• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Galactic Six, not a typo] G6 Brand, Ammo and Rifle

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Okay so @Jack Pine you need to come confirm the section six stuff is all cool, I'll throw a mention @club24 because we discussed this prior and so other people do not have to.

Joint venture! mini corp! wasn't sure if I needed an article to explain the nature of the Galactic Six brand and how it is just a mini company they now use when collaborating but I did anyway, let me know what is wrong and I'll get to fixing it.

<3

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
15ft came to mind but idk how that sounds.

But being stealthier weapons I don't imagine you'd want more than a handful of people using them on an operation.

The following review is for the Galactic Six 6mm Caseless Electronically Fired Rounds article.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ N/A ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Last edited:
The following review is for the Galactic Six article.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ N/A ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

The following review is for the Galactic Six Munition Fabricating Assault Rifle article.

[ ❌ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.

Here are some fixes this sub-article still needs:
  1. I apologize, @SirSkully - and I'm not trying to be condescending or anything negative, either, though I know it will probably come across as such >.< - but I must insist that the Honeycomb be removed from this submission for the reasons I mentioned here.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Though you have my thanks @Alex Hart and @META_mahn for attempting to find an alternative solution, the problem with the solution mentioned here is that it violates General Rule 4b of the Submission Rules via essentially "promising in-universe restrictions on use or availability" in order to "justify overpowered or questionable abilities on [the] submission."

Similarly, @Syaoran, the "equally powerful fabricator" you mentioned here cannot be used as a justification either - as to do so would violate General Rule 4a by "pointing to an older submission, especially one of a different faction" in order to "justify overpowered or questionable abilities on [the] submission."

How exactly is this overpowered Frost? You claim it is, but by what standard are you judging it as over powered? And also making an actual direct limitation placed in the article does not count under that rule you're talking about. Otherwise things like a weapon overheating wouldn't count. This isn't a "promise of an in universe restriction" it is a mechanical restriction placed on the device. Like ammunition, or as mentioned over heating.

You just got through saying here that you stop trying to force things and would discuss with the submitters. So I'm not going to accept you dodging out of it only 2 days later.

Yeah, although I'm not super available to chat until around this time tomorrow I'd still appreciate some attempt to talk through it with me rather than just being told a piece of approved technology doesn't fit the technology levels of the setting - I could nerf the fabrication times, I could weld the magazine to the frame or decrease its capacity a bit but any kind of discussion is preferred to whatever this is @FrostJaeger

Could I request a new reviewer such as @Alex Hart or somebody seeing as frost seems to like getting himself banned so frequently? thanks

Alright, after way too much waiting, here's my review, finally.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...
[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. Though it meets all the other requirements, I'd like to see a bit on the MFCAR page about the whole deal where you can't have more than 5 in a small area prominently displayed, to prevent confusion with end users (players). I wouldn't expect players to be going through the wiki and, after seeing this cool gun, go read about the Honeycomb and pay enough attention to find out about its limitations.

2. In addition to that, I'd like a defined radius for how far the distance is before more will start working of some sort, maybe about 10 meters to 12 meters (or 30 feet to 40 feet roughly)

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Alright,

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...
[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)

APPROVED

[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to

RPG-D RPGfix
Back