• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Higa Corp OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarQuid

Inactive Member
Author: Vaakine

Yeah. Welcome to the official unofficial home of /m/echheads in SARP.

Author: Revolver

Well, things are certainly looking up for us now. All we need now is a plot and we can get going.

Author: Zeorymer

It would have been GREAT if someone had told me we were starting today!!!
NOW I have to come up with a reason why a character who was desperately looking forward to the test run A) wasn't there and B) isn't getting fired because of it!

I JUST now came up with a decent reason for missing it. He was getting his soul transfer done. Now I just need a mini JP to get me introduced to the company or something.

Well, Daisuke(Vaakine) is the commander and Kato(Zerosaiko) is the second in command, so if you want to do a mini JP about being introduced, those are the two guys to talk to.

On another issue, we have a theme song yet?

Author: Sandact6

My sister's BF invited us to a party tonight at the last damn minute. I won't be back until 11PM Flordia time

Author: Doshii Jun

Invincible GaoGernGer, as well as Final Breaker suits -- are these direct anime references? If so, they need to be removed.

Also: the first episode was more anime than anything ever produced by Yamatai. Congrats.

Author: Miss Strangelove

Revolver is Co-GM. And we can use Vertical Tanks as a name, It's not copyrighted or patented, so you wes won't get sued.
And what the hell is Divolis?
Edit: Oh WTF!? Cmon Kim, Fucking talk these things over with us first!

*Facepalm*

Fuck It. Kim Wants to fucking move in on our plot? Fuck That, If she wants to fuck up the storyline, It's obvious she doesnt want to talk it out.

Vaak, calm the hell down before you get banned again

Sandact6 wrote:
Vaak, calm the hell down before you get banned again

I am calm. I'm waiting for Kim to explain herself.

Author: Kim

ANNOUNCEMENT: JP scheduled for July 4th has been moved back a day to July 5th. Be ready to start around 9pm PST.

*Be ready to start means please be there before then. :>

I'll be unable to show up for Saturday's JP because I'll be at a friend of mine's birthday party. Also is YIM difficult to set up/register? I just realized I've never had it and that's where all the jps are done.

YIM is not difficult to set up/register, but so far all of Higa's JPs have been over IRC.

Author: Wes

If you guys are trying the separate universe thing, do you have any ideas for a name for it?

Oh for the love of god

Wes, Vaak was telling you about my RP plan I had for another RP in a completely different universe. As of right now I have no intention of making a separate universe and us moving there.

Hey, It's all over. Experiment has failed.

What experiment failed? As far as I am concerned it's still ongoing as I am still making stuff up about it

Sorry guys, I've been super sick. I'll try to go through my messages and get on IRC later tonight. -_-

Thanks again to SUBLIMEinal who edited our last JP.

Guess who'se back.

Back Again

Vaak's Back.

Try again!

Author: Cora

I'll take bets for this happening again. 10 to one odds.

Didn't you do a mini-JP with Revolver that booted your character from our storyline?

Sandact6 wrote:
Didn't you do a mini-JP with Revolver that booted your character from our storyline?

He'll Be back.
Srsly, he probably will.

Author: Tom

How would we get involved with the Nepleslian's if we do a Freespacer plot?

The Nepleslians like to think they're in control since they discovered the Free State first, but in reality we just let them think that so they'll feel important. XD

Author: Tom

Don't make me blow you up. *FINGER TWITCHING NEAR THE BIG RED BUTTON*

"GARBAGE DAY!"

1000 GET!

Author: Jo Midori

Author: Zeboim

nevermind that

Author: Kai

where'd you guys go? it's all crickets and spiderwebs here...

Summer mostly.

Plus Rev has been missing lately so

I see... Those of you with nicer schedules should try and make characters in other factions to keep active and having fun

Na, I'm a one character kind of guy.

That and Super Robot Wars OGs is keeping me busy.

Author: Openget

Damn, you are one lucky person. )=

Being a hard ass is kinda required when dealing with people from 4chan Jess.

Author: Fian

I think its a typo of WIP, I and O are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Oh yea it was a typo sorry.

If anyone wants to have a say on the MX-02, now is your chance.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1112&p=14054

Author: Aendri

You guys have room for another?

All right, that works for me. And if you will jump on YIM sometime, I will learn how to use IRC.

Hey HIGA dudes, it looks like FM won't be able to help out by GMing after all--just giving you a heads up.

I'm really pleased with how the MX-02 is coming along and can't wait to see it in action!

No problem, we've been through worse

Thanks for the MX-02 support

A friendly reminder to all people in HiGA

We hold all of our major JP's every Saturday night at 9:30 EST.

While you can do other things with GM permission or character interaction bits, we do a major JP every Saturday, so try and keep up!

Do we have someone in corp to handle tech submissions? Because I have a lot of ideas for things but I'm apparently not very good at writing them.

General Ideas

Author: Zerosaiko

I think that's basically what's intended, leaving the more frivolous discussion of, say, Super Robot Wars for the IRC channel which most of us are in on pretty regularly and for the clearly marked OOC discussion thread.

isn't this an OOC thread though? why not kill two birds with one stone and discuss the ideas in the ideas thread?

