• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How well publicized are Yamatai's Avatars?

Angelic_Crux

Inactive Member
I was wondering how well publicized the Avatars mentioned in the NH-7 technical manual are. Does the Yamatai Empire try to minimize evidence of their existence, or are they used as part of Yamatai propaganda?

Given their power level and possible impact on the game, shouldn't they have their own entry and not just be a sub-section of the technical manual? If they've been ret-conned (they seem a bit out of place with the rest of the setting), would it be alright if I edited them out of the wiki, or made it clear that they're no longer a part of the canon setting?

They're no longer in the setting, but the NH-7 technical manual is there more as a historical document than something used in-canon. I've added a tag at the top to point out the NH-7 is no longer used.

Note that right now we're on the NH-29 model of Nekovalkyrja.

I think the historical significance of the Avatars is pretty well documented ICly, if the post title is the question you want answered.

If they've had a significant impact on the game world in a well-known way, could someone direct me to some of the things they've done/are known for? Like historical events they were active in or things like that?

Honestly, they were basically gods and because of that I felt they weren't suitable for a sci-fi setting and phased them out, deliberately leaving little info on them.

Avatars were primarily used for military purposes, primarily as computers for starships and large bases, or as transport systems for large amounts of cargo.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back