• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu In orbit of Yamatai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom kicked in his sleep, like a dog, before a loud snort overtook him and caused him to jolt awake.

"Mmmm?"

The blurry world slowly became clearer as his eyes focused on a small, blinking blue light on the far table. It was his communicator.

Damn it. All the way across the room, too. How it got there was a mystery to the Yamataian, for he did not remember putting it there while he was tearing off his clothing to leap into bed with Yukari...

...speaking of Yukari, where did she run off to?

Smacking his lips, Tom lifted his nude form from the pit and padded towards the table to check his messages.
Tom,

I must go to the surface to interview potential new crewmembers. I will not be long from your side. Message me and tell me where you will go during shoreleave, so I may meet up with you! Do not forget, you cannot release yourself; that is my job as your future wife. -_^ Sleep well, my 'Yuki-sama.'

— Yuka

"Oh."

He quickly penned his reply.
Yukari,

Damn. Just like you to ruin all my grand escape plans. Not that I'd have a chance, anyway, with your killer instinct. Remember, however, as you roam the streets of Kyoto, that this prey will not go down so easily. The hunter may become the hunted, ne? -_^

Damn it. Now you've got me doing it.

Eternally yours,

-Tom

He wrapped a towel around his waist and moved to the baths.

Nyton had not remained idle as he waited. After getting dressed he went on accessing files on Kyoto. He downloaded and studied maps, layouts, weather information, security updates, and resource movements. There was also another window where he had finally selected a suitable outift for himself. This had actually taken him longer to decide on than anything else.

The style he finally settled on was an ensemble consisting of a white under garment, black full length kimono, gray hakama pants and a black haori. He hoped that it would be appropriate in both function and form since he had never worn any of the kimonos outside of a simple bath yukata. The components of the outfit were common and could be purchased at almost any of the clothing outlets available in Kyoto.

As Nyton studied the data he had also pulled up an Armorers manual which gave simple step by step instructions on adjusting the grips on the two extra Type 28 NSP's he was taking along with him. His issued pistol had already been adjusted for a human hand but the two he had drawn from the armory were still shaped for a neko hand. He had tried firing with a neko grip before and it was impossible for his larger hands to comfortably shoot with them. It had not taken him long to adjust the grips though, as it was actually a very simple task to do so. But Nyton was a perfectionist and he wanted to be certain these weapons would not fail him should the need to draw them occur.

While looking down the sight to sync his targeting software with the two new pistols another matter had begun to draw Nyton's attention: The moment in the bath between himself and Kotori. What happened there? Where did all of those sensations come from? were the questions that plagued him. Nyton had trained to be a professional soldier; practically as born and bred as a Nepleslian could be without being an ID-SOL. His desire to be such drove him to control himself as much as possible. He knew he was still young and not as fully experienced as one with many more years would be but he worked towards that constantly.

Going over his memory loops he found that the COLD SHOWER sequence was still intact. It wasn't like it was a program that could become corrupted, it was simply a cycle of memories that allowed him to control his physiology to a slight degree. And the ones he used were quite effective. He was not so much concious of the emotion behind the memories as his body was more in tune to the subtlety of their effect. It was almost a type of meditation that he employed. It had been so effective before and was able to prevent amusingly compromising situations during his training when he had to be around naked Nekovalkyrja everyday.

Yet there he was, the memory still as clear as the recording, almost clearer even. Nyton studied over these memories with much diligence. What could have possibly drove him to be drawn in by Kotori like he did at that moment. He had always sworn that he would not try to screw his way to the top. Friends in high places was one thing, but to push his agenda via sexual means was an affront to everything he believed in.

But there was something else inside him that was forcing him to not dismiss this event as just some hormonal urge that he nearly failed to fight off. It was connected to something that he also knew and did not find unacceptable. What it was he did not know but Nyton did know that he considered Kotori to be a friend. Someone that he both trusted and respected. Despite her position over him he knew it was that friendship more than anything that drove him to go above and beyond himself. It was no mere pragmatism, that he knew. He had analyzed it several times before and accepted the advantages to befriending a member of the Ketsurui. But had it been just that then he would not have enjoyed their conversations as much as he had in the past. Nor would he have clung to the hope that there could be some real change on Yamatai should he continue to support her.

Resolving such, Nyton knew that he would have to do much better so as not to commit such an indiscretion again. He may not understand what he felt at that moment, be it a whimsy of the hormone or heart, but what they did have he did not want to endanger. Nyton was determined to continue serving Kotori as her loyal retainer and support her as a close friend.

