• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

ID-SOL Page Update

I don't agree 100% with the suggested alternate history. The Second Draconian War was fought by Nekovalkyrja, not ID-SOLs, and I don't think there would have been a limit on ID-SOL lifespans at any point. ID-SOL are likely a pet project of the United Empire Forces so may that could be worked in. The first ID-SOLs came around after the colonization of Nepleslian, IIRC. Sorry for the lack of detail.

This has gotten to the point where I must defer to more experienced members for input. I don't know this history, heck, I barely know enough history to trace to Nepleslia's independence. Going pre-independence is liking driving in the Bay Area, I don't know where I'm going.

Basically there is very little to go on...and that's coming from their creator! I don't think we need to go into too much detail with that on the article, though. The main questions are not so much their origins, but:

• Who makes them now?
  • Explain their abilities
  • Explain the abilities of their sons (half-breeds) and grandsons.
  • Any special requirements to play one, if applicable.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Honestly, the history has little to no real meaning other than being a little flavorful; the mention of the Hive Wars can be removed.

Also, I was always under the impression that ID-SOLs were somewhat of a Nepleslian-based supersoldier program, rather than the joint effort of several nations. I would say that, in a Nepleslian sense of things, a short lifespan on a relatively new test-model super soldier would be pretty smart, considering that if they work, you just make more, and if they don't work or go haywire, it won't last forever. Everything I added was merely fluff text; I didn't change ID-SOLs up other than simply proposing a little expansion of their development. A little extra fluff because, to be honest, ID-SOLs are a unique branch of the Nepleslian race and deserve a little love. So you don't have to worry too much, it doesn't affect the roleplay currently happening.
Wes said:
Basically there is very little to go on...and that's coming from their creator!
Which is why I'm proposing a few cosmetic history addends. The bulleted list of main questions are sound, though; they could be put into the article to better describe how players would play their current ID-SOLs.

I've done some minor work on the page. But again, I don't have a very good gauge since I've not really encountered in RP. So I need to get more feedback from more senior players.

Approved

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…