Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP [Hanako Shall Resist] CH.1: Cut off from supplies

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Game Master
Character Forum Mod
RP Date
YE41
RP Location
Planet Hanako, New Yamatai
Map (3).jpg

The night was beautiful at Hanako World, the stars were bright in the sky and everything seemed so peaceful. Yet on the other side, in the distance fights were still going on people were still resisting their new guests at their homes. Thought the policy of Kuveians was cruel, it was harsh and it showed in the areas that were scouted. The smell of fresh burned trees and blood was in the air as the team arrived at the north of New Kyoto that was still in crossfire with the Kuvexian soldiers that trying to take over the capital city of the world. Taking a deep breath as Yri was kneeled and looked back at the arriving team "Welcome to the battlefield that changes every damn hour..." She whispers and waved her hand to the area as if she was giving a tour.

Moving to Yri side, Ak took a moment to take it all in, it was dreadfull to see Kyoto burning, the large planetary gun was also offline it seemed and at her side she could see shuttles moving towards the old weapons depot "Fill me in Hei" Ak finally asked of Yri wh looked at Ak and nodded briefly looking back at the large scenery that was developing right in front of them.

"To the west are the communication array, weapons depot and custom made prison that keeps civilians and wounded Yamatai soldiers. Per your request, both Christeli and Atsuko are scouting the area there heading south towards the village of Ovleung. central is a yet to identify enemy ship that has its guns at the city fo Kyoto which is, by the way, burning at the moment and yet somehow holding out. In the south-east is where our lovely Ingemarsson wants us to go. The general supplies depot, it holds all medical-related equipment that we need. Yet we got to pass through Kyoto without being detected by the enemy. The beach stops at the north so that is no entry point"

Nodding to the given information Ak gave Yri a pat on the shoulder "Well done, I got Amatsukaze, Stamoules, and Maleirzwan with me...they will operate with us to get towards the supplies" She looked at the group and softly nods "We are t head through the forest towards New Kyoto and clear a path to the supplies depot. This is not a one-way raid, I want to use this as much as we can and so give the control back to New Kyoto. Let's move out, watch out for any movement in the forest, but avoid to use your rifle...that's why I took your machine gun away big guy. Stealth is upmost important" She nods again and moved ahead towards the small forest that had some trees burned down.
 
"That's why I brought one of these." He held up a GP-12A, fiddling with a few of its controls. Unlike his SPAID he hadn't covered this one in that strange vomitous gunk, content with it the way it was. "Practically silent. An energy weapon that leaves no traces and is considered outdated? Fortune's tidings come in many forms."

His wounds had healed quickly though some patch-work repairs had been done on his armour. It wouldn't be easy to notice in the cover of night but it spoke to his freakish resilience and subsequently his intimidating size and power. Neither of those things made him appear any less stealthy. His once calm motions gradually turned predatory, stalking, sharply alert with knees bent and body tilted slightly forwards in a semi-crouch. His newly acquired rifle was ready to be braced against his shoulder at any moment and in this wilderness, he was back in his element.

"So how are we getting the supplies back? And if we can't, do we deny them to the enemy?" He asked. He was more than ready for either. Stepping up a steeper hillside, weapon tracing over the ridge, he slowly advance a few feet ahead. They already had little. If worse came to worst, even less than that.
 
Last edited:

demibear

Well-Known Member
Athena looked over at the alien with an envious raised eyebrow. Where on Elysium Novus did he get that from!? Considering they were on a mission of stealth, she repressed her desire to question its procurement else potential reveal their position. She just simply nodded in agreement and moved after their leader.

While she did her best to keep a low profile, Elysians were terrible at this with the addition of their wings. So she just opted to pay more attention to their surroundings.
 

paladinrpg

Site Supporter
Game Master
After hiding in the hole in the ground for awhile, the mini-neko Noa had begun to get restless and once again had taken to the field behind their fearless leader, Ak. She listened intently as Yri updated the situation report with communication array in particular catching her interest. But by the sounds of it, they had to first worry about the immediate needs of the dozens of wounded and others whom the small H-bunker's meager supplies could not care for... but it seems there was a cache they could still use. So, looks like it was time for a daring raid after all!

