• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

How fast do plot ship positions get taken?

Cann Mann

Inactive Member
So, the main ship I wanted to join was the YSS Eucharis, but I want to get a handle on my character first. Currently, the Eucharis webpage says they're only looking for one more infantry, so I'm worried if I go to Fort Ready that I won't be able to get on the ship. This leads me to my question: how fast do open slots on plot ships get taken? Do I have enough time to run around on Fort Ready, or if I want to get on the Eucharis, should I just ask for assignment there and now before someone else does?

And also, if I have enough time to be on Fort Ready, when does the sign-ups for the next class start? From what I can tell, Fort Ready isn't an active plot ship anymore.

On a related note, I guess I might as well ask: how often do new plots/occupancies in current plots occur?

Re: Limited Occupancy

If you'd like to go to Fort Ready just because you think it'll help you learn the roleplay more quickly--don't. Every plotship is capable of taking on new characters and their GMs are capable of providing the same OOC help with in-character issues across the board. Jump on whatever ship with open space suits your fancy.

Also, due to issues with being incredibly busy and overstretching myself, I (The GM of Fort Ready) Stopped the plot. So you wouldn't be doing any RPing there, most likely.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you get your spot on the eucharis and have fun here on SARP.

I see your orders request. We're in the middle of a mission now so we can either wait until the mission is over or we can get creative and have you get found by us on the station and join the party. I was thinking since my team (alpha team) for this mission is a man short, maybe you could run into us there. Thoughts?

This could perhaps be an opportunity to absorb an Elysian character in the Eucharis' crew. I've had opportunities for my own plotship to absorb new people from situations going from crew transfers, to rescued personnel... so I figured this could be a nice chance to diversify the Eucharis' crew some more with either a Plebian or an Angel.

Mmm.

Mm.

Well, it was an idea.

Also... Miharu is currently in downtime, and currently embarking new infantry personnel to fill up Masako's armor team. I see a possibility that my plotship could take Cann Mann's character if needed and if he's desirous of coming onboard another plotship than the Eucharis. Like Eucharis, Miharu is also a long-running SP plot.

Seeing Masako's armor team is restructurating and getting new personnel, it doesn't strike me as a bad idea to add in a fourth newcomer.

This may involve an interview session to screen him through, though, like Doshii's done with the others.

I'm fine with an interview session. I think I'd have to do one either way. Though, maybe in a few months after I have a grip on the mythos, I'll make an Elysian for those "mingling" purposes. I don't really want to make another character now, though. I got rocked trying to make the first one. XD

So you're headed for the Miharu then? If you do, I don't mind - I've got a lot of players already and Fred's roleplaying is fantastic.

I haven't looked at much of Miharu's rp page, to be honest, so I don't know that much about the story. I really did have my heart set on the Eucharis, but now I feel I could go either way. Where do you guys need me?

EDIT: Just took a gander at the Miharu page...

The Miharu plotship is an epic action/adventure plot which progresses with single posts (SP) mostly with the very occasional Joint Post (JP) added in here and there, usually between two players. It is not accepting new players.

The underline was not on the page, merely me pointing out the important part in context. So...uh...slight contradiction. Is it accepting or not?

Fred said:
Miharu is currently in downtime, and currently embarking new infantry personnel to fill up Masako's armor team. I see a possibility that my plotship could take Cann Mann's character...Seeing Masako's armor team is restructurating and getting new personnel, it doesn't strike me as a bad idea to add in a fourth newcomer.
Sounds like an opening to me...and that's coming direct from the GM.

It's up to you.

Alright. To me, it sounds like a better idea to hop on the Miharu then. The Eucharis looks awesome, but it's in the middle of a plot (of which I have no clue how I'd work my character into the vicinity of). Furthermore, the downtime might be a nice kind of trial/transition period for me into the full-blown rping in the mythos.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back