With that, Nyton immediately began to sling his holsters, two at each side of his chest and a third at his waist. The two knives would be kept at each boot, much like how Kotori kept hers but less obvious. The kodachi blades were slung together at his right hip while the GP-12A was slung over his shoulder in a very obvious fasion. All his software had lined up to each weapon for maximum accuracy. Cybernetics were at optimal performance. The data for any possible route they took through Kyoto was saved. He was ready.

Sanjuro more or less ignored the quarreling as he set down his large, black bag by the door and walked over to the multitude of cabinets lining the wall. The medical officer didn't pause for a moment; he knew exactly what he wanted, and where to obtain it from. After obtaining two small bottles from the cabinet in front of him, he walked back towards Yoroko and Asher.

"This is a Chlormethiazole-Rosiglitazone supplement, with added minerals. The Chlormethiazole-Rosiglitazone combination reduces the unpleasant side-effects of hypoglycemia and vitamin B12 deficiency...the symptoms like headaches and nausea, which you two are experiencing, I assume..." Sanjuro exchanged glances between the two. "...are fixed by this, while the additional minerals help with re-hydrating the body and replenishing the acetaldehydes lost in alcohol intoxication."

Sanjuro carefully took two white and blue capsules from the bottle and handed them out.

Kai was soon back at his room, and, having heard mention of shore leave, decided to change into more plain clothes. He threw the Yukata aside disinterestedly, then slipped on the uniform pants and a T-shirt, then grabbed his grey trenchcoat, which had been hanging ion the closet the entire mission, unused.

Slipping on his one civillian item of clothing, Kai walked back out of his room, and headed for the med bay again, hoping to catch yoroko and Asher, to ask them what they wanted to do.

Asher snatched the pill from Sanjuro's hand and then practically threw it down his throat. He swallowed quickly, almost choking on the pill as it went down. Though the pain didn't go away instantaneously, but the relief that it would eventually go away let him lean back and sigh.

"Ah..." He breathed, he then looked and Sanjuro, "So, uh, what did you say?"

Yoroko reached up and took the pill from Sanjuro and swallowed it. After a few minutes the pounding inside of Yoroko's head started to subside. Once it had reached a more manageable level, Yoroko looked up at Sanjuro. "Thankyou very much Ashitaka-Heisho." Yoroko said apologetically as she bowed to Sanjuro. Yoroko's voice still sounded tired and hoarse, but that was something that would get better over time.

"Westwood-Hei," Yoroko said as she turned to face Asher. "Arigatou." Yoroko bowed as she spoke, though not as low as she had to Sanjuro. "I'm sorry...I need to get a bath before the day get's started, shitsureishimasu." Yoroko said before she left the medbay. Once Yoroko had returned to her room she grabbed her toiletries as quickly as she could before she headed to the communal baths.

ON> Communal Baths

Yoroko entered the baths and quickly stripped down and threw her clothing into one of the lockers before sitting down upon a stool in front of a shower. Yoroko turned the water on to warm, letting it run down her body for a few minutes like a liquid blanket. That….was embarrassing. Yoroko thought as she sat there. No more late night drinking. The Yamataian thought as she reached for the shampoo and began to apply it to her hair.

Asher grunted as he entered the baths. He was never fond of the communal baths, but it was still the only way for him to get clean. Man... I hate these fuckin' things... Asher thought as he took off his clothes and stuffed them into a locker.

The Hei was rather uncomfortable, standing out in the open, naked. Hopefully Yoroko's already gone, and I have tha' showa' to m'self... He thought before he walked in a noticed her sitting on one of the stools. Asher groaned heavily as he noticed her, but it seemed to melt away as it was 'her' and not someone else. Except for Tom, off to the left, but he left him alone.

Asher walked forward and turned one of the showerheads on, setting the water to very hot. His eyes kept straightforward, for one he didn't want to stare and have her notice him. Two, he didn't want her looking at him. Though, it didn't keep the Hei's face from turning slightly red. Dammit... I fucking hate these showers... He thought as he scrubbed.

Yoroko turned her head when she heard Asher groan. He sounds upset Yoroko thought as she turned her head back. He's probably mad at me for getting so drunk and being in a state in which I can't even walk the next morning. Yoroko thought frantically, as she subconsciously increased the speed with which she was cleaning herself. I have to make it up to him, and Ashitaka-Heisho. Yoroko thought as she finished up cleaning herself and moved into the bath area.

Silently Yoroko slid into the water and moved into an opposite corner, attempting to draw as little attention from Tom as possible. One less person I need to upset… Yoroko thought to herself as she lowered her face under the warm bath water, leaving only the very top of her head exposed.

