• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Heart to Heart

Z

Zack

On> Queen's slave, after having returned to planet 188604

There would be a sharp beep on Raphael's datapad, indicating the woman in charge wanted to speak with him.

RAPH, where are you?
-Uso

Raphael turned his head to see the message. He was sitting in the corner of his room, though that is not what it looked like. It was a disaster zone. His bed was on it's side, the dressers were broken and shattered, and there was a massive hole in the wall. Raph's hands were bloody and raw. He grabbed his datapad and shot a message back to her.

room
-Raphael

"Wow.... What the fuck did you do to your room?" Uso asked, not even bothering to knock on the door frame as she arrived, bracing her shoulder against the wall while she crossed her hands in front of her chest. The neko wearing a black hoodie and sweats that were already slightly dirty around the legs with sand from the planet.

He didn't speak or even look up. His were glazed over as if he really wasn't there. All he did to show that he had even heard Uso was to raise one of his bleeding hands up. He then dropped it to the ground with a thud, like his muscles all gave out at once.

"ugh...." Uso recognized this behavior, "You're sad, Wanna talk?"

Before he could respond, Uso would do her best Raphael impression, "No I'm sad."

"Well too bad," She'd grab the back of his shirt and give it a yank, dragging him back towards the door...

He complied as he was hauled to his feet. But still didn't speak. Just allowed Uso to move him where ever she wanted to go.

Raphael would end up in the hallway, his back propped up against the wall, Uso straddling his lap and looking him in the eyes, "So what is it? The other kids took your doll? Bad day at work? Your time of the month?"

His glazed eyes faded away as he finally moved his eyes to stair at Uso. "No." He stated flatly. "I just told a little girl that her parents are dead and that they aren't coming back. That is my issue." He said in a flat, deadpan voice.

"...... How is that a problem?" Uso asked.

"You didn't see her face... How I could see the light leave her eyes. That all hope of a normal life was gone." He said softly. "And to know that I was responsible."

"Julie right? You know you killed like 60 other people right? All of which had families." Uso said, "Don't be such a baby."

"That might be true, but this is the first time I see what my devastation has wrought. Before it was a target, and nothing more. But, now..." Raph said trailing off.

"But now what? Nothing has changed. you're a mercenary, you kill people for a living. THESE people you're sad about you didn't even kill!" She huffed a bit, "But you don't give a shit about that? I suppose you also don't care that they were political leaders on what looked like the wrong side of a battle? You think those people would have spared Julie once they finished with her parents? The kid's a fucking princess, she's had a better life than most of the kids here we put out on the street with no parents."

Raph was silent. After a long pause he spoke again. "Yeah I get that. It's just..." He couldn't get the right words out. He just sighed and through his head back. "It's different when you get close to the targets family. I knew I shouldn't have. Every fiber of my IPG training said 'Don't do it you idiot.' But, I didn't want to leave her alone after she already lost so much. I got to attached." He said finally. He looked Uso dead in the eye. "Is that a good enough reason for you?" He asked.

"No," Uso said flatly, "I told you that you don't owe anything to that girl, and now both you AND your bed are broken up about it. Shit, you can't save everyone... you think we'd get anything done if we were out there trying to baby every last kid on this planet?"

Uso adjusted her position, putting her hands on his shoulders and getting right into his face,

"Focus on what you want. No one out there is going to help you be happy. You gotta do that on your own."

Raph gave a half hearted smile. "And what if one of those things is you?" He said only half joking.

"Then focus on making me happy." She would lean in, giving him a warm kiss on the lips.

He softly laughed as he returned her kiss. He broke away for a second to look her in the eyes. "I will remember that next time." He said kissing the crook of her neck.

"Look, I don't need Julie in my life... but you two are pretty adorable. If you're going to play father-figure then you gotta be there for the hard stuff and the easy stuff. You don't owe her anything, and you can bail on your responsibilities now... but if you want to do this you got to be all in." Uso said, placing her hands around the back of Raphael's neck.

Raphael leaned his head against hers. "You're right. I have to be there for her. It's just weird being the father type already. I am only 21 after all." He said with a smile.

"Age is nothing but a number... a very specific number with lots of implications.... " Uso paused a moment, "You know I can't help you raise her right?"

