• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hello

Cirnech

Inactive Member
I am returning to Star Army, much shocked that the forum is still about, after a half decade hiatus. Well, I mostly just lurked to begin with, so I don't think anybody really missed me.

I apologize for how I left last time; health issues prevented me from coherently putting my affairs in order. Coupled with the loss of my computer at the time, all of my distant contacts got lost in the shuffle to some degree or another.

I am impressed with how lore has grown and kept organized! Dizzying as it is, I really do enjoy the community. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do with my one character sitting around the cannon. Maybe I'll find something crafty to add from my travels.

So Welcome Back to the SARP.

Sounds like you went on Hiatus about the time I came to Star Army.

Always good to see folks return.

Sad to say that so many other RP sites have died (though some new ones have taken their place) but I'm pleased to say that we've been pretty stable. This hasn't been an accident! We've all been constantly working to keep the RP awesome, fresh, and welcoming to new people.

I recently got to meet with Moot from 4chan for the first time since 2006 and one of the things he said when he was doing his panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta is that the reason 4chan survives and its imitators tend not to is because while anyone can build a website, a website is not the same as a community. Star Army is a great community.

Star Army's longevity is due to the great people. Some of us them have been here for years and some of them just months, but it's not about your tenure, it's about what you bring to the community. It's knowing that the more you put in, the more your get out. And I'd be happy to count you among us again.

For old characters, you can basically make up a backstory for what they've done in the years since you left and then re-submit them to the character approval board. It shouldn't take long to get the thumbs up. Also, with the new Open RP Forum you can play without actually submitting a character so if you'd like to take your character (or a new one) on a test drive there, that's an option.

Welcome back!

Have you been able to start roleplaying again? Any character/plot ideas?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back