• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Horizon] URSA A.T.U.

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission Type: Vehicle
Template Used: Vehicle, might be slightly tweaked i cant remember
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:galactic_horizon:ursa
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-k9-3o_ursa

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? yes
Faction requires art? no, but i am in the process of getting some which will replace the reference image i have got text linked currently

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? nope
Contains New art? only a deck layout
Previously Submitted? nope

Notes:
this project was originally @SirSkully idea and I worked on it with him and its main purpose will be the upcoming horizon plot, beyond that anyone can go buy one and if you spot our easteregg you'll know i mean anyone

beyond that this is one of the largest submissions made for Horizon gear so please don't hold back to point out what to fix, and I appologise in advance since I expect a ninja arbs to come in and whack me for neglecting punctuation.

EDIT: destination url edited

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is an interesting design. I can take a closer look at it tomorrow but I'd really love a visual representation. Are you familiar with the open source modeling software called DOGA?

i know of it and I tried it but it's not really my thing, i've already been in contact with an artist I've used for a recent vehicle art i got who did this onedrone_2_by_banzz-dcdl1ke.png
and I haven't gone and asked anyone to do a doga image for me as i was out of the discord server until just a couple days ago, that and I know people are busy with their own stuff

Everything looks like it is in order besides the armor. Could you please specify what armor material is being used, or perhaps direct me to it if I missed it? Additionally, if the bubble blower grenade is serving as the units Shield generator please log the strength of The Shield with the armor rating.

Also, with this latest change to the Weaponry rules I am not as confident in my ability to judge the weapons as I was previously. @FrostJaeger at your convenience, would you be willing to inspect the weapons and teach me how to apply the new system?

Its made of strong russian steel, probably durandium or whatever the basic thing is so I'll put that on soon, i can do the shield strength where the shields are mentioned but they don't actually cover the whole vehicle just the weapon platforms

I think i have the shields listed as part of the weapons platform so i can list the tier there and a little thing in brackets about coverage?

U might not be communicatingwhat I'm thinking clearly.
With your permission I'll make the adjustment I'm looking for so I can show you.

Okay, I have added the armor and shield stuff the way it belongs in the damage capacity section. Now as far as defense goes the vehicle's tier is not a reflection of the armor as I found a separate rating for the armor. Does that all look right?

ah yep i understand what you were going for now, as for the tier of the vehicle I was told it would fit based on its size or something which is why it was listed as 9, ideally I'd like it to have armour to match so if you have a different material which horizon would be able to use to achieve that It'd be awesome otherwise can we just make it a foot thick XD

I got the armor rating of 6 from a foot note. If you'd like a matching armor rating just go ahead and match them up.
Alternatively you can use a USO specific metal like Usonium.

oh... i thought you said it was T6 armour because thats what the material could do... brain melts a little

sorry to keep pressing but that means i can just list its armour as being T9 too?

alrighty i have set the armour to be T9, thanks for filling out that bit I was a little unsure what you meant but we got it sorted 👍

Lol, I see this is a cheap machine for only 1KS! I almost missed it, in your stats it has the price listed as 1 KS.

like i said anyone can buy one lol, its the remnants of a discord joke from over a month ago, when we made it we decided to list it as 1ks because of how weirdly the pricing system is half the time and wanted to see when it would be noticed, i'll get it changed probably up to about 60-75k unless you think it should be higher/lower than that range, i honestly dont know how to value stuff in this setting since in most cases 1ks is 1 dollar but then space ships are worth less than houses

RPG-D RPGfix
Back