Asher grunted as he quickly scrubbed himself under the hot shower water. He finished quickly and cut the water off, his skin warm and boiling. He sighed heavily, and then turned to the bath. His hands ran down his chin to put his goatee back into a spike and then went into the bath area. He noticed Tom, relaxing on his, and then Yoroko sunk low in the water all by her lonesome.

A small grin widened a little on Asher's face, even though he didn't like the place he was in, he didn't know why he couldn't have a little fun. So, Asher walked over to the corner that Yoroko was in and plopped straight down in the water next to her. "SO!" He started, his grin still prominent, "Come here often?

Yoroko almost jumped out of the water when Asher ‘plopped’ down into the water. Yoroko raised her head above the water to see who the newcomer was, even a part of her feared it was Asher. Once her eyes met his face her fears were confirmed.

Asher said:
“SO!” He started, his grin still prominent, “Come here often?”

Why am I being punished? I’m sorry, I’m sorry!! Yoroko cried internally, however externally she played it cool. “Un.” Yoroko said after blinking a few times. “Do you Westwood-Hei?” Yoroko asked quietly. She hadn’t seen him there much during the two weeks, but that didn’t mean that the Hei didn’t frequent the baths later in the day.

"Ain't my favorite place, kinda shy when it comes to walkin' 'round naked. A bath like this, though, I feel like I got some kinda' cova'." Asher chuckled a little before ducked his face into the water and then came back up. "I guess it kinda' helps your here." Asher gave her a look from the corner of his eye.

Yoroko pressed her back against the wall of the bath, and tried to sink as low as she could. Now he’s insulting me…making fun of me for earlier. Yoroko started to tense up, as if she might cry. I…I can’t cry… Yoroko thought as she ducked under water to try and pull herself together. When she popped back up her face seemed more relaxed. “I’m not sure why you’re worried about that Westwood-Hei. You weren’t born wearing clothes, and nearly every person these days is familiar with basic human anatomy.” Yoroko said, trying to not think about what she believed to be Asher insulting her.

"Iss' just that way f'me. I always bathed by myself, so I had some kinda privacy." Asher said, not noticing how he was making her feel. He shrugged and went on, "Enough 'bout that, how's ya head? Y'looked pretty bad earlier."

Yoroko turned her back to Asher. Unable to hold the tears in anymore they began to flow down her cheeks. “I’m sorry, Westwood-Hei.” Yoroko said, sniffling before she spoke. Yoroko wished for nothing more than to be able to melt right then in there.

Asher's face twisted into confusion, he was unsure of what exactly he just did. He turned toward her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey! What's wrong, kid?" Asher asked, a little unsure if that was the right question.

Yoroko turned around to face Asher, though she kept her head looking down at the bathwater. “I’m sorry.” She managed to say between gasps for air. This day just can’t get any worse Yoroko thought not even wanting to chance a look over in Tom’s direction. “I’m sorry, it won’t happen again. I promise.” Yoroko said.

"Sorry? What are you talkin' about? Y'not in trouble, or somethin' like that!" Asher tried to explain. He brought a hand up to her chin and tried to tilt it upward so she'd see him face-to-face. He gave her a little smile, trying to make her feel better. "Now, tell me, wass' wrong?"

“I’m not in trouble?” Yoroko wimpered. Yoroko’s mind had been thrown into confusion when Asher had spoke. Why’d he bring those things up then? Why did he groan when he saw me? Yoroko wondered as she stood there looking up at the Yamataians face.

"Trouble? Hah! For what?" Asher began to laugh heartily, his body causing ripples in the water.

Yoroko’s face started to droop again. “For getting too hung over to be able to walk this morning.” Yoroko said in a quiet voice, the tears on her face had just started to dry. Yoroko didn’t like saying this out loud, especially when there was someone else in the room, but Asher had asked her a question. Yoroko only hoped that Tom couldn’t hear her speak.

"You kiddin'? I'm glad I wasn't tha' only one!" Asher laughed again. He shook his head, and smiled, "Kid, gettin' hungova' iss' a natural thing, I'm just glad I coulda' helped ya get to tha' Medbay l'right."

A feeling of relief washed through Yoroko’s body when she found out that Asher wasn’t mad at her. “Arigatou.” Yoroko said as pressed back up against the wall again, this time however her head still faced Asher. “I’m sorry for being such a problem.” Yoroko said.

"Ah, don't be sorry, kid." Asher winked, and then rested a little more into the water, down to his neck. "Ya shouldn't think ya a problem either, iss' unhealthy." He dived his head under again to warm him up. "Ya too beautiful t'be worryin'. Worry kills that beauty, yannow."

