• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Hauler-class Logistics Ship

Toshiro

This is a civilian ship made of SSCC-Huge meant for the Yamataian (home) and Nepleslian (export) markets. It has assorted modules made out of SSCC-XL which greatly alter its purpose, a plasma system which governs both its STL propulsion and weapons, and a sort of side-project born of the modules' development intended for rapid housing. There is also a lot of pricing modifiers and payment plans for the KS and DA. I'm not 100% sure of if the IRC of YE 40 ruined taking both currencies or not, though.

Sorry for all the sub articles, but they're very closely tied together.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Removed Weapon Limitations Guide references due to the rejection of that submission. Weapons themselves are unchanged.

Turns out that what was rejected was an AMENDMENT to those rules that did not impact this submission. Changes rolled back. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
I apologize for taking so long to get to this submission, @Toshiro.

Given the size and scope of this submission, I'm going to be reviewing one or two sub-articles per day and posting their reviews in this thread. This means that an already-approved sub-article will have to be changed if I find something that makes the already-approved one too overpowered/broken/etc. while reviewing another sub-article - though knowing Toshiro I highly doubt this unfortunate scenario will occur. ovob

Anyhoo, without any further ado, here's the first one.

The following review is for the Plasma Projection System.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this sub-article still needs:
  1. In the About the Plasma Projection System section, would you mind adding the following code from the Subsystem Template, please?
    Code:
    ==== Nomenclature Information ====
    The following section contains general information about the [Subsystem Name].

* **Designer:** The person(s), group, and/or company, etc. responsible for designing the weapon.
      * **Manufacturer:** The person(s), group, and/or company, etc. responsible for manufacturing the weapon.
      * **Name:** The subsystem's full name.
      * **Role:** The subsystem's role. (Communications, Life Support, Power Generation, Propulsion, etc.)
  2. I know it's listed in the Weapons Systems section of the Hauler-class Logistics Ship article, but would you mind adding the DRv3 information listed there to the Plasma Cannon and Plasma Gun sections, please? I'd also like for the following information to be added:
    • Effective Range (300,000 kilometers?)
    • Muzzle Velocity
    • Rate of Fire
    • Ammunition Capacity (unlimited...?)
  3. @Wes, the Faction Manager of the Yamatai Star Empire (or @Nashoba, the Assistant Faction Manager) needs to post his approval of the sub-article in this thread.
    • Speaking of that - do you want for me to tag you two in every review, or just for the final review?
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Edit:
Updated to reflect this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am not opposed to making changes/correcting format, I would like to state that the Plasma Projection System was written as a general article rather than a subsystem with explicit nomenclature/DR so that it could also be used with other future submissions if needed. In those submissions, the Plasma Projection System's strength/DR would scale with the specific vessel -- meaning its Tier was left open-ended in the PPS Article and listed explicitly in every individual implementation.

The Plasma Cannon function on the main Hauler and the Engine Module, for example, are already differing Tiers.

Can you think of a way to reconcile your desired changes with this intention?

In regards to the plasma weapon @Toshiro

It is a weapon, so it needs a DR value. You don't have to say it will be the same value on the next article that employs this weapon, though. If this weapon item is to be used in RP, GMs will need to have that DRv3 number as well as the others named in Frost's review, so please include it. But, again, this type of weapon does not need to be the same value every time it is used in your articles.

It is also still in the starship template to post weapons as separate articles, but I noticed @FrostJaeger hasn't asked for that here, so I'd like him to explain if there was a reason for not doing so before you respond to making a whole new article.
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 6.28.51 PM.png

I didn’t bring that up, @Ametheliana, because this article is separate from this one - thereby fulfilling the requirements of the Starship Template. @Toshiro and I also agreed that a DRv3 tier rating was not needed in the Plasma Projection System article itself provided that...
  • The Plasma Projection System article specifically mentions that the output of its weapon systems is dependent upon its host platform.
  • The Hauler -class Logistics Ship has a listed DRv3 rating for the Plasma Cannons and Plasma Guns.
Anyhoo, as stated before Toshiro and I came to an agreement regarding the weapon-related information over Discord; as for the nomenclature, however, after consulting with another submission reviewer over Discord we came to the consensus that nomenclature information is not required for the Plasma Projection System due to it being a general technology article - thus I’ve removed the mention of nomenclature from the code listed in my review.

