• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Hey there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taskmienster

Inactive Member
So, I've been browsing the site for a few hours... reading everything I could find. I'm really wanting to make a new character and join the site, but a little lost on a lot of small things. I've been writing on a different site for over 10 years, and am looking for something new and sci-fi related.

I've decided it might be fun to start as a Nepleslian, natural born, male. I want to have a criminal background, maybe make a him like a space pirate who might be caught and eventually forced to join the star army. I'm wondering a few things:

1) How viable is this as a character to work on the site?

2) When you're done with a thread, do you submit it to get spoils approved or anything?

3) Anything else I should know?

Welcome to Star Army! I'm always thrilled to see new members and I hope you'll love this place as much as I do. I'm happy to answer your questions and any other ones you can think of.

1) Seems okay to me! There's a ton of Nepleslians with shady pasts in the Space Marines (or do you mean the Star Army of Yamatai?).

2) If you're doing a thread-based RP there's usually no submitting to do, unless you specifically want to add something to the lore/canon (eg: the wiki).

3) Most of the plots have their own forum and a GM, but I'm trying to start out some thread-based RP where players control the narrative instead of a GM. You're welcome to RP in either way.

I also am pretty new to SARP, and currently play a naturally born Nepleslian as well with a background that, while is probably not as shady as you might have in mind, is certainly tinged with shades of gray. I had a lot of similar reservations when I first started, and Wes is VERY accommodating, helpful, and approachable. He never takes long to respond to your questions and never gives unsatisfactory answers. I also think he's interested in seeing his pet universe diversify some more, so if anything I'd imagine he'd encourage you to create an independent-type character. He did for me, at least a bit. So don't be shy about asking him for help. There are a lot of other players and GMs here that are more than willing to give you a hand as well, so all you have to do is ask!

Sienna (my character) is currently piggybacking on a Yamataian starship (the YSS Eucharis) after being plucked from indentured servitude, but she isn't a soldier. She's along for the ride as long as she feels it will serve her interest, but she isn't loyal to the crew in any way as of right now (shhh, don't tell anyone :p). So don't feel like you HAVE to make a soldier, unless that's exactly what you want to do. The powers that be will find a way to get you into the universe.

And who knows, maybe you'll run across Sienna as well. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back