• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

I'm new

Reym

Inactive Member
Okay, I'm sorta new to RP and I was kinda wondering how it works. Where do I start and what do I do?

Welcome to Star Army!

Start with the New Players Guide. We also have a guide to roleplaying.

The gist of it is that you are encouraged to create a character, join an ongoing story, and then write that character's speech and actions (and perhaps thoughts) as if you were writing part of a book.

We offer three main types of RP:
  1. Thread-based RP - The Open RP forum allows you to hop in without making a detailed character article.
  2. RP in our plots that have their own subforums is more long-term and requires character approval
  3. Some plots RP in chat or on Etherpad type sites and post the results to the forums afterward.
Feel free to post any questions you have here in in the RP Setting Discussion and Questions forum.

If you're planning to get into a plot, I suggest speaking with the Game Master (GM) beforehand. It usually helps.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back