Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Suggestion Improve Creation of Civilian Characters

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
I was getting feedback from some of the newer players and one of them told me:

Neshaten have details on creating a civilian character but almost no other faction does. I would like to propose possibly making a page for creating a civilian for each faction.​

They also recommended making sure civilians were financially well-off as military characters get built-in food and housing.

This suggestion is to:
  • Make clear how civilians are made in each playable faction and where they can be RPed (For instance, Creating a Yamataian is usable for civilians but isn't obviously so)
  • Make new civilian character creation guides as needed
  • Change the starting 3000 KS starting cash to include: Cash, a place to live, and transportation (could be travel tickets, a car, etc)

Yes please I love it and can help give ideas. Also with the new planet overhaul and rumor but I think thus should encourage them :)

Added to Creating A Yamataian:

You can make civilian characters too! A character can have any reasonable occupation. We suggest doing an interest check if you're going to make a civilian character so you know you'll have an RP partner to play your character with.

If you want your character to be somewhere in between (having a regular job but also being part of the Star Army), they can be a member of the [[stararmy:reserve|]].

The Nekovalkyrja guide, for obvious reasons, is going to assume the character is being made for use in the Star Army.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back