• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How and where can someone post a "memory?"

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Okay, so lemme back into this, as I can't sleep right now.

I posted an SP in the Flux about a character's past. It wasn't really designed to be canon, as it was mostly a memory from his past I was toying with and wasn't sure about working into the character. However, Wes approved it for canon, thereby setting up a minor TIME PARADOX.

Now I'd like to do it to connect with my main charcter, Yukari, and her past, which I've only explored in passing. To do this, however, I'd post in the Flux again. The reason I did it before with Kyosuke is because I know, around here, that we don't like histories that are not, in essence, roleplayed out, and I wouldn't be roleplaying as much as just writing.

What I'd like to know is, can "memory" posts be posted in the General forum under an appropriate tag, or should they be kept to the Flux?

General would be fine so long as they didn't contradict known history (if they did, the post would have to be moved to Flux) and were properly dated so as not to confuse anyone.

Would it be setting a possibly dangerous precedent, though? Players could come in and essentially create the history they want to justify certain kinds of characters. That's my main worry.

Yes, but I can explain.

My Goban character, Ozaki Kyosuke, was approved with his history as it stands now. But I went into the Flux and fleshed the history out some, mostly for my own purposes (connecting with that portion of his past and just having fun with it).

Wes said the post was good enough to be considered canon. Now, there wasn't anything in that post that could harm the canon, or made Kyosuke this really powerful character or justified l337 N1NJ4 skills or whatever.

My worry is that players COULD come in and do such a thing, though.

Yeah, but if it was good roleplay, is there really a problem?

I mean, it might be better than having people trying to put unsupported events in a new character history.

If the posts sucked, we could move them to flux. Worst come to worst, we could have stuff go to flux and then get approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back