• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Hotaru] YSS Wishsong to YSS Asamoya- Preliminary interviews

Kim

スター軍の司書
ON> Transport ship- YSS Wishsong

The YSS Wishsong's blue haired neko captain frowned as Hotaru no Iori gave her clearance to dock and then immediately forbade her, her crew and her passengers from leaving the ship. "Well, shit. Brin-san, announce to the passengers we're stuck on the ship until the lock down is over!"

The ship's executive officer, Miura Brin complied as she picked up the ship's intercom. "Attention all passengers, we have arrived at Hotaru no Iori but the station is currently under a security lock down. Please be advised that you will be unable to leave the ship until the security alert has cleared. All military personnel are advised to contact their commanding officers and inform them of their arrival. Thank you, we apologize for the inconvenience.”

A fresh faced young male Santô Hei sitting in the passenger looking from side to side rather clueless on what to do. He however caught on, as he spotted most of the other passengers opening up volumetric displays to communicate to their COs, his mouth shaped into a 'oh' silently before he called up one of the digital displays in front of him to contact his newly assigned CO and alert her that he was docked, but not going to be arriving as of yet to his appointment. Of course he was nervous, gulping hard before the other face would appear on the other side and his voice would add to the soft chatter of everyone else on board who were currently in conversations.

The announcement came as a bit of a surprise to Yumiko. When the voice over the intercom went silent, she was left worrying that her hopes for a smooth transfer to the Asamoya were about to be shattered. But, no, she clung to those hopes, and opened up one of those very same displays. The chatter was almost soothing, letting her calm her nerves enough to at least put through the call to her new CO, Shoi Wasuremono Koharu. Hands folded in her lap, she waits for the face on the other side of the window to appear.

On the YSS Asamoya, MEGAMI alerted Koharu that she had an incoming video request. "Go ahead and patch it through, MEGAMI, thank you." She watched the floating volumeric screen pop-up and her posture straightened in her chair. "This is Shoi Wasuremono, how can I help you?" The neko executive officer's dark red almond shaped eyes appraised the floating face that appeared in her screen curiously. With her right hand she smoothed her ear length dark brown hair.

As Yumiko started to speak, she found something caught in her throat. She let out a single cough, covered by a her hand to keep it polite, before taking another breath. Being prepared was everything. "Good evening, Shoi Wasuremono-san. This is Santo Hei Matsumoto Yumiko, aboard the YSS Wishsong transport vessel. It's a pleasure to finally speak with you." She sounded a little nervous, but considering what -could- be happening on the other side to cause this lock down, she could have been doing worse.

"It’s nice to talk to you as well, Matsumoto-Hei. Since it is uncertain of when the security lock down is going to end, I'd like to conduct your preliminary interview now so that we know how to proceed when the security alert is finally cleared. Would you like a few moments before we proceed?" Koharu asked patiently and politely.

Yumiko took a deep breath now, straightened her posture, and put on her best pleasant face. It was just something she was good at, and just didn't seem 'fake' when she was doing it, either. "I believe I'm ready, Wasuremono-Shoi. Thank you." There was almost a glimmer in her eyes, showing just how -eager- she must be to actually get her first assignment.

"We are an active ship that is typically assigned into hostile zones to engage in combat. What do you feel are your duties as a caretaker on this sort of vessel?" Koharu asked politely, watching Yumiko's face appraisingly.

It only took a moment for Yumiko to think about the question, before her eyes were focused back on Koharu. "I understand that frequent hostile encounters can have a serious impact on a person's mental health and morale. As a caretaker it would be my duty and -pleasure- to see to the needs of any and all crew aboard the ship, whether they be in direct combat themselves, or supporting those who are. Also, there are many other more important things for one to worry about while in hostile territory than cooking, cleaning, and other simple things aboard the ship that some might overlook, but… such simple things might make that little bit of difference when it comes to a comfortable night sleep and being fully prepared and rested for the next engagement."

"What sort of things might you do to help improve morale?" Koharu responded again with a soft smile. Fairly standard answers but, it is a rather broad question to begin with,. the Shoi thought to herself. "In the past, I've heard about something called a "Dare Lottery" party going on as well as a play, so I'm curious as to what you might try to do for our crew's morale."

