• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Great Things About Great Nations

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Yamatai: I love your sleek ships, your sexy character art, your wonderful players, and the vast information available about you. I'm glad you're constantly improving.

Nepleslia: I love your tough characters and cool mecha. I admire your faction's growth, and how you've fleshed out things. We sometimes disagree on things but we all agree Nepleslia ROCKS!

UOC: I know you have some of the coolest characters in the SARP and although the split hurt like hell it made me step back and take a look at Yamatai and start working harder to make it good. Your new ships and uniforms are cool.

Elysia: You have a lot of great tech and interesting setting; I wish you had some more players.

Independents: You're a blast to read, from the insane Phoenix zombie stomp to the complex political exploration of the Yggdrasill, you keep the universe diverse and interesting and your GMs work extra hard.

Please respond to this thread with positive things you think about the various SARP factions!

Yamatai: Yamatai you were the reason I joined this RP, everything from your sleek ships, to sexy characters. Thank you. :)

Nepleslia: It was a long time in coming, but I joined your ranks, and by god I'm loving every minute of it!

Elysia: Never rp'ed with you, but it would be fun.

UOC: Hey, new nation, new possibilities, and new horizons to explore. :)

Lorath: I've been finding them to be interesting, including even having a wrestling match with a Fyuunen which I enjoyed very much!

Independant: Guys guys guys...my second character joined your ranks, and I love it all. From the Phoenix and my crazy but fun convos with Luca, to my oftimes pervy and technobabble ones with Toshiro. Good stuff. :D

Yamatai and the UOC: They are nice places to grow in RPing skills. They both have a variety of plots for a variety of players and skill levels. The diversity is nice every once in a while.

Nepleslia: I have roleplayed too much here, even though it is technically my first faction. I hope to roleplay here more, as it is fairly fun to play in... especially with female character :mrgreen:

Elysia: Kind of wish this faction would liven up again, but it has had a lot of bad luck, but I still had fun being part of it for a while. ^_^

Lorath: I still plan to make a Lorath character, but it has been set back unfortunately. They are a fun concept, so it'll be fun experimenting in the roleplay.

Independents: Luca's plot is comical, but in a good way. If SA was always serious about its roleplay, then we wouldn't have much fun most of the time, now would we? The interaction between the Ygg and Azorea has been fairly interesting, and beneficial for everyone, I'd think. I've also read the other factions here, and I'm proud to admire the effort people put into SARP to make it better as a whole.

If I left anyone out, sorry, I'm tired right now. :lol:

Yamatai: I sometimes fear reading but whenever I do, it's almost always a pleasant surprise with time the only thing keeping me back. Sometimes you do things I disagree with but I respect you for your history and the way you persevere. You are strong and you're moving in a better direction.

Nepleslia: A little wild. Very fun. I love the gritty feel and the toughness. I really need to get my ass a character here, ASAP.

UOC: I never thought you'd take off but wow. You surprise me at every turn. You truly are the frontier of the setting, ever changing and incredibly active. I'm glad you've "woken Wes up" as it were.

Elysia: I had to look you up (I feel guilty). You feel like the Lorath... I really wish I knew more about you. If the character-limit isn't up anymore, I'll make one if there's a GM willing to put up with me ;)

Independents: Balls to the wall, guys. A brilliant read. Very varied and refreshing to read.

Yamatai: The Japanese theme is pretty cool, and I always liked the way the player community seemed pretty accepting to newbies (I.E me). The ship designs and equipment are familiar in so many ways, yet different in many more. Keep on doing great, Wes.

Nepleslia: What can I say? I've never seen anything terribly horrible about Nepleslia. The cursing and badass behavior reminds me so much of my hometown the resemblance is almost uncanny. Your mecha and starships have served my characters well.

UOC: Fragment factions = awesome in a can. I can't wait to see where you guys are going to go. And I'm glad to be along for the ride.

Independents: Oh yeah, I love the diversity. Jess and her Freespacers rock so hard it wasn't even funny. Luca, I can't even begin to talk about how awesome your ISC Phoenix plot is. The zombie romp you have us on now is great character development for the debut of my first ever "tank" RP character. And Missing, the Horizon's Key plot is honestly coming along nicely. This is one epic experience.

Yamatai: You guys are the reason I've joined. The community that they have is just outstanding and the reason why I have a plotship there. :D
I'll always have a Yamataian character, don't anyone worry. ^_^

Neplesians: I LOVE NPCing them, they are the most badass, rugged muthas out there. I can't wait for the day where I have enough time to make a character for them.

