• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Home is Where the Geist is

Jack Pine

RP Date
YE 40, 3 days after exodus landing
RP Location
S6S-Anvil: Bridge
The lone person on the bridge seemed to pace back and forth as she bit her nail. She was concerned just how this meeting was going to go after all. It wasn't something she did often, requesting or even going so far as to demand it, but the idea had a lot of merit in her eyes. Harmony wanted this implant, the GEIST implant, to help her in a multitude of ways. She saw applications in a number of fields for her including her research, but mostly she never wanted to be caught unawares again as she had been recently.

With the recent attack, she had been completely unaware of the attack, or even what had been happening throughout the ship, not to mention the ability to interface with her workstation even away from it or other ship-bound defense systems that she could use to help in the event of an attack, she had felt weak and useless in the fight. She had gone two after taking two hits and that was unacceptable.

She needed to be better to help protect her new home.

To that effect, the green haired Lorath girl paced back and forth to try and do her best to calm her nerves before her meeting with Jack. She just hoped he would listen to her request.

The pneumatic doors slid open with a lazy hiss and some strain, one side halting only half way open. A curse could be heard as a armored boot gave it a good kick, knocking it back onto it's track. Another reminder just how extensive the damage had been. Repairs had been underway for several days as well as the major work to start construction of the colony. The Anvi however, had become their main base of operations for their efforts. The bridge of this once mighty ship was now sad and empty for the moment, having become a command center instead.

Jack strolled in a with a expression of fatigue, having run three shifts in a row of patrols for wildlife watch. The ecosystem carried many diverse and dangerous predators, some quite massive in size in fact to where even mechs were necessary to take them down. This was apparent in the many scratches on his revenant he wore without the arm armor. It was the same suit from the battle, with only just the necessary repairs to remain functional. To be honest, he looked like shit, and it was clear he felt it too as he sighed after removing his helm with a hiss and click. The helmet was hung on the back corner of the captain's chair, and his DMR was leaned against the side of the chair before he plopped his rear in the seat.

"You said you wanted to see me?", He asked simply as he sank in the chair, a hand running through his white hair which had grown out a bit along with that of his goatee into an actual beard slightly.

"I did. I know you're busy so I'll keep this quick and easy. I want to request a GEIST implantation. I feel like it could help me out immensly with my research, allow me to interface with the ship in the situation like what we just went through, and I could help develop future upgrades for the tech if I know just what the limitations and capabilities of it is."

The Lorath girl crossed her arms as she nearly spat out her request at Jack. She figured in his current state of overwork, he would appreciate the directness.

He gave a slight wave, "Yeah I'll have the surgery scheduled, but it will be a while until the surgery bays have been repaired. Medbays took a hell of a beating, and those in working order are still treating injured. I don't envy the doctors right now, but I'm thankful we have so many of them." Jack gave a huff, enjoying just being able to sit and rest. "You should be resting after your injuries, too many people already pushing themselves too hard just to add to the medbay occupancy numbers."

"I was down in the medbays helping before, but... I don't know I just can't be down there. I felt in the way." Harmony rubbed her shoulder and frowned. She still had her bandages on, her shoulder and wing taped up to protect it while she healed.

"How is Rose by the way? Have we found her?" She asked.

His expression grew serious, "She's the only one we've found. The advance team is still MIA. As for Mrs. Pine's condition, she's doing well physically all things considering. But......Sarah's disappearance hasn't been easy lately for her."

"The advance team... Did they drop off the sensors? What happened?" She asked as she took a deep breath and looked a little more concerned. She was glad to hear about Mrs. Pine and that she was doing better physically at least. But the advance team... That might be something she could help with. There were no better trackers in the Lorath then the Llamnel after all.

"From what we can formulate as the battle began, the shuttle took a direct hit and plummet planetside where it crashed somewhere in the upper northern hemisphere. The wheather is too dense for orbital scans, and our sensors are shot to hell aboard what's left of the Anvil.......current projects of survivability are quite low....I myself am having a hard time finding hope. Sarah is my mother, and I don't want to lose her, so I must hope that she and whatever survivors can find their way home.", Jack explained as he signaled a still holo of the shuttle on the holographic geomap projector, a stuttering image of a kinetic round ripping through the top of the craft and seen coming out the underside as a blue streak of sparks. The image was such given the table part of the setup was utterly destroyed, a human shaped crater in the machine where Mark had been knocked out of the fight by a enemy heavy.