"I know. This is my burden to bare. I will handle it." He said kissing her again.

Uso may have looked sad for just a moment, before her usual demeanor returned, "How about we go back to your place and have a little fun?" she offered.

He looked at her and kissed her. "You don't have to be there the whole time. Just... give her a chance." He said kissing her again.

"How about we go back to your room so I can yell at you FOR BREAKING YOUR BED!" she said, pulling away and giving him a soft slap on the cheek. Uso would then spring up, reaching down to offer Raphael a hand, "Not to mention, you have to brief me on how far we've gotten with the locals while we're away."

He was shocked for a second. Then he laughed taking her hand. "Fine, but fun stuff first." He said with a mischievous smile.

"No, I'm serious... You broke your bed because of a hissy fit. I have to pay for those things and I'm not happy." Uso said, grabbing his hand and yanking hard, practically throwing him back into his room and then moving to stand in the door way, "Get this shit back in order."

He landed on his ass, and just rolled his eyes. "Sorry. I will fix it." He said falling on to his back with a huff.

"Now...." Uso said sternly.

Raphael cringed, awaiting a hit to some part of his body.

Uso just stood there, arms folded in front of her chest, blocking the door way.

Raph stood slowly, and put the bed back. It wasn't broken, besides some scuffs. Only the dresser and wall were damaged. He sat down on the bed. "There, bed is fixed. I am sorry."

"Good, let it be known I'm not going to tolerate those kinds of outbursts.... now come on, lets talk business." She said, moving to sit down next to him on the bed, "How are things going planet-side?"

"My first set of officers are trained and we have begun training the grunts. We haven't had any issues with retaliations as of yet, but that is not to say that someone isn't out there. After I get the first batch out into the field I will set them to the task of counter terrorism." He said become more business like.

"We scared them..." Uso replied, "Quite frankly, I expected them to do something by now. Have we seen any retaliations yet? Flag burnings, shootings, whathaveyou? It really has just been quiet?"

"It has. It has been way to quiet. I need to get my spys out there as soon as possible." He said running a hand through his hair.

Uso would push Raphael onto his back, then lay down on her back, her head on his chest, "I guess that is good for us... Might as well take what we can get.... we NEED to get some infrastructure setup. I feel like we're spinning our wheels and can't quite get traction."

Raph smiled wrapping his hands around Uso. "No kidding. We need to get something resembling normaility soon, or we might have a full on riot on our hands." He said

"Just wait till we introduce these people to warm showers." Uso chuckled.

"And indoor plumbing." He added with a smile.

"If I were them I'd be welcoming death," She laughed, "A nice interNEP cafe.... maybe clean up their beach... this place could be kinda nice."

"That actually sounds nice." Raph replied kissing her neck.

"Some nice beach houses... Maybe hire someone to cut the moon to look like my face," She added.

"What about me? What do I get? You get your face on the moon and shit." He said whispering in her ear.

She'd roll her head sideways to look at him, "So what do YOU want? A nice place for you and julie to retire to? Or maybe you'd like us to carve the mountain here into your likeness?"

"The first sounds nice, though..." He said kissing Uso. "I might want the ruler of this dust ball." He said with a grin.

"Ooohhh... and just what would you do if you caught her?" She asked, coyly nuzzling her head down against him.

"I think I would make her mine..." He said with a wolfish grin.

"It is such a shame that she has to go speak with Cyrus soon..." Uso replied, rolling over and straddling Raphael once again, her legs on either side of his hips as she rested her chin on his chest.

Raphael smirked. "I'm not worried about him. He has a thing for Errowyn." He said dismissively.

Uso would move up a bit, trying a warmer kiss on Raphael's lips. "Go check on Julie. Be a good father figure... I'll be back soon."

Raphael sighed. "Alright. I will get my dad on." He said returning her kiss.

In the cargo hold, a few minutes later>

Cyrus grimaced as he removed his left arm. The servos were acting up and needed some long over do maintenance. In his other hand was a soldering gun and across his desk were several other odds and ends. "Where is a junker drone when you need one." He sighed as he began to repair the wiring of the forearm.

