• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Galactic Horizon [HEF] First Expediton - Fresh Coat of Paint

Signal

"I'm good I'm good, couldn't see any more coming but keep your heads on a swivel - how's the situation over there?" the redheaded Minkan asked as he quickly slung the sandy rifle over one shoulder and moved to the redbacks, cracking open his purple handcannon as spent plasma cartridges were ejected only to be replaced with a new handful before it was slammed shut and the hammer was cocked back.

Then a projected soundwave slammed into the pile of crumpled shield and corpses, causing Terrins to whip back around towards the URSA and ready his revolver before realizing it was the kid that tried to slog him in the jaw before they left, "And someone get me back there so I can personally ask what she's still shooting at..."

Signal

The two Horizon guards had dropped into crouches and brought their own weapons to bear when the delayed shot impacted, when they realised like Terrins that it'd come from one of the hired hands they let out a held breath. At least it wasn't a surprise attack although it was lucky the blast hadn't passed through them as well or their ears would be ringing a fair bit by now. "Well sir, no injuries since their rocket fire missed the URSA completely, the kid who was up in the cockpit took out those snipers behind the hill with the flak cannon too." The first man said while reaching into his partners pack and retrieving the extra ammo for Terrins, replacing what was lost with his Redback's destruction.

URSA

"Roger than, watch the master at work kid." The Dusk AI replied to Phreaker as he handed back the other gun, both turrets now scanning one side of the vehicle each to minimise their chances at being surprise attacked once more, meanwhile Dawn was working through the few satellites orbiting the planet to see if any were aimed near their position. In a stroke of luck there happened to be a rather old unit near where they wanted to scout and Dawn alerted Phreaker to this fact with a digital poke, currently all the unit could see was sand but now that the AI had a hold of it they could rotate it slightly to search more effectively.

While the security members on board held a small celebration in the rec room the lumbering mammoth vehicle finally arrived at the signal site and ground to a halt, spraying sand out from each of its wheels in a slight skid. The rear cargo ramp was lowered all the way down this time for the three men to enter, as well as stowing away their Redbacks once more. Anna and Bella both still in their own units scuttled over and slid back their canopies, sitting up and grinning at Terrins. "Well sir, looks like you got into a bit of trouble."
"Guess we can't leave you alone for even a few minutes can we sir."
The pair laughed at their somewhat childish jokes, although they were both glad he'd managed to hold out by himself, it would make a bad start to their journey if someone was badly hurt or killed.

URSA - Cockpit

With everyone back on board the URSA had closed itself up and returned to high alert as the AI and Phreaker worked to find the nearby raider base, flicking on the intercom system Brin cleared his throat for another address to the personnel.

"As I'm sure you are all aware, we secured victory in our recent skirmish and Captain Dasou was able to escape unscathed, however we cannot allow this attack to go unnoticed. Despite not ever directing hostilities towards the more native people of the planet we were still targeted in their trap, and before leaving on this mission I was informed that we had field authority to make any necessary decisions to benefit the company or ensure all of your safety. I believe that while revenge is not always the answer, a degree of retaliation towards this rogue group is in order."

The Security Chief delivered the first portion of his speech with a cold, hard tone, while easily suggesting they use their vastly stronger weapons and equipment to overpower and eliminate the threat which had attacked them.

"Dawn has informed me that she and Phreaker have picked up a trail and are moments from finding this raider hide out, when it is located we will initiate a search and destroy mission of their combat assets. The URSA will be changing course accordingly to get us close before the strike team uses the remaining Redback units to reach the edge of the base, we can't risk sending in the URSA in the unlikely event they have something strong enough to damage or destroy it. For anyone who wishes to remain behind, you will be tasked with exploring the surroundings and staying on high alert, those who wish to be part of the strike team please assemble in the cargo hold in 10 minutes for briefing."

The moment Terrins entered the cargo bay he tossed the mostly-ruined FourSight helmet aside and grabbed a charger off the wall to plug into the back of his suit, there was some cosmetic damage but that was overlooked in the moment as the red-headed Minkan split his attention between listening to the information being given and restocking his gear - moving to unbox a new helmet with a colour scheme that mismatched his current armour and sync it up to be used soon before it was stowed on one hip.

Now fully geared up and with the charging tether still coupled to his back Terrins moved to speak to the Kid that had almost liquified him after all the enemies had been neutralized, though this time he didn't really feel like having to stop her from punching him so stood a meter or two back from Titan and her parents before speaking, hoping there was enough sand stuck to his suit to cover up the blood and viscera from the man's plasma-fueled onslaught.

"Your daughter is one hell of a shot, though she could use some trigger discipline and maybe cut back on trying to look stylish," the knife-eared Minkan started the conversation, giving the 'spacers and their daughter a respectful nod as his icy blue eyes watched out for Titan attempting anything else.

Wilson had been scrambling around the engineering department, throwing switches and opening valves, trying desperately to relieve pressure build up in the URSA's core. Ivan had been running him ragged. As he threw open another value, he saw another gauge reaching a dangerous level. leaping over he threw open another valve. While he had a few seconds, he grabbed the intercom and radioed the bridge,
"Bridge, any chance you can take it a bit easier on the engine? We're run ragged down here." as he finished the sentence, another gauge reached a dangerous level. "Damnit"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back