• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Geshrinari - Cargo Runner Variant

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
Submission Type: Civilian starship
Submission URL: Ge-L5-1A - Issoku-Class Cargo Runner

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet?

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: The Ge-L5 is just an upgrade to the Ge-F7 Type 30 Cargo runner. It features better engines, a little better armor, some interior enhancements, and the weapon load is now optional. No new technology.

Isn't 65 engines (13 in each cluster) really excessive for a civilian ship? The design is clearly a knockoff of the high-maneuverability Star Army of Yamatai turbo aether plasma type. I think standard engines would be more sensible and much, much lower maintenance.

The Turbo Plasma drive is the high-end engine design used by Gesherinari, its been used on a number of other ships.

As for the # of engines. The out ring of smaller nozzles are vernier engines, they do not supply primary thrust, but rather are used to make minor thrust corrections in flight to account for changing center of gravity as things move about the ship, etc.

I have also added text to the Turbo Plasma Drive page explaining what they are.

Not seeing anything further wrong with this, changes are good and helps flesh out what it is.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back