• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

How do you like the Type 41 Insignia for the Star Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This is another 5-year review that I'm getting an early start on for the imminent YE 46. How do you think the Type 41 Insignia set? It consists of the Type 41 Hinomaru patch and the "STAR ARMY" (or other language equivalent) rocker.

Since YE 22 or YE 24, the Star Army has been using the hinomaru as its symbol. There was a visual update in YE 38 (OOC:2016). When we made new IRL patches the design was ever so slightly updated to the Type 41 which made the Mindy a little bigger so it was easier to embroider and more visible.

Are you satisfied with the current symbol of the Star Army? Do you think this insignia works for us? Or should the Star Army be looking into something different looking?

Thanks for contributing to this 5-year review.

Solution
Hinomaru is as great as it ever was. If anything, I'd do away with the rocker option in-character because I haven't found much commissioned art of the Type 42 uniform where it's ever been drawn (only one commissioned piece while rocker is often used in edited AI stuff). So that part doesn't really seem to follow the artistic simplification that the Type 42 was party created for.
I think the Hinomaru is iconic and it fits the Star Army well. I like how it's easily modified for special holidays ie. When the site is decorated for pride week etc.

Hinomaru is as great as it ever was. If anything, I'd do away with the rocker option in-character because I haven't found much commissioned art of the Type 42 uniform where it's ever been drawn (only one commissioned piece while rocker is often used in edited AI stuff). So that part doesn't really seem to follow the artistic simplification that the Type 42 was party created for.

Reactions: Wes
Solution
Based on feedback, we'll keep using the Star Army Insignia Set Type 41 until at least YE 51. It looks like no changes are needed. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back