• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Resolved Ignore Thread option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aendri

Inactive Member
Is there any chance we could get an "ignore thread" option added? Like, the opposite of watch thread?

Basically, it's just stuff like the forum games constantly flagging the lounge as having new posts, even though I'm not interested in them. The ability to mark them as invisible or some such would be remarkably convenient.

Or whole subforums?

So that we can focus the New Posts page to area's we want to see.

I'm looking into this. So far I've found an add-on that looks like it could add that functionality.

Like this idea; it gives us the option to tailor our experience some more. I'm all for it.

I've found another add-on that looks like it accomplishes the same thing. I've used an add-on from this developer in the past to change user join dates when they were inaccurate for whatever reason. Unfortunately both of the Ignore add-ons I've linked will add a new copyright notice to the bottom of every forum page unless we fork over some cash.

Oy! Always money for the additions. XD

Well, I dropped some Shekkels into the donation box, I'd be proud if they went to that add-on.

How much are we talking, Wes? And is it a one time thing, or we have to keep paying so long as we're using it?

The Ignore Thread option is now available.

I'm not feeling very enchanted with the new options being implemented. I expected them to be part of the User Control Panel or the Watched forums/threads somehow... and instead they end up in the forum horizontal menu bar.

The result is that I have to look for the most used link I turn to on this forum, "New posts", and those small words in the menu get lost while sandwiched between the other options.

I'm conservative and generally resistant to change in stuff I get used to, so, take my feedback with a grain of salt. But right now, I kind of feel the ergonomy of our overhead links sucks. Can "New posts" at least be moved back to its former position at the end of the line?

I don't really like the placement either, but I'm not sure I have a way to change it.

I agree with Fred. Especially in Mobile, those two new links replace the 'new posts' link and forces me to use a clunky drop-down menu to select New posts. Since I almost always use the New Posts button for everything, I'd at least like it to be at the end of the list so it's easily clickable when I'm browsing SARP on my phone.

You can browse SARP on your phone? I can't do that for some reason...Oh well. Its better to be here on a lap top anyway.

I'm going to temporarily disable it while I try to figure out something better.

This plugin has been updated to allow for removal of the links on the nav bar, so I've set that option and re-enabled it. You should now be able to ignore threads again.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back