• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Horizon] GH Tactical Missile

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:ammunition:gh_tactical_missile
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Not technically a subarticle as its the other way around but, https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:ammunition:munitions this page is going to grow as I work on it and will eventually be updating most of my other ammo types to fit with the classes I have in the list.

Mainly posting this here since the missile references its class on the page from memory, if not then its the launcher article which will be coming soon...
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Neshaten
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
@Kyle pls gib de approves, its a good time i promise.

I don't think I missed anything but will update if i did

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. @Kyle, the Faction Manager of the Kingdom of Neshaten, needs to post his approval of the submission in this thread.
  2. Would you mind detailing the missile's appearance a bit more, please?
  3. Would you mind reducing the Phosphorus Payload's atmospheric area-of-effect to, say, 10 meters in each direction, please? 50 meters in each direction seems a bit much in my official opinion, especially if one assumes that these missiles are less then two feet in length.
  4. Would you mind changing "Muzzle Velocity" to "Maximum Speed" and providing values for atmospheric and space environments, please?
  5. I have some minor questions regarding the missile's statistical information:
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

As I very, very briefly discussed in discord with you i would like to keep the smoke AOE higher since, it is a smoke ordinance and this stuff rapidly expands and drifts after they go off IRL too, just look at any military smoke grenades and then imagine double or possibly triple the amount of reactants, but we settled for 20m radius and I intend to stick with that ^^.

Most of the rest I can easily fill out but the speed thing is something I wonder about constantly, since in space as long as you accelerate you can get faster up until the speed of light really... in basic concepts that is. So i'll probably just make it one mach faster.

Yes 40cm is the length of each one, the 3m ones come later.

As for the AOE of the others, the interference is airburst and idealy would 'burst' high above a combat zone allowing the chaff and radiation and whatever else the techs decide to fill it with rain down and cover a large area... like 50m radius ;3 but im sort of open to suggestions for AOE if you have any further insight into this sort of thing,

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Sorry for asking you to include a maximum speed for the missile in space, @club24 - I forgot about this part of the Starship Speed Standard. >.<

RPG-D RPGfix
Back