• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny Happy Landings

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm Only Dancing

Inactive Member
Mizuho stared blankly at the alabaster wall of the small transport vessel, her hand brushing absently along the thin blade of the tau kien that had not left her person in too long to recall. Hypnotic, the gleaming white, all-consuming. Blankness.

Two hundred pairs of eyes stared at her from that blankness, some sorrowful, some angered, most simply terrified. Two at a time, they winked away into nothingness, and she relived each scream with growing disconcertion. The acrid stench of scorched flesh and congealed blood pervaded her senses. Screaming, all about her. The eyes, the spattering of blood now on the wall...

She shook her head quickly, tried to regain herself. There were no eyes, no flesh burned within this shuttle. There was blood, but it was her own, a thin slice inflicted by the blade that rested in her hands.

The quiet man who piloted for her. He was standing beside her with a somewhat concerned glance.

"We have docked with the YSS Destiny, Shosa." He offered his hand to help her up.

Mizuho rejected it. "Please dont touch me." She spoke with a quiet resignation, sheathed her blade, rose. Her face betrayed dark thoughts, her complexion far paler than usual and her eyes withdrawn, contemplative, laced with a deep remorse.

Stepping through the airlock, she took a deep breath. A vessel many kilometers in length was her new home. And if she were to err, far more lives would be lost than had been with her failure on the Seion.

The shuttle bay had finally calmed down, leaving little trace of the ordeal that had befallen it not a half-hour before. Engineers and pilots still moved about their business, some examined the scratches on the metal interior, but all-in-all the cavern-like complex was running smoothly again.

An active computer terminal was situated near one of the hallways, but nobody occupied it. It might be used to find the housing block one was situated at, as well as access some of the data logs of the YSS Destiny.

Nobody was there to greet the new officer, which was sad because the only one with the gumption to do so happened to be out at the moment...

The Captain entered the derelict shuttle bay, idly kicking away a piece of debris. He gave a slight bow in the direction of Mizuho.

"Shosa Yukisato, welcome to the Destiny. I'm sorry for the state of the place currently, but we had a little trouble with a mad-man trying to destroy the ship. The engineers and ship systems are working on fixing the place up."

As if to emphasise his points an alpha construction drone floated into the room, detached into the beta drones and began to lift up pieces of wall and ceiling and arc-weld them into place.

"You've been assigned the second highest command position Shosa, your only superior is myself, and I'm sure we won't argue too much." Arild was actually relieved to be away from behind his desk, it had felt as if he'd been behind it forever. "I look forward to having a long and happy working life with you." The side of his mouth turned upwards slightly in an amused smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back