UOC: I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that this fractious nation broke from its mothernation. I did not believe that Wes would stand for it, and initially he didn't. I have gained a newfound respect in you, Wes, for allowing a large amount of players to defect. (I sincerely hope you guys still make a character in Yam, we can't be depleting our resources there too thin now can we.)

Lorath: Never had contact with you guys, but what from what I've read, they seem really cool. Also, if their run by the infamous Doc, then they must be fun. :D

Independent: Oh man, this stuff is where I thrive! Luca, your plot has probably kept me from leaving the site a few times. Missing, the Horizon's Key is really shaping up to be a lot of fun. And last but not least, Jess. The freespacers were/are my absolute favorite part of the entire setting. I still love playing little Kassiopea. They have the best mindset, the most comedic wiki, and the most interesting technology. <3

Yamatai and the UOC: I appreciate how Yamatai isn't a boring galactic peace-mongerer, believe it or not. Yamatai and its respective cultures do things their own way, and sometimes they aren't very liked or appreciated...but I see this as a good thing more often than not. For you see, if Yamatai didn't do the things they do, there would be little conflict, and we'd all be boorishly nodding and frolicking together.

Though conflict might cause problems, groans and moans, I see this as a privilege and opportunity for RP. If every nation got along perfectly and never did things that the other disliked, our setting would be boring, uneventful and stagnant. I appreciate how factions strive to keep their differences.

Nepleslia: I like the setting above all else here. We have some fantastic minds and players, and lots of ideas and setting elements. I like how we don't have to have the top technology points that other nations throw around to maintain our standing. I like our technology in general; the blocky ships, more familiar weapon systems and general aesthetic hit a lot closer to home in my Scifi department.

I also like how our culture isn't perfect. We have crime, some poverty, a thriving black market (that I'm currently working to flesh out), and plenty of unique setting elements to present our characters. I really appreciate how Tom, Wes and the others whom first pioneered Nepleslia have left us such a nice bag of toys to play with.

Other Factions: While I can't say I read all of you, let me convey that if you are a civilian plot; good on ya. Fleshing out the non-military setting is something I myself love doing, and it's refreshing to see others take it in such strides.

I do follow Lucas plot, though. How can I not, with a character like Luca hitting so close to home?

Elysia: Although it's a shame your faction isn't as prominent as others, it still has a good cultural aesthetic (dedication to religion) that any decent scifi should have.

Yamatai: You are well explained, your artwork is unbeatable. Grown through roleplay. I wish you would not change under pressure, the way you stood like a statue of consistency was why I loved you.

UOC: Your struggle, your imperfections is what makes you fun. I look at you and I see potential. I think your future role will be the glue for relations between other nations.

Nepleslia: Your GMs never cease to amaze me, your plots are fun. I only wish your I had more time and I would join one.

Noria: Two years you have been silent now, before that you were my rock. Emerging as an aggressor is likely to bring you change, can you emerge from another age of darkness?

Elysia: Where are you?

Lorath: Your plots are small but fun, we need to see more of your culture.

The Nations of SARP: Lets leave our IC interactions IC, its time that we were all friends again OOC. We need to work together to heal the site so that we can continue to be strong.

Yamatai: You are the Empire, a wickedly awesome faction to be apart of. The stories and role-play here is what attracted me in the first place. It fits my definite Weeaboo style; mecha, catgirls and save points! But I regress, to get a little more serious, I like the way the faction is ran and all of the inner turmoil about being the biggest of the bunch, it almost reminds me of Rome in a sense and it intrigues me to see how this will evolve with the coming times.

UOC: UOC, you kinda sprung up on me. I turn my attention away from SARP for a few weeks and BAM! Next thing I know there's this awesome peacekeeping nation. As a Canadian who's quite involved with peace keeping organizations on a international level, I find these struggles hit closest to home and I look forward to soon being on board.

Nepleslia: It really has been quite a while since I actually got into you, but the gritty realistic future feeling is so refreshing in this setting. My character is just about complete and I know there are a few plots I've been keeping my eye on, so soon enough we'll be better acquainted.

Elysia: Late bloomers I hope, maybe in the future we'll see more of you and I'll get to be a part of your nifty looking Nation.

Lorath: ...I want in.

Independent: First off, Higa was kinda shaky but I was excited over the prospects offered by the plot with a real anime mecha feeling. So maybe in the future I'll offer some help to get something like it off the ground. As for the other plots going on there, I know Luca's is always a great read and when I looked at the site in the past during one of the times I considered joining I spotted the Yggdrasill in it's first voyages and considered making a character for it because it really does and has became a interesting plot. But with this all aside, there are SO many ideas I have to bring to the table here that I can't wait until I get up enough nerve to start them, so to you Independents, I salute and raise my can of pepsi. 'Live free and get ready for me!'

