• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Fresh meat!

Gryal

Inactive Member
Hello everyone!

I've always been bad at intros. Never know what part of all the things I could say is going to be interesting. So, instead of trying to figure it out, I'm just going to throw things that are mildly related to this forum and hope at least one sticks to the wall.

I'm a long time RPer, having started in my early teens, though I don't have that much experience with various systems - mostly D&D, play by post and IRC (or other instant messaging varieties) for me, which should hint at the fact that I do most of the RPing online. There was a time when I DM'd a D&D game, but stuff happened and it died after some four years.

I'm a fan of science-fiction in most of its aspects, mainly because I enjoy seeing how others think such technologies would end up - including the darker and less ethical ones. I'm more of the "hard" side, trying to keep things making sense with what we know already, but that won't stop me from ignoring current physics if it's just more fun to do so. After all, I RP for fun!

I've been told that my characters often end up being amoral, which is something I highly argue against - most if not all of my characters have a code that they conduct themselves along, it just happens that said code is often not very considerate of others. Whatever the case, I find the idea of developing a character that's good even to his own detriment pretty interesting, and that's what I've got in mind for here, at least as a first character. I actually have a pretty decent idea of what I want to make, but it's easy to imagine that I've no idea whether all of it will fit with the rules or not, so checking will have to be done.

Still here? Well, I'm out of stuff to rant for now. Pleasure to meet you all, and see you around!

Hey Gryal! Welcome to Star Army, usually just called SARP. We're a bunch of crazy people who pretty much do what you describe anyway, so, you sound like you'll fit in. There's all sorts of options you can look into, and a good place to start is The New Player's Guide, which is a one-stop source of basic information on pretty much every group in the setting. Factions go from the Imperialistic catgirl supersoldiers of Yamatai (you can be other things there, too) to the Super-future-hyper-America that is Nepleslia (a good place for everyone, especially if you like gritty settings), to the crazy independents who do everything from chase bounties to hunt down supervillains (bounty Hunters and ISC Phoenix, respectively).

I personally run Origin Industries, a neutral megacorporation that develops and builds everything from toilet paper to starships, and spans the entirety of the galaxy in its operations. On top of the main factions, the independents, and my corporation, there's also the alien races such as the Lorath, Gartagens, Abwehrans, and even a few other less-known species floating around to choose from.

I hope you can find a place to stay in SARP, and enjoy your time here!

-Kai

Hello and welcome! I'm Wes, the guy that started this place back in the day, and I'm here to help! I'm good to have you, and I'm particularly glad to see an experienced DM. We're always looking for people who are willing not only to join existing RPs but to eventually start their own threads and open their own subforums. Running a game for four years is a great accomplishment.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back