Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

ID-SOL Page Update

I don't agree 100% with the suggested alternate history. The Second Draconian War was fought by Nekovalkyrja, not ID-SOLs, and I don't think there would have been a limit on ID-SOL lifespans at any point. ID-SOL are likely a pet project of the United Empire Forces so may that could be worked in. The first ID-SOLs came around after the colonization of Nepleslian, IIRC. Sorry for the lack of detail.

This has gotten to the point where I must defer to more experienced members for input. I don't know this history, heck, I barely know enough history to trace to Nepleslia's independence. Going pre-independence is liking driving in the Bay Area, I don't know where I'm going.

Basically there is very little to go on...and that's coming from their creator! I don't think we need to go into too much detail with that on the article, though. The main questions are not so much their origins, but:

• Who makes them now?
  • Explain their abilities
  • Explain the abilities of their sons (half-breeds) and grandsons.
  • Any special requirements to play one, if applicable.

Wes said:
I don't agree 100% with the suggested alternate history. The Second Draconian War was fought by Nekovalkyrja, not ID-SOLs, and I don't think there would have been a limit on ID-SOL lifespans at any point. ID-SOL are likely a pet project of the United Empire Forces so may that could be worked in. The first ID-SOLs came around after the colonization of Nepleslian, IIRC. Sorry for the lack of detail.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Honestly, the history has little to no real meaning other than being a little flavorful; the mention of the Hive Wars can be removed.

Also, I was always under the impression that ID-SOLs were somewhat of a Nepleslian-based supersoldier program, rather than the joint effort of several nations. I would say that, in a Nepleslian sense of things, a short lifespan on a relatively new test-model super soldier would be pretty smart, considering that if they work, you just make more, and if they don't work or go haywire, it won't last forever.
Sigma said:
This has gotten to the point where I must defer to more experienced members for input. I don't know this history, heck, I barely know enough history to trace to Nepleslia's independence. Going pre-independence is liking driving in the Bay Area, I don't know where I'm going.
Everything I added was merely fluff text; I didn't change ID-SOLs up other than simply proposing a little expansion of their development. A little extra fluff because, to be honest, ID-SOLs are a unique branch of the Nepleslian race and deserve a little love. So you don't have to worry too much, it doesn't affect the roleplay currently happening.
Wes said:
Basically there is very little to go on...and that's coming from their creator!
Which is why I'm proposing a few cosmetic history addends. The bulleted list of main questions are sound, though; they could be put into the article to better describe how players would play their current ID-SOLs.

I've done some minor work on the page. But again, I don't have a very good gauge since I've not really encountered in RP. So I need to get more feedback from more senior players.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back