Amatsukaze got her bearings a moment in the woods, pausing to give a tiny thumbs up to the giant known as Maleirzwan when he was showing off his new piece of artillery that was three times longer than she was tall. "Oh cool, you got a toaster! An oldie but a goodie... It'll crisp a Kuvvie good from almost 6km away in that sniper config." Apparently she had a good amount of gun knowledge, not the least of which was in part to using virtual versions of many of these in pvp shooter games on the net..

Seeing she was indeed the smallest and least obvious, Noa wasted no time putting some of that old SAINT basic training to use, nimbly floating between the shadows of the trees on the way to New Kyoto like some turqoise haired will-o-wisp more than a Nekovalkyrja scout. And thanks to her liberal use of anti-gravity, she didn't even make a detectable sound, either. The whole way her Kuromegane visor's video was also being digitally streamed, should Ak or another colloborator wish to tap into it at any time with their digital mind.
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Game Master
Character Forum Mod
Northern Forest of New Kyoto

Hearing Maleirzwan talking about his gun as Ak looked behind her at him "Just watch it with that gun, I go no idea where you got that gun, but seeing that we are working in the darkness, we are dealing being on the spotlight if you shoot that. Keep that in mind. I don't think it will matter much in New Kyoto, seeing that it is a fire zone already" Ak pointed out as they continued into the forest. The area was awfull quiet, Ak was looking around to scan what was going, yet nothing was there and it was to quiet to her feeling as raised her fist and signals to go down as she goes onto one knee "Maleirzwan, south-east I can see movement....use that scoop of yours" She orders.

Most likely Maleirzwan would see a group of bug-like aliens known as Rixx standing there to patrol the area. Roughly 5 of them checking their weapons. But meanwhile, noises are coming from their right side, sounds of another Rixx incoming unknown the number. Ak narrows her eyes as she slowly clicks her own rifle, this should be done quietly.
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Game Master
Character Forum Mod
Not GM post, just introducing Sobo Deilfir Adrahasis

IKKS The Hematite Gift
West of New Kyoto


The bridge looked a bit fancy, some of the metal was gold looking and others of also rare material. It looked clean and in order, in the middle was sitting a Kuvexian male with very light blue skin and leaning back in his comfy chair with a glass in his hand holding some alcoholic drink in it. He was looking at the screen with a cold and emotionless expression on his face, his status was shown by his fancy military clothing and jewelry he had on him. His eyes turned to an approaching Kuvexian "Yes?" he said in a low tone and waiting for the man to speak up.

The man cleared his voice and spoke while at attention to show his respect "Sobo Deilfir Adrahasis, the Yamatai are holding their ground at the capital city, our intelligence has given us the name of the city after torturing some Yamatai soldiers at the prison. Its called New Kyoto in a reflection of the capital at their homeworld"

Tapping his left hand on the chair as he narrowed his eyes looking back at the screen seeing how this so-called capital city was holding its ground against the might of the Interstellar Kingdom Of Kuvexia "So what is your excuse to bring me such a poor report Noro Fyntita..." He looked back at the man that was standing there now becoming nervous "I want that city, to pressure this forsaken world into complete obedient dogs they are and join the crusade to crush their beloved empire. But I am stuck on this planet!" He throws the glass onto the ground the shatters into little pieces "So better give me something good right now...or else"

The man was about the collapse under the pressure "The...north and south of this continent is under our control. The prison you requested to be made is constructed in the east close to the weapon depot to keep control of both important resources. The construction at the communication tower in the mountains has begun and their tower is disturbed..." He was shaking on his feet.