"Any idea of their crash location? I'd like to help search for them. We Llamnel are pretty good trackers, and I'd like to see if I can help to find the team if possible." Harmony asked as she watched the video clip.

"The shuttle with some calculation, crashed with no chance of recovery in the artic, but that isn't to say any survivors didn't bail to land elsewhere."

"Is there a chance to find out if they did bail? Any way if we can maybe recover the black box from the ship maybe?" Harmony asked.

"Given the angle and speed of descent, very unlikely, and it would most likely be lost to the elements long before we ever found it. That being said, we have no way of telling if anyone did bail, we also aren't reveiving any IFF beacons from their armor. Either there are no survivors, or their beacons were just damaged in the descent.", Jack stated running a hand through his white hair again as his face took on a sad expression. "I'd love to go looking myself, but we simply don't have enough people to dispatch anyone......Over 400, closing towards 500 have died, and our state is vulnerable."

"Let me go then. Just give me the angle and trajectory. Maybe I can find something." She requested, figuring it was a long shot. She would feel bad leaving the others, but maybe she could help out somehow.

His answer was direct, simple, and clearly with no room for arguement, "No. I will not allow more civilians to put themselves at risk. I want to find them too Harmony, but you don't understand how vulnerable we are right now. We're a wounded animal licking our wounds, and if a hunter comes along, we may just be very well done for. I need you here, and I have only one person that I could possibly send with you for protection. He's been recently promoted to a new position of office and he's my best agent for finding people."

"Who's that?" Harmony asked, a little defeated looking but nodded none the less as she understood his reasoning. Still her mind ran with the need to find Rose, to bring her home to her children. She couldn't help but feel a little responsible for the woman's current predictament with her being down on the unknown planet. She was terribled and worried for her, and for her children. What if she never came back?

"The new head of our formed W.R.A.I.T.H.S. unit. Kessler Ryzka, who will be staying in a more permanent position here with us unless needed to travel for operations. He's my best field agent, and the only one I trust to get the job done when I can only afford to send one man.", Jack answered. He was fully aware of the two's recent development, but he kept that hidden as he wasn't one to pry, but it had been the reason Kessler had asked for a more "at home" position. It would be extremely more high risk, and the jobs would be tougher, but he knew the man could do it. His friend had never let him down before after all.

"H-he was promoted?! That's awesome! I mean I knew he got a new job... But I didn't know it was so important..." Harmony smiled in spite of herself, ears twitching a little as she looked to the ground. A hand was gently laid on her hip where she was injured as she took a deep breath.

"Well... I'm upset I can't go, but I do understand your reasoning. Thanks for accepting my other request though. I guess we will figure out the time line for it once everything is a little more settled down."

"thank you miss Harmony, do not worry, we will endeavour to do what we can to form a way to recover them. I will have Ceilia notify you when arrangements for the surgery have been finalized.", He assured the lorath woman. "When we can form that recovery effort, I will have mister Ryzka notify you in the case you may want to rediscuss being involved in it if you still wish at that time."

"I still do, I'll keep that in mind. In the remaining time, is there anything you want or need me to do?" Harmony asked as she bit her nail, suddenly nervous now somewhat about the upcoming surgery.

"Just stay well, rested, and keep up the good work. With the efforts of those in the departments and the other civilians, this will be home soon enough, then we can all rest easy......I'm rather tired, but the work is far from over.", Jack said warily and clearly fatiqued, taking out a canteen from his armor's belt and a ration bar from one of the pouches on it.

"I'll do that. If there is anything you need from me, just ask please. I'll do what I can to help." She gave Jack a small salute and bow, a older one of the Lorath. She crossed her right arm over her chest and gripped her wrist with her left hand as she bowed. Unless she asked, Harmony turned and left the room.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back