• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hiya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriven

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
Hello World,

I am new to this type of rp'ing but am looking forward to giving it a go. I like a large, well established environment where I can immerse myself in the background and lore. I do more reading than anything else and mainly read Star Wars and Warhammer 40k as of right now. I am excited to jump in and getting to know some of you!

Reactions: Wes
Hiya Scriven,

Welcome to SAoY. I am actually new myself. this is a really awesome site here and if you love to read well....lets just say you wont run out of material for awhile. If you need help with anything feel free to ask me or ask the community. Everyone here is really friendly and informative. Hope you like it here.

Thanks for the welcome Kyoshiro!! I am feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment with the plethora of information. Currently trying to research the different species that are playable...lots of reading to do :)

Yeah, there is quite a lot to read through and is very daunting to begin with. I remember seeing it all and being stunned for awhile. I suggest finding an active faction you like and reading mainly about them til you get your bearings. I'm just a regular dude here, but it's good to see new people joining the site. Feel free to make yourself at home, we have space couches.

Well, the main playable species are the ones in Yamatai (Minkan, Nekovalkyrja (the female military bioroids, with NH-33 being the current model), and Nepleslia (Nepleslians, who are basically humans). Rounding them out are a collection of alien species and other factions like the Hidden Sun Clan, Lorath, and Neshaten.

Also, if you like anthro characters, there's a guide for that, too.

Feel free to fill this thread with questions for me to answer!

I'd make this post longer but I got to get on the road for Thanksgiving. I'll be checking in later using my tablet, though!

Welcome aboard and let me know if you need any advice from one noob to another. By the way, rocking list you have there, I'm a huge fan of both genres. Something about perpetual psuedo-apocalypse setting is incredibly enticing.

I like the idea of serving on a ships crew...guess I am in one of those hundred tons of steel and guns kind of moods :) Anyhow, I am so far liking the Nepleslians but there do not seem to be many active plots ongoing right now...is this normal? If so, how frequent is role play? I like to keep myself busy and post as often as possible.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I know on the wiki there is a list of active plots. What you will want to do (so long as you are old enough) is submit to Wes or another of the admins for your account to see 18+ material on the site. Once he does that you should see a lot more plots open up for you. I would just message one of them when you can and ask for permission.

Happy Thanksgiving and welcome aboard. There is plenty of material to feed the creative mind here, indeed, so take your time and ask any questions you may have if something catches your eye.

Nepleslia has needed an additional conventional (space marine) plot for a while now. The problem we've faced so far is we haven't found a GM for it yet. We get a lot of players joining who want to play a space marine but are worried about the pace of the Venus plot and see the 4th is overrpopulated. I'm hoping the Open RP forum will allow people to start a new Nepleslian space marine plot on their own which can later evolve into having its own subforum. Again, it's just a question of someone taking the flag and running with it. The best way to check the actual pace of a plot is to go to the actual RP threads and look to see how often the GM post and how often the players post.

NSS Venus is not for Marines. It is only for naval personnel to play around.

4th Fleet is not overpopulated. I would like to have new players so that the two squads can remain at optimal strength. Currently, Henry Morris' Minutemen are a bit understrength and could use a new member to bring up their numbers. 4th Fleet will only be overpopulated if we have MORE THAN 20 PLAYERS. That's two full squads of ten.

We aren't near that yet, Wes. If someone's interested in 4th Fleet, please don't discourage them from joining. I have the space and am already very used to dealing with lots of characters.

Regardless, welcome to our newest member.

@Sigma: noted!

@Scriven : Have you recovered from thanksgiving yet? How's the character-making, RP-finding going? Anything I can help you with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back