• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Generalised Tech Level for potential Lorath race.

DocTomoe

Technological level of the Lorath race: The Lorath's technology has been in the process of development since the time predating their imprisonment. Due to their time of isolation from the distractions of living on the surface world, their technological capability has managed to excel ahead by leaps and bounds. Many fields of technology have been researched by the Lorath people, except for technology that would require research in space, or in flight, thus their imprisonment has managed to keep them from reaching outside of their solar system with their current technological level.

In the field of biochemistry and medicine the Lorath people have excelled in their research. The Lorath currently are capable of advanced genetic engineering to aid in combating many illnesses. Through the use of controlled breeding, gene splicing, embryonic manipulation, nanotech based manipulation of DNA, and genetically altered viruses that are used as tools for their work, and with the technology the Lorath have managed to do away with most illnesses that could possibly befall them. Also with this technology the botanical and agricultural capability of the Lorath has increased, thus allowing for all season crops, shorter times for growth and at the same time control of the growth to prevent damage to the ecosystems used for farming.

Weapons research has been a key to the Lorath's technological advancement for many of the years of their imprisonment, due to the lust for revenge the Lorath have focused a large amount of their efforts towards creating ideal weapons to suit their needs. The Lorath currently are able to produce a wide range of weapons, spanning from basic crossbows to the latest in focused beam technology. Even with such technological capability, the weaponry is rarely used due to cultural taboos of using ranged weapons in combat, yet if need be, ranged weapons would be used. Meanwhile armor technology has grown along with the weapons applications; personal armor for each individual is able to endure punishment from a wide range of focused beam weapons and projectiles. Construction of armored vehicles has also been carried out to ensure the survival of warriors in situations of "dishonorableâ€

Well... that is just asking for trouble later on. Seriously consider posting your devices, weapons, ect before using them in RP. It will help you in the long run.

It's official. They make my brain bleed. There is lots of double-talk, and improbables in here that should be nipped ^.^;

All you have posted is an overview, even considering the flaws in it there really isn't anything that people can comment on because of the vaugeness of it. You need to give examples of weapons and equipment that your race has so that it can be looked at and evaluated.

Ok then, Just alow me and tomoe a few days so we can start working out the ideas for the different technology. And by the way, Uso, I have a damned good reason for no ranged weaponry. Look where they lived for so long! Underground, it's tough to have any real ranged weaponry out of saftey for those using it from the start, before they developed adequate protection from it. Regardless, I'm heading off to bed now, and tomoe and myself should have the first bit of tech posted up this weekend.

If anything chemical and flame throwers would become the weapons of choice. Even underground the sword and dagger are just as inhibited as the rifle and pistol.

What I think they are shooting for here is the Necromunger race from The Chronicles of Riddick... They still used blades and what not but wielded pulse rifles and space craft. It's just a twist version of them but there really does need to be a more descriptive layout of the races tech capability's.

The Necromunger, aside from the fact that they shouldn't have been able to support an army, used suicide soldiers along with spacecraft. Blades were merely there just to say that they were not completely unarmed. Riddik wasn't a movie that focused to heavily on things like technology.... or storyline...

You know....I have never seen that movie before o.o; Necromungers? *sighs and shakes her head* Anyways, Me and tomoe like I said shall begin posting the first parts of our Race's tech this weekend, late night saturday- early morning sunday more then likely. Also, can anyone send me a link, or maybe send me a template for making star-craft? All the needed information and the such please?

Do yourself a favor and don't go looking for Riddick... pitch black (the first movie in the series) sure, it is good enough to rent and watch if you like that kinda thing.

Do not watch Pitch Black at night thats frickin scary as hell.
*beats uso with a stick* your a sorry excuse for a full metal combat announcer

You are always welcome to join one of the other mod's special events that are held monthly.... but until you do I will keep walking the fine line between doing what User asked me to and getting bored.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back