nyton and Fred/MEGAMI were having in the Miharu plotship thread a few pages back.

The Type Four and Five brain patterning process is parallel to the ST backup system, but operates on much more brutal technology. Not only do the Freespacers lack the ability to "bridge" and transfer neural imprints (aka "souls") from the old to new body, their patterning process actually murders the original host when recording the brain pattern (the high-intensity photographing used by the Freespacers effectively fries the brain). Furthermore, the recorded pattern is scanned and used to create a simulate the neural structure of the brain.

With the lack of soul transfer ("bridging"), the murder of the original host, and the destruction of identity (the copying host's mind into a digital construct), one could argue there is nothing left of the original host at the end of the process, and therefore that all Automata and Synthetic Intelligence are no more than soulless dopplegangers and homunculi.

More to come!

It's certainly more details...and darker.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back