Yoroko blushed. Yoroko let herself slide a little deeper into the water, until her chin was just above the water line. I got all worked up over nothing… Yoroko thought before she looked back up at Asher. There was a certain…something about him. “Westwood-Hei, what kind of things do you like to do?” Yoroko asked, trying to shift the topic of the conversation away from her.

"Well... uh... shit... I'm up for juss' 'bout anything when it comes to somethin' t'do. I like goin' down to tha' firin' range, a good fight, war movies/comedies, and sometimes, a nice nap." Asher tried to explain, enjoying the warmth of the water as he went down for a moment. M'kay, I'm doin' good s'far... So I should... Uh... damn... I still have no fuckin' idea... Asher thought as he came back up.

So...in short he likes sleeping and fighting. Yoroko mused to herself. "I see." Yoroko said with a giggle. “You like a good fight? What kind? Fistfight, armor, duel…” Yoroko asked and listed off a few examples.

"Any kinda fight! I'll take what I get." Asher grinned.

“Sou desu ka” Yoroko said. “Perhaps we could spar sometime then. I enjoy sparring every now and then, it’s a good way to relieve stress.” Yoroko suggested. War movies or comedy… Yoroko pondered the two distinct styles of cinema. “Ne…Westwood-Hei, why do you like comedy and war movies. Don’t they kind of contradict each other? One serious while the other the exact opposite?” Yoroko asked.

"Well, I neva' thought'a that. Then again, yannow, I guess thass' why I watch'm. I get my serious watchin' outta' war movies n' I get mah' kicks outta comedies." Asher shrugged.

“It looks like we may have some free time today, what do you plan on doing?” Yoroko asked. What will I be doing? Yoroko wondered. I should get a gift for Ashitaka-Heisho, I disturbed his normal schedule and yelled at him. One for Westwood-Hei as well, he did catch me after all. But other than that what will I do.

"I didn't have any plans, I was just gonna' wing it and see where that took me." Asher shrugged

Yoroko chuckled a little. I’m not surprised. she thought to herself as she remembered the various times that she had seen Asher throughout the last 2 weeks. “I wouldn’t be able to do it, I hate not knowing things.” Yoroko laughed lightly as she spoke. “Doesn’t it ever bother you?” Yoroko asked.

"Not knowin' wass' gunna' happen? A little, I hate the creepin' feelin' that ya may be fucked if somethin' doesn't happen, but I try not ta' let things like that botha' me." Asher said confidently.

“Well, I think I’ve sat here and soaked for long enough.” Yoroko said after a few minutes. “I had better get started, otherwise I won’t be able to get half the stuff done I need to.” Yoroko said as she moved to get out of the water. In a few deft movements Yoroko was out of the baths and wrapping a towel around her body.

"Hey!" Asher said standing quickly out of the water and holding a hand up. "I was wonderin' if ya wanted t' yannow, go out n'uh... do somethin' t'day?"

After Yoroko had secured the first towel she bent over and grabbed a second, and began wrapping it around her hair. “Sure, what did you have in mind?” Yoroko asked.

"Eh, I dunno, maybe a lil' sparrin', maybe somethin' else if they let us off tha' ship." Asher shrugged, he himself got up to dry off.

Yoroko paused for a second as she checked her schedule, she had already made some minor modifications to it earlier, and after looking at it again there seemed to be some time open. “Sure, how’s 5 sound?” Yoroko asked.

"Sounds good." Asher grinned and gave her a thumbs up, "I'll see ya then."

“Un.” Yoroko said as she nodded her head in confirmation. Yoroko walked over to her locker and grabbed her stuff out of it before hurrying back to her room.

Asher walked over to his own locker and gathered his things. He then spiked goatee, properly messed his hair, and walked out of the baths to his own room. I still hate those fuckin' baths...

Seeing as Asher and Yoroko had vacated to the baths, Kai found the med bay to be lacking of their presense. Deciding he was hungry, Kai went and got himself some food from the kitchens, and wandered to the shuttle bay, munching on a warm, buttery bagel. He sat on the floor and waited for someone to show up.

His shower complete, Tom left the baths, changed into a new set of clothes, and left for Kyoto. He left in a hurry, not wanting to get caught up with anything before enjoying the time back home.

Once back in her room Yoroko quickly put on her uniform. Hmm, I think I'll need to head planet side in order to get the gifts. Yoroko thought as she headed out the door toward the shuttle bay. As Yoroko walked she arranged for a shuttle to take her planet side.

Moments later Yoroko walked into the shuttle bay and waved at Kai. "Hey Kai!" Yoroko said enthusiastically. "Why are you here?" Yoroko asked. I hope he doesn't remember this morning... Yoroko thought nervously as she approached him.

