Star ArmyⓇ

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: Galactic Horizon [HEF] Second Expedition - A Greener Future

Charaa

Skyhawk Leader INT

Finally, the dragging was ending, iriss thought it would never end and she couldn’t help but wonder how excitable and energetic the other members were? She figured that Argus, being a Venis Separa’shan would likely not be as energetic the Calanthe she wasn’t sure of so she knew she couldn’t make an opinion yet.

She looked to the two as they asked their question together. “I have sseen a few who were green like me, and there wass one who’ss green coloring wass so dark I could have ssworn that they were a black sscaled Ssepara’shan. It iss possible that it has been mostly the red-scaled Ssepara’shan that chose to come here. “ She told the two she figured that she knew the next question which was why did she make an emphasis on the S letters and she knew the answer to that, it was because of the cloning technique, and the stereotype education the pirates had given her.

She turned her head when the mechanical voice spoke up, alerting them to the fact they were lifting off. That meant that now was the beginning of her new life. She had thought of asking them about Argus but she debated whether she should or not.

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
Ms Lexi, sure, Lexi had no qualms with that if that is what Trash Panda saw zher as today - admittedly their choice of underwear was a bit more feminine today, it was weird how some things worked out like that. "Oh uhm my bad, sorry - Dad is a Nepper actually, I just don't think I've ever met one quite like yourself, Trash Panda," the ginger half-elf smirked, shaking the accepted paw with two fingers and a thumb before making zher way over to their aerial transport, clambering in and making sure to strap into a seat before it took off.

"I'm a botanist by trade actually, fresh out of the Osman uni and eager to do my bit - this place had decent enough pay and I managed to get in fairly easily so that was that," the half-elf explained, hugging zher large backpack close to zher flat chest as the ship began to fly over the snowy landscape, Lexi's vividly green eyes going to the two Separas across the way with a small readjustment of those round-lensed glasses before offering a smile.

"I met big grumpy Mr Zepheris when I sliced my finger open not too long ago but I don't recall meeting you two?" Lexi spoke warmly, a certain pep and chirp behind the genderqueer half-elf's friendly facade as they observed Iriss and Calanthe - never really having met the snake-like race before moving here a question of if they were all one big family was sitting on the edge of the ginger halfbreed's tongue but zhe decided to hold onto that for now for fear of potentially sounding racist somehow if zhe was wrong, choosing to instead tie zher bright orange hair back into a quick ponytail.

Last edited:

Charmaylarg Dufrain

Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Skyhawk

"Ah yes, Botany!"
The fat uplifted mused as he too struggled into a seat and harness made for the general shape of a person and not the short round shape of he. "Quite important, yes-yes! All kinds of information regarding my own work is made easier through proper botanists. Mapping out flora patterns can help diversify a map and discover hidden water sources and water tables that can shape the depth and growth for miles through even the simplest of soil samples!" He continued to drone on more to himself than any of the other occupants of the craft as he popped a small bouillon cube into his mouth and worked it into his cheek to enjoy the long lasting salty chicken flavored treat.

And then he noticed the snake people further down and stopped himself to squint at them momentarily. Judging they where likely no harm to them he nodded and gave his usual introductions but with a little more apprehension. He had after all had a nasty run in with a Python one time who while good natured hadn't quite known the kind of restraint to use against someone as small has he and had nearly crushed Racc as easily as a bag of crisps before one of the partisans had given the Python a good bop on the head and fished him out of its coils to live another day.

"Trash Panda is my name. But many of my associates and close friends call me Racc." He repeated again for posterity.

Fioreo

Calanthe took place next to Argus, leaning towards him. Her ears twitched, trying to hear his voice over all the noise. She tried her best, but all she heard was the part about the odds of being first. ‘Sure thing, Ar..’ her gaze went to the other green-tailed Separa’Shan close to her. ‘..gus?’ She put her hand on her forehead, checking her temperature, and quickly pinched herself, just to make sure that this wasn’t some kind of feverdream. She tried ignoring the girl, maybe she would disappear so Calanthe wouldn’t make a fool of herself.

