• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How Fast is a DAISY with a Heavy Fusion Thruster pack?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
Okay, I just realized this now, thethe DAISY doesn't have it's speed in space listed for the Heavy Fusion Thruster Pack.

Daisy M6-1B "Spacy"

The 1B Spacy model is designed specifically for space combat. It generally does not discard the fusion pack, and makes liberal use of the alternate gravimetric engines provided in the legs. It also features a space kit version of the M6-2901 Plasma Rifle, which has a higher rate of fire and better damage, and carries subspace communication equipment.

So, there is the first part

Speeds:
  • Heavy Fusion Thruster Pack, atmospheric: Mach 1.8 (~2,205 km/h) at Earth sea level (Mach 7 in dead of space)
  • Glider, atmospheric: 100 km/h (~63 mph)
  • Anti-gravity drive, land/underwater: 70 km/h (~43 mph)
  • M6-1B gravimetric drives, space: 0.1 c MAXIMUM (has high acceleration, low top speed)

Note: The thruster pack is often discarded after a drop is made, in an attempt to lighten the armor and narrow its profile. Packs are attuned to each armor before deployment, allowing a pilot to leave its pack behind without fear of another using it.

• Not listed on speeds, though the gravimetric engines are.

Heavy Fusion Thruster Pack: An attachable backpack on the Daisy's back. It houses the heavy fusion thrusters, which look like two nozzles on each side of the back. The nozzles can be moved via AIES just enough to allow the armor to hover if absolutely necessary, and throttle control is between 5 and 105 percent. The pack comes with its own power generator, but the unit is heavy, so it is generally discarded if an armor is being used on the ground. The unit comes with its own weapon racks and covers the Daisy's built-in ones; if the pack is discarded, weapons on its racks must be put back on the Daisy. The power generator provides about one Yamatai day's worth of fuel at full speed. A sliding scale gives a pilot a rough idea of the fuel usage – 5.6 percent per hour at full speed, 4.2 percent per hour at 75 percent thrust, 2.8 percent at 50 percent thrust, and so on.

This information is actually important as the YSS Senbu currently fields Daisies in space.

That's because I added it only AFTER Fred bugged me to do it.

The Fusion pack's not meant to be used in space, more or less. You keep it for the extra armor, or you keep it so when you drop OUT of space and into a planet's atmosphere, you've got something to fly with.

If you want I can add one, but the gravimetric engines are what I intended to be used.

No, that's okay. After a discussion (and me feeling silly when this was pointed out). It wouldn't be able to go faster than it's gravimetric drives with it running anyway. Thanks doshii!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back