SMX: Now I know Andrew mentioned the new NPC race, so I thought I'd mention the SMX while I had the chance. I really did enjoy going toe to toe with this nation and with the recent events I hope that maybe you transpire into a playable race, guaranteed I'd make one or two characters maybe even a plot!

YAMATAI - You design a mighty fine sidearm there! The more prominent characters in the setting are awesome in their own right too as are the troopers.

NEPLESLIA - Badassery Ahoy! You guys always continue to push the boundaries with awesomery and big weapons unparalleled! Rock on Moon, Koku, Roscoe, Sub and whoever else is involved!

ELYSIA - When Zaklawe was around a bit more, he'd always run some of his designs past me and ask me for ideas. I gave him help here and there and the interiors of his ships are a bloody magnificent read.

LORATH - Doc, man, it's always a pleasure to talk to you! I'll make that Lorath NPC on my ship a bit more prominent later on, 'kay? And Tiff, I'd like to thank you for that rundown on Lorath religion you gave me - helped me make an NPC that will feature later.

INDEPENDENTS - Toshiro, you and the Ygg have broken ground in the past with Salvaging. I'm afraid I don't have VB.Net on this new computer yet, but maybe we could do some more coding together one day? The Independent Niche is always bursting with interesting stories too - I'm yet to read them in detail but it's always nice to see new forums in the Independent Section.

GENERAL - For everyone I didn't mention, All of you rock equally well! Hell, every character in the setting is a Badass in their own right!

Yamatai: Often entertaining, the epitome of space opera. It makes a good foundation for the rest of this interesting world.

Nepleslia: Military Sci-fi oh how I love thee. This is where you get your jackboots on, and pretend to be a Starship Trooper

Elysia: I have a serious obsession with biotech that is unbecoming in a physics major. I'm glad someone's using it.

Independents: *Hugs Toshiro* Murrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry, he's a good friend of mine. He's the reason I'm here. Blame him! Aside from that, lotta odd wacky spontanious stuff here

Zelacoor: I wish, I wish really, really, hard.

Wishlist:
Now, if only people were constrcting things with solid, stable forcefeilds as building material. I'm sad there's no Chrystaltech and no energy-as-matter tech (Solid forcefeilds used as wepons and the like... like a gun that shoots small force fields as bullets... or is there?)

I was thinking maybe faction managers might consider adding some of these quotes to their faction pages.

Yamatai: I love the cool space ships and art! I Just started RPing with you and love it because of the hard work and organisation I have seen put into it.

Nepleslia: I love your society and setting, I am looking forward to more RP with you.

Iroma: I am still reading all of the fluff on you, but it never gets old and is always a pleasure.

UOC: I miss you.

Abwehrans: I have always been a fan, and just made a character. I love the biology, and the hard sci-fi setting.

Freespacers: I wish there were more plots, because these guys are just amazing.

Yamatai: I'll admit I think of crazy cat girl samurai complete with the oriental armor every time I think of you. Don't change from being the biggest and the baddest. I couldn't have ya any other way.

UOC: Keep being the classic rebels we all know and love.

Nepleslia: I love Funky City, and the attitude of the Neplesians.

Elysia: Honestly have really looked to much into ya. but being a part of this fantastic website i can't imagine you being anything less than amazing.

Lorath: y'all just plain old rock

Independents: I live and love y'all. Luca's plot has kept me going since I joined and HMS Fearless died so quickly. Abwehrans have been and always will be my favorite race. Freespacers are a close second unfortunately there aren't that many plots calling for one, that i've seen anyway.

Iromakuanhe: Best fluff, best players, best community effort. I wish all factions could be up to the bar that the Iroma set.

Yamatai: Star Trek anime catgirls getting molested by tentacle aliens. It draws people in and makes them stick around to. So sad the whitewashing has been pushing you down.

Freespacers, Lorath, Azoreans: Such great potential, amazing ideas, it's just too bad that they don't get the love from players that they deserve.

Edit:
Let's see what our friend Doshii has to say about Yamatai--

Doshii Jun said:
SCHOOLGIRL

Thanks, Dosh. :cool: b

Haha. It's like a text-based sound clip. Context? What's that? :p

Additionally--

Nepleslia: Thank you for being there to facilitate those who wish to play in that sort of environment. You add a good dash of color where it's sorely needed here on StarArmy.

I have added some of the comments from this thread to the faction pages so visitors can see all the great comments about each faction when they're choosing which to make their first character in!

Yamatai

Nepleslia

Independent

RPG-D RPGfix
Back