The neko's brows scrunched together at the mention of the "Dare Lottery". It wasn't something she was familiar with. "I'll have to ask about that party if I am seen fit to join the crew. It sounds fun." she responds with a genuine smile. "Parties and performances are a good start, as they do get the crew to mingle and get to know each other as well as let them wind down and relieve some of the stress they might have worked up. Although, not everyone likes the same thing, where one person might like parties and casual get togethers... another might be -immensely- bored in such a situation, and prefer to be more physically challenged with their casual activities. Perhaps, a hand to hand sparring tournament for the more combat oriented crew members would be more entertaining for them. And then there is the obvious one on one talks that some people might want to have. To give them a chance to get whatever is bothering them off their shoulders, in confidentiality. It's nice to have someone to talk to, and know that your concerns and issues won't be whispered and spread into rumors or the wrong ears. Not that I'm saying that happens aboard the Asamoya, no! I just know that sometimes people worry about such things." She paused a moment, and took another breath. "Please forgive me, Wasuremono-Shoi. I've been told sometimes I can talk a bit too much." Yumiko's cheeks blushed faintly, but she maintained her pleasant smile.

"That's more than fine, so long as you have an understanding of what we might be expecting from you. We currently do not have a caretaker as part of our crew so a sprite, Aki, is currently filling the position but she'd be more than happy to assist. Now, once you get to the ship, how would you like to proceed? Typically, we have one of our medical personnel conduct psychological exams but if you'd like to assist them with that task, I doubt they'd turn away the help. Or if you want to conduct regular exams is also up to you. We currently have a variety of issues among our crew... but, I'll leave it up to you to determine what they are and for those… troubled to discuss it with you," The last part Koharu said a little slowly and awkwardly as if she had a hard time relinquishing that information.

A brief look of concern crosses her features, but fades back into her seemingly casual demeanor. Though, she's still staying 'at attention', more or less. This -is- a commanding officer after all. "I would enjoy the help." She ponders for a moment, one hand lifting to rub a finger across her bottom lip. "I prefer to meet with those I'm helping personally to get to know them a bit better. I find more information can be discerned about a person's mental health if you sit down with them and just talk face to face as an equal, instead of making it feel like a medical procedure. Of course, medical information -can- be discerned from such a meeting, but, it's far more important that the patient or crew member isn't further stressed out by the examination. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody!" Her smile widens now, despite the seemingly awkward little bit that was added at the end of Koharu's statement.

"Very good, I think you'll be a good addition to our crew. Do you have any questions for me? I'm sure, our Captain, Shoi Kakutama, will have some for you as well whenever she finishes her business on Hotaru after the lock down," Koharu asked, her posture seemed to relax a little as she smiled in a fairly friendly manner.

Yumiko’s head dipped into a thankful bow as she heard those words. "It means a lot to me to hear you say that, Wasuremono-Shoi. Thank you. I... can't think of any questions at this very moment, no. But, I'm sure I'll have some when we next meet." Yumiko almost looked embarrassed about her lack of questions. Surely there was -something- she wanted to know? "I hope the lock down ends swiftly. It was a surprise to many here to find out we've been quarantined to the ship. I hope everything is alright."

"I can imagine. The situation is just getting sorted out but hopefully, they'll clear the alert within the next few hours. So you'll have to sit tight for a little while," Koharu said apologetically. "You're welcome, and we look forward to seeing you. We'll have all your equipment ready for you if you have no already received your standard issue items. If you have any requests for things to better help your job, please think on them so you can make the request when you join us. Try to make the best of this down time, Matsumoto-Hei." The Shoi added politely with a smile as she closed the channel.

Yumiko could barely think. Her body slumped into the seat she was sitting in as the channel closed. Her head rolled back a tiny bit, and she let out a deep sigh of relief. After a few moments of recovery, she sat back up, and straightened herself out. Well... that went well... she thought, as a much more confident smile began to creep onto her lips. "I'm actually a Caretaker, now..." she mumbled to herself.

OFF>

RPG-D RPGfix
Back