He sighs a bit and nods to wave him away "Clean that up..." Adrahasis said as he looked at the city "Get the fighters back from their patrol and start bombing tactic nest of the Yamatai, begin preparation to charge the ship guns to aim at these nest to clear them" The crew acknowledge the order and moved to their position. The Hematite Gift was an Escort Gunship as his own ship The Azure Oath was in orbit and to large to land. So he transported to this ship and took control over planetary operations.
 
"This weapon is old: YE28 old. Even better, invisible pulses. Not far-fetched they'd keep surplus and I'm sure that alone puts them back into active service in some places." Why were they so surprised? On his homeworld, weapons at least two generations older than him frequently clogged up the armouries of various militia and insurgent groups. Rarely were they of this level of craftsmanship and versatility. "A sniper configuration Noa? The divine must desire a grand murder of kuvexians tonight."

With approaching Rix, perhaps this might be his time to make use of it. The scope held up just a well. At Ak's command, he dropped down prone and zoomed in on the ugly insectoids. He raised a fist back; don't shoot yet.

"Mere chaff before the scythe. But I don't suggest firing. The force composition of the approaching reinforcements is not yet known. In this forest cover is plenty; we will be drawn into a prolonged battle and it will not be long before they howl to their masters our location. Ak, I suggest we stay on the move. We'll hunt them down another time."
 

paladinrpg

Site Supporter
Game Master
Noa weaved around some thorny bushes, poking her tiny pigtailed head up here and there well out of the line of sight of the Rixxikor scouts, though the sounds of more movement approaching her position from the new patrol was evident. The neko radioed in telepathically to Ak, "Got several more buggie bogeys coming in... let me see if I can slow 'em down for you." From what she recalled in the reports, Rixxikor were very disorganized and easy to mess with, especially when trying to outdo each other... time for her to troll them, hard.

The mini-neko silently floated through the underbrush until she was roughly a ways behind the 5 strong Rixxikor patrol that was checking their weapons, and proceeded to turn on an external speaker on her visor. Using an audio modification program she wrote one time for the "lols" (but actually was surprisingly handy for times like this), Noa altered and amplified the sound of her voice to sound just like one of the foul-mouthed bug men. From her hiding spot, the insectoid-sounding Hei crassly declared in the group's general direction, as to seem like it originated from one of their own:

"Yo, You just shit that gun out or something? Because it's f**king crap."

Hopefully they would take the bait... pun, intended.
 

demibear

Well-Known Member
Being a medic, Athena did not exactly have extensive experience being infantry. With the exception being assigned to Task Force Latern once. But she doesn't talk about that assignment at all. So she just got into as much cover she could find and readied herself for possible hostilities.
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Game Master
Character Forum Mod
"Mere chaff before the scythe. But I don't suggest firing. The force composition of the approaching reinforcements is not yet known. In this forest cover is plenty; we will be drawn into a prolonged battle and it will not be long before they howl to their masters our location. Ak, I suggest we stay on the move. We'll hunt them down another time."

She shrugs at the mention of her first name "I prefer if you called me Narita" She states bluntly towards the large alien and stayed calm looking at them "I don't think we have a choice..." As she had heard Noa message and narrowed her eyes seeing the enemy closing in on their position "We got to fight...take aim and fire. Make the shots count... a miss might be enough time for them to contact their backup" She orders the big guy and looked at her side.

"Yo, You just shit that gun out or something? Because it's f**king crap."

Rolling her eyes as she rose her weapon "Athena stick with him and give a cover fire if needed, I will help out Noa" She pointed out and moved in the dark towards Noa location as the Rix started to move onto Noa position. Whatever she just did, it caught wind of the enemy and Ak took aim at the enemy and when close enough took selective shots to take them out.
 
"Relocating to the side for a crossfire position. Prioritizing heavy and specialized weaponry."