Last edited:
The PPS is intended to scale with whatever ship employs it, which means giving it a fixed DR is difficult in that article. However, the DRv3 value for every implementation can and does exist in every craft on which it is employed under the Weapons section. The things like range, firing rate, etc do need to be added to the PPS article, however.

I'm not opposed to making changes, and some of the changes previously recommended stated definitely need to be made -- we're just working out the best way to handle it.

Edit: I've made some additions. Please take a look and advise.

Last edited:
The Hauler -class Logistics Ship has a listed DRv3 rating for the Plasma Cannons and Plasma Guns.
This is what I would like to see most of all. Going forward for this weapon on future articles, try to use the same format for its DR tier as you use on this submission. I hope that makes sense. Thanks, that should be all from me here.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ N/A ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

1. I'm really sorry I forgot to include this in the things I requested in my previous review, but would you mind adding a "Maximum Range" bullet point to the Discharge Information Section, please? (I'm guessing it would be 900,000 kilometers?)
  2. Would you mind adding a brief sentence or two to the sections with the FIXME in them, please?
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Note:To avoid notification-spamming Wes and Nashoba, I'm only going to request their FM approval when I do the final review of the submission.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out, @Kai - I'd forgotten about it when I was writing my review. >v<

The following review is for the SSCC-XL Prefab Modules article and the SSCC-XL Endcap Module article.

[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

1. Like Kai pointed out here, are the price values listed in the SSCC-XL Prefab Modules article and the SSCC-XL Endcap Module article supposed to be the way they are?
  2. In the About the SSCC-XL Prefab Modules section, how does a "volumetric panel" serve as a "supplementary engine"?
  3. Would you mind adding the following sections to the SSCC-XL Prefab Modules, please?
    Code:
    ==== Propulsion and Range ====
    <A brief "filler" sentence (something that describes this section/the SSCC-XL Endcap Module's propulsion characteristics/et cetera).>

* **Sublight Engines:** 
      * **Range:** 
      * **Lifespan:** 
      * **Refit Cycle:**
    Code:
    ==== Damage Capacity ====
    //See [[guide:damage_rating_v3] for an explanation of the damage system.//

**DRv3 Tier:** (target type, i.e.: Medium Starship)
  4. Although I don't have any clear-cut wiki code for it, would you also add a "Weapons Systems" section (similar to this section of the Hauler-class Logistics Ship article) to the SSCC-XL Prefab Modules article, please?
  5. In the SSCC-XL Endcap Module article, would you mind adding a brief sentence or two to the sections with the FIXME in them, please?

Last edited:
Item 1: I do need to correct these. I'll reply here when I do so.
Item 2: Corrected
Items 3 and 4: The Prefab Module article is just for common systems and details and is not meant to cover the individual nuances of each module. Things like stats, unique systems, and weapons are all handled in the individual modules' articles due to differences. I tried to include the "universal" stuff in the Prefab Module article (to avoid a bunch of repeating in each article) and not much else. Thoughts?
Item 5: Done

Last edited:
@Toshiro - Though I’m in the car at the moment, wouldn’t the Damage Capacity, Weapon Systems, and Propulsion & Range sections (with the exception of the Engine Module for the last one, obviously) be identical for all of the modules?

Lack of PPS or other special systems added. The article already said it was a container/'blank slate' for modification save for any doors or power/data hookups, and nothing more, but added to be safe.

But yeah, the Prefab Modules article is another "General Technology" article that references individual Modules' articles that have more specific information.

If the DA is really half the value of the KS...then Nepleslia's military pays crap compared to Yamatai's. I might have to remove the stuff about Nepleslian soldiers being able to afford it.

[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Last edited:
Sorry for the complexity. These submissions are tied together heavily, so it's hard to review them piecemeal like this without referring to the other ones for added context. DA Pricing corrected.

The following review is for the SSCC-XL Prefab Modules article and the SSCC-XL Endcap Module article.

[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back