• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Life Events I Ship on December 1st

Kokuten

The Pixel Knight
Inactive Member
For those who don't know, I am joining the U.S. Navy. I swore into the reserve back in June and have been delayed deployment for the past five months. I've been trying to make these final months well enough before I slipped off, but I'm finding time quickly dwindling faster than I had imagined.

Technically, my last day for availability is November 30th, considering that one needs to go to a hotel first so they can ride the bus into MEPS the next morning. However, after December 1st, you'll probably not being seeing me for quite some time, if ever, really.

As far as responsibilities, my only one is actually the Tenth Fleet in Yamatai, which will be going to Gallant at one point before I leave. Otherwise, there shouldn't be anything else that requires cleaning up following my leaving.

You.

It's going to be hard seeing you go. I hope you come back, but wherever life takes you, I know you'll make it count.

It's reserve when you're in delayed enlistment. When you're ready to ship, you swear out of the reserve and into active duty.

Well, I think you'll probably enjoy it, or at least parts of it. The military is quite the bureaucracy. But you're now part of the greatest club on Earth. You're a veteran. It's something to be proud of and something that will never leave you.

Due to rate and duty I'm not going to have the ability to return to the SARP as I wished before I joined up. I hate this to be the one thing I say in well-over a year, but I cannot be expected to return to the SARP. If this is the last thing I post here, I'll say thank you to you all, you've provided me more than my fair share of happiness.

I just wanted to say that, in case I do disappear for a very long time.

It's a pleasure just hearing from you, Kokuten. I hope you are doing well.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Know that you're always welcome back. :)

Hey, man. If you can't be around, we understand. Just remember, we're always hanging out in the IRC, and we'd love to see you around even just to chat on occasion.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back