• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How can we further refine the technology approval process?

Zack

Inactive Member
Seriously WTF? Why did we even change the technology process in the first place if Kotori is still making incredibly biased choices in regards to technology? Didn't we change the process specifically to stop this kind of thing from happening?

I also don't know of anyone who has received feedback from posting things in the mystery box.

Where has Fred/Kotori made said decisions, Zack/Uso?

EDIT: Okay, I see what's happening.

It's pretty simple, really -- submit the concept to the mystery box and then start bugging Wes to have it processed. We know people are assigned to the box; I've heard from them.

What Fred is doing is putting his foot down on nothing. Those threads are discussion-based, not approval-based.

Push comes to shove -- put it up on the wiki and just use it. We'll have a giant clusterfuck, and then we can see where tech approval goes from there.

Very well. I feel better knowing that we at least now have somewhere to go back to when we say that the new rule is BS.

Uso please read my post there. Its more the issue that people were uninformed that the Lor were going to be receiving help another way. Lets spare the users of this community another drawn out argument. The tech isnt needed, the plan is in place. And that is the END of the story.

Lets try and get along folks. No need for this.

I consider myself neutral in the whole Mystery Box debacle -- simply because I haven't had the time to writeup any new articles in the last few weeks, on account of heavy classes. But given the sheer volume of complaints I've seen on the forum I have doubts whether this will be the "END of the story" (unless you mean just on the Lorath topic, then I have no clue).

While the goal is admerable, the system could use work. Just thought I'd toss out these ideas for kicks:
  • If the process work is slow because members have other things to do -- why not just assign some more people to the Mystery Box, so more submissions can be processed?
  • In order to sate increasingly impatient writers, perhaps the creation of some sort of MysteryBox-to-public liaison to keep them updated? For example...
    • A Wiki or forum-based system where reviewers can discuss stuff in anonymity, allowing to people to directly see the status of their submission while retaining the same caliber of privacy as a hidden forum.
    • Public Relations staff; some people to paraphrase discussion in an owner's respective threads, if they're curious as to what's going on. Perhaps even give them the power to "delete" threads on behalf of owners, so they can fix and re-submit flaws pointed out by submission staff? From what Wes has passingly mentioned in the past, his PM box is already considerably busy from questions and other stuff. I imagine having all MysteryBox queries in addition to the "regular" stuff will flood his PM box, and consume his already precious time. Some sort of liaison, or at the very least a "secretary" for MysteryBox queries would help him greatly, I think.

A liason would be extremely helpful for me, as I currently fill that role in addition all the other things I do. ^_^;

Gamerofthegame said:
Then we must make a liason!

Although who would be a matter of debate...

It would have to be someone who is handy most of the time, someone well liked within the community, and someone who can remain objective.

DocTomoe said:
It would have to be someone who is handy most of the time, someone well liked within the community, and someone who can remain objective.

Well, obviously that leaves just me. I volunteer!

Though in actuality I don't think they would have to be well-liked, or handy, or even objective (though I am, so that's a plus). It's as simple as popping into the hidden forum, skimming over a thread, and telling the writer, "Well, it looks like some folks are worried about your ship's high speed," or something like that. Other than the ability to delete threads upon a person's request (which can simply be reserved for only the most trustworthy liaisons) they have no real power in themselves. And yes, the word 'liaisons' is plural since there's no reason we couldn't have more than one of them.

Worship me, minions for I am -- Eh, well, you know the rest.

Gamerofthegame can be henchman. He can carry all my rubber approval/denial stamps, and shuffle the paperwork, and other things so he can pretend to be important.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back