Half crouching, the hefty fungoid moved fast and low through the hilly terrain and foliage as he darted across a line of flame-withered trees. Finding himself sufficiently distanced, he dropped down onto his stomach and propped his silenced weapon onto a root, motioning for her to take a position at a nearby log.

Just as he turned on the sights, he heard Narita fire first. Immediately, he zeroed in on the rix troopers in the back and opened up as a barrage of invisible pulses tore into the foul creatures. His sight jumped from bug to bug, searching for anyone armed with anything that could suppress or deliver explosives. In possession or not, their carpaced bodies would be scourged and punctured by an unseen force adding to the mayhem of the ambush.

"All squad members; call out targets of interest as you see them. Give not the slightest chance for retaliation."
 

demibear

Well-Known Member
Athena simply nodded since the shooting had not quite yet commenced and she did not want to give their position away. She took aim towards the one most likely to respond back in their filthy way of speaking. Not so much because it was strategic, more that she did not want to suffer their speech patterns more than she utterly needed to.
 

paladinrpg

Site Supporter
Game Master
The trickster mini-neko frowned when her clever little ruse didn't work how she intended -- it was SUPPOSED to make them start infighting like the logs of the YSS Eucharis reports had indicated -- but all it seemed to do was make these obviously much more disciplined bugmen wonder where the hell that voice had come from and start poking around with their rifles. "Sorry boss, I was sure that would've made those idiots start fighting each other", apologized Noa over telepathy as she moved rapidly so her cover wouldn't be completely blown, "These Rixx must be really well trained by their Kuvexian masters!"

The infowarrior did best she could to scurry and gravity-manipulate her way to safety, leading the enemies now tracking her into her teammates shots where possible, all the while thinking of a new plan. Maybe she should have went with the lewd Hanako-tentacle-mashups SAINT downloaded from the Rixx-net at Higaflan as a distraction instead...?
 
Last edited:

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Game Master
Character Forum Mod
The Forest

As Maleirzwan had predicted, the Rix troopers were in disarray and had no idea what was going on, they were in chaos and then they started to rage their cry of battle. Or was it merely just screaming their lungs out because they were under attack? It was uncertain but it did catch the attention of the other group nearby that was hunting for the little neko. They started to head towards their fellow comrades that needed help as Ak just quietly looked at them passing by bickering between each other and yet paying attention to their surrounding. She took a deep breath as the last one pass by 'They have learned something along the way, they are more careful than I got informed, did they learn about our tactics?' She messaged Noa as she smirks 'Let's meet back up with the others, we got to approach this differently'

With that said, she moved back towards the location where she left Athena and Maleirzwan behind and tapped on his shoulder to stop firing for a moment "These scouts seem to be trained in the art of exploration, we might be dealing with Kuvexian admiral that knows planetary warfare" She looked in the distance to the group being united together "If we attack, they eventually might figure out that we are here, but at the other side of the coin...they know something is up in this forest"Ak whispers a bit so they could hear it "Another option is to bypass them and try to get towards the city yet then we don't have a clean backtrack ride to the bunker, so I suggest we take them down by spreading out and fire at all direction, upgrade that confusion"
 
"I do not wish to be the bearer of bad news-"

Maleirzwan's aim snapped right. His weapon pulsed. A rix head down the treeline erupted into fumes of viscera and cranial fluid, the heavy weaponry on its shoulder falling to the ground. The two next to it did not fare much better.

"But it is too late to bypass them now. And with their numbers-"

He pulled back as he saw a few firing wildly; through sheer quantity a few bolts slammed into the tree, flash-burning bark to black and spraying him with ashen fragments.

"It would be very easy for them to surround us if we split up. I suggest we pull away and move faster to the depot."

He swapped out a magazine, peering over the tree to see if they were spotted.

"We don't know how well guarded it is going to be. The more time we spend here, the more likely it will be more heavily guarded... and I doubt it will be just rix if they know we're after a depot."
 
Top