• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission IIS-G1 "Last Resort" Self-Contained Survival Apparatus

Ethereal

Banned Member
Hello everyone.

I just saw that there was a niche for life support equipment that is rugged, simple and can sustain the user indefinitely.

It uses very practical and low-tech components which have virtually no energy requirement or fancy bits and bobs.

Tradeoff being this is not a hardsuit or power armour, it's just a set of electronics, boxes and tubes which are kept in a carrier vest, backpack or box.

It's made of Yarvex and ADNR though, so it should survive intact if stored securely before a crash.

They can be integrated into power armors, fighter craft and hardsuits. So your pilots can sustain and relieve themselves, as well as live most of the time if they're sent spinning away with no power.

Side bonus: A lot of the modules are standalone too, or fill in gaps for medical tech and things which should be useful.

Cheers!

P.S. I have no idea what to price these as, haha

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I haven't got a chance to do a full review yet but I see the Yarvex as a hangup until the major corporation legal status of IIS is addressed so we should probably pause this review until that happens.

Ah, that makes sense - I forgot Yarvex was restricted! I can edit the pages to use a similar but unrestricted material, then later release a Yarvex version, if that makes it easier?

Sure, that works for me!

If you are using the Yarvex for anti-spall, Kinugoshi-ko might work if layered enough.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back