((Edit: I removed the 'motioning toward Kai's bagel bit, it was a fragment from a previous revision, sorry))

Sanjuro entered not far behind Yoroko, dressed rather sharply in an obsidian suit, stark red tie and shoes shined to glossy sheen. However, the face behind the slim, well-groomed exterior was still the same Sanjuro, ever the professional. The medical officer didn't acknowledge Yoroko or Kai as he entered; he merely walked over to the general area they had parked themselves and stood to wait himself.

Now, where had Masako been during all of this? She didn't have any alcohol the previous night so she hadn't received the dreaded hangover Asher and Yoroko were gifted. Yet, she hadn't awoken at her usual time for exercise routine.

The answer was to be found in her own quarters, which would have been described as a scene from a battlefield when it came to cleanliness. Several volumetric windows spread over the actual space of her room, most centering on her bed while others were spread out all over the place. Included in the clutter were datapads and pillows which covered the floor.

It seemed Masako had spent the majority of her night reading after the Party for both Yukari and Miyoko. Different courses and training programs could be found on the volumetric windows and datapads scattered around the room, though some information of stores and restaurants could have also been found among the clutter.

Torn between her own thoughts of expanding her experiences and her wish to present gifts, no matter how belated, to her XO and Miyoko, Masako seemed to have been researching both gifts for the two and possible careers to branch out into. But where was Masako in all this clutter?

On bed, of course, sleeping in quite a disheveled state. Her raven-black hair seemed to spread out everywhere over one of the two remaining pillows on her bed and her lingerie-clad body was twisted within her own satin sheets as she overslept quite soundly. It didn't seem like she would be waking up anytime soon.

Asher entered into the shuttle bay with grin on his face, the Hei felt good. He looked down at his current wearings and then back up at the people in the room. His goatee was spiked to a pinpoint, his hair was neat in it's ruffled way. He wore a simple white shirt tightly tucked into a pair of belted blue jeans. The icing on the cake was his dark gray jacket with orange flames rising up the back, front, and from the wrists of the sleeves; he wore it unzipped. His shoes were the same color, but the flames came down from the ankles.

Indeed the Hei was feeling good.

So, he obsered the patrons of the bay and found Yoroko talking to Kai and then Sanjuro all to his lonesome. He was about to make a start to Yoroko and Kai until he seemed almost inclined in Sanjuro's direction. He gave the rather well-dressed man an odd look.

Y'know... iss' a lil' strange f'a fella' t'juss' stay pretty cold t'tha crew. called out a thought in the back of Asher's head.

I say, he is a rather queer fellow, yes, but that usually means he's dangerous, yes? called out a different thought.

Oi! Confront'm! E's probablee' got sum' sekrets! called a third thought.

RAAAGGGHHHH, KILL HIM! called a very violent thought.

Asher considered these for a moment, and decided he agreed with the first three thoughts for now. He walked over to Sanjuro and waved to the man.

"Ey, how ya' doin', slick." He asked smoothly.

"Oh, nothing." Kai replied "I was just waiting for people to show up so I wouldn't have to be lost AND alone on planet. Plus I wanted to finish my bagel before I left" Kai said, pointing to said breakfast food. "What are YOU doing here?" he asked, in return, standing up as he did so.

Sanjuro didn't bother turning to meet Asher's greeting, continuing to stare blankly out into the bay. It was hard to tell what the solemn soul was thinking, what with that ever-present neutral expression. A few moments passed without a response...but after Asher moved close enough, Sanjuro acknowledged his question, shifting his weight onto his other foot slightly as he did so.

"I am fine."

Asher arched a brow at the man, then shoved his hands into his coat pockets. The Hei grunted loudly, signaling a bit of offence at Sanjuro's gesture. He pulled his hand out and scratched at the side of his own cheek, then returned his hand to his pocket.

"So, uh, ya think such a schnazzy dressa' be a little more social when it came to uh... anything?" Asher chuckled tasteless at him.

Still, not so much as a blink.

"I am social."

Good Lord, there might have even been a hint of indignity in the reply.

Asher pulled a hand and pointed a finger at Sanjuro.

"Well I think you're about as social as a fuckin' chair." He said, the Hei's brow lowered a little, annoyed. He turned away from him, and looked back over at Yoroko and Kai.

"Alright, smart guy, give me a joke if ya' so social."

"Alright, fine," Sanjuro replied. He took a moment to straighten his tie and clear his throat, glanced at the watch under his jacket sleeve, followed immediately by a deep breath and a short sigh.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back