I'm certain that important matters will definitely be posted to SARP by either Revolver or Vaakine.

allrighty, general ideas now.. hmm.. would H.I.M. be interested in producing starfighters or are they mecha only?
anyway, heres my starfighter proposal:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=777&hilit=

The Aesti air models had something similar, though the only portion really able to do damage were the hands.

I've had an idea for fighters and carriers in tier 1.5. while we cannot mass produce them (yet) we can certainly make a few.

Don't they use this in Nadesco?

Yes they do.

I was thinking maybe we could add a heuristic (learning) processor to the system, which would allow it to automatically correct things like the 7 degree aiming discrepancy witnissed in a few of the test machines.

I suggest a modified SI (NOTE: MODIFIED)

Oh I have a few ways to get access to them in mind.

Sandact6 wrote:
Oh I have a few ways to get access to them in mind.

... Don't Even Try. Whenever someone says that, It usually leads to a BAD END!

Quote:
//Plasma Cannon//:
* Primary Purpose: Fucking Your Shit Up

Nice

32 METERS!?!?

ARE YOU INSANE!?

Sandact6 wrote:
32 METERS!?!?

ARE YOU INSANE!?

HEY!

HOW ABOUT THIS

DESIGN HIGA'S SHIT YOURSELF!

Author: Fred

How about this: enjoy a thread lock if you can't keep things friendly and feel the urge to type in capital letters to make your point.

This warning goes for you too Sandact; there were better ways to express your disagreement.

Reopening this topic. This thread remains a valuable resource that we need to utilize. If I need to, I'll make a new thread, but I'd rather not. So, let's keep it civil in here.

New technology goes in the new technology board.

Cora wrote:
New technology goes in the new technology board.

It already is on the new technology board. And has been for some time.

YAMS YAMS YAMS.

Lemme design non modular mecha, and it will be supeiror to it's modular counterpart in every way.

Revolver Says: Less flaming, okay?

Vaak, the idea isn't what is superior here, but what is fun. Plus, there is always the real wolrd benefit of modular weaponry that makes for easier production and expansion.

Higa Plot Ideas

I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
Quote:
In YE 29, a crack test unit was sent to prison by an evil space empire for a crime they didn't commit. These men and women promptly escaped a maximum security stockade to the most backwater parts of the galaxy. Today, still wanted by the evil space empire, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the Zilant Team.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds cool.

Author: Kim

Sounds pretty good. How are you planning on reworking the current IC stuff? Rewrite or reboot?

I'm also making the basic "mechs" most cheap pirates will be using. I got them drawn, and StrangeLove has volunteered to draw up sketches.

In fact I think I'll think up some weapons the units will use and submit tonight, pictures can come later

Higa Industrial FAQ

Post your availabilty!

I'm good to go whenever. I'll be gone for the first half of August, but nothing other than that should pop up.

EDIT: I do have a commitment this Saturday, but I'm otherwise clear til August.

Author: Nosmir

I'm available almost all the time aside from sleep

For -05 EST, I usually sleep at around 4 AM to 10/11 AM.

Thats.. pretty much all that can be said for me.

My schedule varies wildly depending on the week. There is honestly no way to say what days will be open more than a week in advance.

It was just a 24-hour ban. He'll be able to get on the forums again tomorrow evening, so don't panic.

People seem to want to get together earlier on Saturday, so let's try to make this happen. Also, we have some new players and I'd like to have your guy's thoughts on times as well.

okay, to make things clear I AM still available on saturdays, real life just gets in the way sometimes.

Time to raises this topic from the grave I figure

Alright, plain and simple just post what nights you are free to RP on, then we'll agree on a set time. Nothing to hard right?

I am open weekdays from about 7-11 MST, dependent on sports and dinner. Weekends, i can make about any time, but only with forewarning.

I'm available every day. Things tend to happen on fridays and saturdays though. Evening is best.

Wednesday: From 8PM until bed
Thrusday: Entire day
Friday: Until about 1 AM

Author: Exhack

Timezone: EST

Friday: 5pm Till 1am
Saturday: Till 1am
Sunday: Till 10pm
Rest of Week: 6pm Till 10:30pm

(Note: I'm not actually available 100% of the time in these timeframes. These are what times I could be free if told in advance of events, because I have a very flexible schedule. Times are EST.)

Sun - Thus: 5 pm - 2 am
Friday - Sat: 1 pm - 2 am

Failure to Start. Archived for posterity's sake.

Author Vaakine

Author Vaakine

Author Vaakine

I'm still active. One of the reasons we can't RP is because almost no one shows up.

Now I'm not blaming that on anyone. I just figure we need a new time. I thought Saturday was a good time but I guess I was wrong.

Well, Most of your troubles are over Sand!

And New ones have arisen from their ashes.

I'm Back Sandact!

Sandact hasn't logged in nearly two months, Vaakine. You probably should talk to Exhack.

Well, Osaka wanted you back, so now you and him can do this with Exhack and let Doc focus on his own thing.

Doshii Jun said:
Well, Osaka wanted you back, so now you and him can do this with Exhack and let Doc focus on his own thing.

Actually, I was thinking about joining an Elysian Plotline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…