"CYRUS! We need to talk!" Uso shouted, making her way down into the ship's hold in her search for Ragnarock's leader.

"Busy at the moment!" He replied as he began stripping some new wires, and soldering them into place.

"Don't care!" Uso shouted back, honing in on the sound of his voice... the Neko pulling up a crate of MREs so she could sit down across from him.

"Get your fucking house in order" Uso said sternly, "I think we both know what I mean when I say that, and I'm hoping that will be the end of that."

"I know exactly what you mean." He said spitting the wax coating he had in his mouth into the garbage. "I have been keeping tabs on him. I will speak with him if he think to try something." He looked up at Uso. "I am also confiscating his grenades." He said returning to work on his arm. Cy dropped the soldering gun and grab a few more tools. "How did the supply run go?"

"We got more men, more supplies... not too great on the selling of our agri-products..." Uso said, tapping her fingers against her knees for a moment, "Got Errowyn Naked after she told me you didn't make a move... What the hell?"

The tool in Cyrus's hand hit the floor with a thud, so did his jaw. "What in the...?" He said nearly knocking his severed arm from the table.

"That's what I said! If I were in your position I would have gone for it." Uso leaned back a bit, "Unless you're not into girls, but I got the vibe you and Errowyn had a thing."

Cyrus, still dumbfounded, sputtered. "I... what? Yes I am into women, and yes I thought I had a thing with her too. I was just..." He stopped. He reached down and grabbed his tool and went back to repairing his arm wanting to avoid what he was about to say.

"Juuuuuuuuust....." Uso pried.

He sighed, knowing he had said to much. "I am a virgin okay! I was busy with military. I didn't have the time. Once I was discharged is once it hit me that I had never done anything. She was my first kiss for shit sake!" He said fumbling for another tool.

"You know there's a way to change that right?"

"No shit? Really captain obvious, I couldn't have figured out that hint. There was a naked neko in my arms and everything." He shot back. "I was trying to take it slow." He cursed as he flung another tool from the table .

"That's Empress-Obvious to you soldier," Uso chuckled, "... and besides, she's an Ace Fighter Pilot," She would lift her hand up and zoom it around infront of her, making soft 'pew pew pew' noises, "Totally shot me down!"

Cy rolled his eyes, as he continued to fix his mess. "I built her a cabin on the island, bought her a diamond necklace..." He muttered as he twisted the last of the wires in place. He picked it up and reattached it to his body. He cursed as the nerve endings attached to their fiberoptic duplicates. "The never gets any easier."

"Ugh," Uso looked quite put off for a moment, "I mean... that's nice and all but you can't have a relationship from just giving her nice things. There isn't some magical threshold of nice things you have to give her for a relationship. She likes you for you. That's rare, and that goes away if you don't act on it."

"No, that is not what I... Ugh!" He said throwing a wrench against the bulkhead. He placed his hands on his head. "I didn't do those things because I expected sex. That was the furthest thing from my mind. I do those things because I love her. I just wasn't ready to act on... you know. I was just put off by the fact that... AHHH FUCK!" He said he became more and more frustrated. "I thought I fixed that damn nerve cord!" He said detaching his arm again and just letting it land with a thud.

"Need my medic to have a look?" Uso asked, pointing at his mechanical bits.

He sighed smacking his head against the wall. "No... just leave it there. I'll fix it later." He said dismissively. "I really need to learn to just keep my fucking mouth closed."

"You're a lot like Raph, you're a good guy, but you're a bit green." Uso would give him a smile this time, leaning back in her spot on the MREs. "and... I've got a vested interest in things turning out well for you. Why don't we get you fixed up and then you can go spend some time with our resident sexy-fighter-pilot?"

He looked over at her. " I haven't ruined my chances already have I?" He asked picking his arm from the floor setting it back on his work station.

"No, but the fastest way to do that is getting angry and throwing stuff.... We're not rivals if that's what you're worried about. I don't do long term relationships.... don't get me wrong, I loved dragging Errowyn around as my arm-candy earlier but ...."

"Lets not..." He interrupted. "get into that..." He said cutting her off. "Point taken. Help me oh wise one." He said sarcastically

Uso leaned forward this time, "Fix your arm... then go get the girl!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back