• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Galaxy Scouts

Interesting Info I just dug up, which may or may not have a bearing on this submission, about the BSA.

The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nations largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. The BSA provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship and develops personal fitness and for or nearly a century, the BSA has helped build the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun.

The Boy Scouts of America believes - and through nearly a century of experience, knows - that helping youth is a key to building a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society, just look at these statistics if you question the value of Scouting in America:

· 85% of high school student council presidents were Scouts

· 89% of high school senior class presidents were Scouts

· 80% of high school junior class presidents were Scouts

· 75% of high school publication editors were Scouts

· 71% of high school football captains were Scouts

· 64% of Air Force Academy graduates

· 68% of West Point graduates

· 70% of Annapolis graduates

· 72% of Rhodes Scholars

· 85% of F.B.I. agents

· Scouts made up 26 of the first 29 astronauts

· 11 of the 12 men to physically walk on the moon's surface were Scouts

· Of the 312 pilots and scientists selected as astronauts since 1959, 179 were Scouts or have been active in Scouting: 39 of which were Eagle Scouts

· Through their commitment, 4.64 million Scouts and their families and 1.5 million volunteers—representing 121,034 Scouting units, 321 councils, 16,800 communities, and all 50 states provided 200,757,046 hours of community service to others over the last two years.

I have to say, the 5 minutes of that I saw before my mom got pissed about all the swearing... was kind of....

stupid.

So is there any verdict on the submission, or what?

Galaxy Scouts has members of every species and faction - except the Mishhuvurthyar.

I more or less wondered if this would make sense considering there are races as of yet (both present and future.), undiscovered by the mainstream nations as it is also more or less construed as implying a sense of 'every nation has joined.' kind of feel. :? Other then that, it looks spiffy to me, touching on an aspect of SARP I don't think we've ever really delved into before.

Would you prefer it if I instead wrote a huge run-on sentence listing every single faction? xD

Here, I know... I'll change it to KNOWN species.

Yes, I'm a reviewer. I'd hoped to hear back from some of our FM's in regard to this. But. I'll get to it a little later on, Teddo. It's 2:00 am right now.

My faction is not involved enough in the main of the setting to allow one such agency.

And although they're xenophiles, they probably wouldn't accept this sort of group because of cultural protectiveness.

This review is for: Galaxy Scouts

The submitted article is/has…
[X] A general topic sentence under the title header
[ ] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[X] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[X] In the proper format/template
[X] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[X] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[X] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[X] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[X] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[X] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[X] Obtusely redundant
[X] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[X] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[ ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[X] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[X] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[X] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[X] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[X]Lacking Detail

The article has…
[NA] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[NA] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[ ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[NA] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

The year of establishment should be the current year. Also, the rangers cannot be a military force - under Yamataian law, militaries other than the Star Army are illegal.

I could see scouts getting credit for Star Army rank, just like Eagle Scouts do in the US Army. The Star Army is a big fan of teaching kids and soldiers to do the right thing.

I intend to finish this review by: May 25, 2009

I changed the creation to the current year, and changed the Galaxy Ranger section to elaborate on what exactly they do.

Submission approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back