• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Heh, totally new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue62

Inactive Member
It's been...oh crud, way too long since I started RPing. Started originally on the forums for the webcomic 2kinds, then the early days of the 'bar' playing Pardus- where I did more chatting then actually playing the game. This is something new and much more of a challenge than I thought, getting into it, still far more like a mathematical DnD setup than I've ever used....but new things are good, right?

Aurora is an adaptation from a hulking, snarky lizard woman who mixes things up with her limbs as often as her personal armoury......so we'll see where this goes, the personality is the same at least. the rest, not so much.

Welcome! I'm Wes, the site founder guy. Good to have you here.

still far more like a mathematical DnD setup than I've ever used.
How so? Star Army is pretty devoid of stats.

'Ey Blue. I'm Doshii Jun, a global mod on the site. Welcome to Star Army.

Fear not the numbers that you see. During SARP's history, we went through a phase of trying to equate things to one another — ships, weapons, technology, speeds, you name it. We tried to come up with a metric that could blanket SARP with a layer of applicability, something we could grasp when we placed two objects next to each other.

Over time, the metric has evolved, but there's one portion that has been constant: it's optional.

Ultimately, the metric is up to the GM to apply. Some take it as a guideline for ICly purposes; others take it as cold fact. Some disregard it ICly, but still use it as a kind of rubric they can use to purpose other tech.

When it comes to you, new player, the stats aren't too important. What matters is getting down to business with the roleplay, getting a character going and jumping in.

Wes said:
Star Army is pretty devoid of stats.

Broadly, yeah. I've just become accustomed to developing characters litterally on the fly- even after running Aurora for a good couple of months before that thread wound down, it took me a couple hours to organised everything XD. Still have the original, sheet I wrote up if you were interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back