‘Hmm- Oh!’ Calanthe almost fell off her seat while the ship took off, nearly bumping into Iriss. ‘Sorry miss!’ She said, brushing her lap. As she wanted to ask about the strangely familiar girl, she noticed the ginger half-elf in front of her. She got back up and slightly arched her back, reaching out her hand towards the strangely feminine yet masculine person in front of her. ‘Excuse me ma’am, my name’s Calanthe Brongus, mind me asking for yours?’ Calanthe giggled, scratching the back of her head. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the giant raccoon in front of her, but she decided to stay polite and smiled, baring her teeth. ‘Good to meet you too, mister!’ She quickly took his paw, and shook it firmly.

Last edited:

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
"Hey why do you talk with that weird accent on the S'?" Anna chirped at the clone/daughter of argus, listing intently to the way she seemed to speak like a cartoon villain. The twin sisters eagerly waited to hear more about this strange creature, while her exact relation to argus wasn't yet known to them they were just simply fascinated by her.

Meanwhile, Argus simply watched as Calanthe finally met some of the others on the Horizon crew, she was a little like a kid who'd never been outside before and was seeing everything for the first time. But after his companion acknowledged a few people he himself caught a glimpse of Iriss and froze for a moment, his already cold blood seeming to freeze in his veins. It could be a coincidence that she had identical colour and scale markings to him but his patchy past still held merit. "Excuse me but what was your name." Argus spoke somewhat coldly to Iriss, staring down the younger girl.

Below the trio of ships soaring through the air, the sprawling land of the planet sped past, eventually the tundras turned to forests and then to jungles and even a few patches of desert here and there. "And if you look down at your provided infopads you'll see the projected layout for the basecamp which we will be landing at in approximately 2 minutes, all passengers prepare to disembark." Unlike the synthetic voice of Dusk the very male and somewhat charming voice of their pilot rang through the passenger sitting space.

Charaa

Iriss blinked at Ana as she asked her question “weird accent? Oh! er.. it, u,h was a part of my development, my instructors weren’t of the ssame race as I am, sso there might be some mistakes, unfortunately, I can’t correct it.” she said to Anna, she hoped that her past wouldn’t be brought up.

Fortunately, thanks to Calanthe’s encounter brought up a distraction. “Oh, no, not at all, are you alright?’ she asked the woman, who turned her attention to the ones in front f her, which Iriss took to mean that she was indeed alright. Then the young clone had encountered Argus, who spoke to her. He seemed cold, but then she was used to that from her own past. “My chosen name is Iriss,” she told him. before she realized his scales were green like hers were, and of course, he had some of the same markings too.

The sisters told her, that the other green scaled Separa’shan was Argus, and she hadn’t yet seen any other green scaled so that meant he was Argus. “Due to the fact that you have the ssame color as me, you are Arguss right? If you are, then I think I am supposed to be seeing you when we land for medical matterss” she told him.

She did get a check-up before they left, of course, but she’d refused her blood being taken, concerned that some machine could detect familiar matches and things like that. She wanted to be the one to tell him, not some machine, and she hoped that they were alone when she did.

She turned her head when a new voice spoke up, and she looked at the infopad she was provided. The land seemed decent to her, plenty of space to build she was certain, but she figured they would see it when they get there of course. She noted the location of the nearby tree’s they will need those for wood if they needed to use them. She went predator mode to see what was the defenses would be like.

Charmaylarg Dufrain

Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Skyhawk

Quite polite, Quite.
Racc mused as he took the proffered hand and shook it, Careful not to dig even the blunted clip of his nails that many a new acquaintance had remarked was quite strange a sensation.

He had nodded slightly to begin his usual tirade and extrovert questioning when the male green one had spoken. Racc was no prey animal and was a natural predetor himself some might say and could more than handle himself in a substantial scrap! But the tone the green separa exuded naturally grated on him as less than hospitable even if it where not necessarily directed at him but at the other green snake near him.

Chivalry was certainly not dead or even lost on the fat uplifted as he straightened himself to give the man quite the verbal lashing about manners and proper introductions when Iriss answered for herself and the machine tinned voice of the speaker drew his attention away just long enough for the topic to slip his mind.

How exciting!