• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How exactly does the whole wiki thing work?

Konoka Miyazawa

Inactive Member
I've wanted to make a charcter here for quite some time, but I've never used a wiki before, and i don't understand your charcter creation process. Could you please explain it ? I'm not really a technical person, I'd ask my dad, but we've got a weird moving situation, so he doesn't exactly live in town temporarily...he's the tech person. So, simple explanation, please? Your site is awsome, by the way!

For the character creation thing, This guide is pretty straightforward. You choose a race and a faction, such as Nepleslian and their military, the SMoDIN, then write how your character looks, their personality, skills, history, etc.

For exactly what you need, this Auto-template has pretty much everything you need in it. Just fill it out. It will also automatically format it for the wiki. To post it onto the wiki once you've formatted it, make sure you have a wiki account, and simply enter
Code:
character:{your character's name goes here}
into the wiki search box, then click "create this page" on the upper-lefthand corner of the screen. This will also put it in the correct namespace.

Once your bio's been posted to the wiki, create a new topic in this forum and paste the wiki URL in there, with the topic being your character's name.

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Thanks for calling our site awesome! Sub pretty much answered all of your questions, so all I can say is good luck! Questions are always good to have, so ask away! :) We are here to help new people like you along. Have fun! :mrgreen:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back