• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP [Independent-plot] ISS Sobek

After helping Mileena carry Nikicon from the tight passage of the maintenance tunnel that she was working in and just making sure that the Snowshoe hare was breathing Dr Shinji looked over to Mileena and said that she was alive and was just out. Then after Holgi entered he stepped back and moved to go to his team members getting a report from each one on what the shape of the Ship was that they were inside. Getting a lot of garbled results and misleading readings from a lot of the tools they are using from the age of the craft they find themselves in he sighs some. "ok find the oldest records of the ship that identify the make and class of it and start to work on finding as much information that you can on it. Glancing over to Hogli, Miliina, and Nikicon as the two carry her from the engineering room and away from there he looks to Stan and asks " Does she get hurt a lot?" Stand shakes his head and says "new to crew, bunny do job good keeping Sobek running, smart bunny! " Then moves back to the passage and goes to look at things. " But knee kon young, and not well learned, mistakes happen pays for them she does. " comes Stans voice from the passage as the ship makes the jump into hyperspace.

More reading comes from the tools of the Yugumo Corp group and they record all the data that they can even if it makes a lot of sense to them now. Mardry works on the computer system seeking information that they are seeking on the make and class of the ship they are in and even what company made it. Tracing through years and even decades of reports, and history of the ship that she finds herself on now. Making little progress as they work into the late hours. Each member of the Research team taking down notes on certain systems of the Sobek all trying to find ways to fix, improve, and find all the damage from the passage of time as with to the aging powerplant that has been bandaged time and time again.

As Mileena's gaze briefly flickered towards Holgi as the Silabar began speaking, her greenish eyes flickering with uncertainty. She wasn't sure if Holgi was addressing her directly or speaking in general, but she opted to remain silent, choosing instead to convey her trust and admiration through her actions.

With a subtle nod of approval towards Holgi, Mileena refrained from interjecting, understanding that her input might not be necessary at this moment. As an engineer, she recognized the importance of Holgi's words regarding the issues plaguing the Engineering section of the ship. As Holgi delved into the intricacies of the ship's technical challenges, Mileena's response was swift and pragmatic. . "True, would be real bad, if we don't," Acknowledging the severity of the situation, she concurred with a sense of urgency tinged with caution. Her words carried a weight of responsibility, recognizing the potential hazards, such as the looming threat of carbon monoxide poisoning, that lurked within the confines of their workspace.

With a decisive pivot, Mileena turned to leave, her agile form moving with purpose. Despite her inclination to assist, she understood that her expertise was best utilized in addressing the imminent threats within the Engineering section. With determination etched into her features, Mileena set off to tackle the challenges ahead, her commitment to the safety of the ship and its crew unwavering.

As Mileena briskly made her way through the bustling corridors of the ship, her keen ears caught the sound of familiar voices mingling in conversation. Among them was Stan, a fellow crew member whose distinctive tone resonated with a blend of familiarity and urgency. Stan's voice carried snippets of discussion about Nikicon, piquing Mileena's curiosity momentarily. However, her attention remained steadfast on her objective—to return to the Engineering Section and address the pressing issues plaguing the ship. Despite the intrigue sparked by Stan's conversation, Mileena's focus was unwavering as she mentally prioritized the tasks at hand.

Amidst the chatter, she heard the distinct voice of Doctor Shinji, the ship's esteemed scientist, engaging in a discussion about the Snowshoe Hare Anthro. Mileena briefly registered the exchange, recognizing the significance of the conversation within the context of the ship's diverse crew and the scientific inquiries that often occupied their minds.

Yet, her determination to rectify the problems in the Engineering Section propelled her forward, overriding any lingering curiosity about the ongoing dialogue. With each purposeful step, Mileena reaffirmed her commitment to the safety and functionality of the ship, her resolve unyielding despite the distractions that surrounded her. As she approached the entrance to the Engineering Section, Mileena steeled herself for the challenges that awaited within. With a deep breath to steady her nerves, she pushed open the door, ready to confront whatever obstacles lay in her path with the expertise and determination befitting of a skilled engineer.

Somewhere in hyperspace
ISS Sobek
Dorsal bridge.

Lenna glanced over at the comms from Holgi and nodded, sending a response down to ask what had happened to Nikicon and if there was anything needed to help her out. She would have gone to her aid herself, but she felt it was best to stay on the bridge while in hyperspace. It would be a few more hours, but she never left the bridge while underway. The red-skinned alien's fingers moved deftly over the console as she made adjustments, however minor, to the ship's hyperspace drive and power systems, shifting power from system to system as needed to help steer and power the hyperspace drive through the multitude of small faults and surges that occurred as the aging craft jumped.

ISS Sobek
Engineering section.

Deep in the engine tunnel nearby, random sparks flew occasionally as Dr. Shinji looked on with Stan nearby, blocking access to the area. Dr. Shinji asked Stan if this was normal for the Sobek, and Stan nodded, stating that it wasn't safe to be in there due to the numerous sparks flying and that attempting to repair a short circuit by entering the area was not a good idea. Nikicon had already learned that lesson long ago, it was best to let the hyperdrive do its thing and repair it afterward.

Dr. Shinji shook his head, saying that was not good practice and not a way to run a starship. Stan simply shrugged his shoulders and replied that it was how they were forced to operate with the Sobek. "That's not good for business," he said. "We'll need to see about changing that and getting the Sobek back to running at 100% and not having to put on this show while underway." "That would be for the best, Doc," Stan said, "but it is what it is." He moved over to look at some consoles, adjusting a few things here and there as he went. Suddenly, a loud pop echoed through the engineering section, and everything went dark. The hyperspace drive remained at power but quickly came back online. Stan sighed, knowing that something had shorted out and would require a replacement part. He moved over to investigate the dark passageway that ran alongside the hyperspace drive.

ISS Sobek
Medical bay.

Nikicon's eyes flickered open as she began to regain consciousness. Her body was now covered in gauze and ointment placed by Ship Doctor Holgi. "Where am I?" Nikicon asked softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "What happened?"

Medical Bay

"Shocked by the ship. Some burn. But you okay." Holgi glanced over, but was a bit occupied by the biological sensor screens, concerned that Nikicon might have an allergic reaction to the painkillers. Her medical history was pretty incomplete, and it was worth remembering the rabbit was about as human as the nurse dragon was. There was no sign of heart arrhythmia or brain damage, anyway. "Please no move about too much. Only been about ten minutes. Your blood-skin need time to go solid."

"You may feel tingling next few weeks. Itching, sometimes. Holgi will give you cream." A placid, calming tone. They sat down and kept their distance, fixing their glasses, trying not to cause the same level of fear she apparently projected earlier. "Mee-leena taking a look at ship. Fixing hanging parts. Covering the danger. It's all fine. You can go rest in sleep-room, if want."

Captain Leena received a formal written report about the incident and the dangers involved, as well as Nikicon's current status. They reccommended at least a week's recovery, though they doubted that the ship would be allowed to operate without it's cheif engineer that long.

ISS Sobek
Engineering section.

The Fox Anthro, Mileena, strode through the Engineering Section of the starship ISS Sobek, her sharp mind already abuzz with thoughts that echoed some of Dr. Shinji's recent musings. She knew that certain aspects of the aging vessel needed attention—upgrades or even complete replacements of outdated technology. The ISS Sobek, despite its storied past and robust construction, showed signs of wear and tear that could no longer be ignored.

Her large, expressive ears twitched as she navigated through the maze of machinery and control panels. Every hum, click, and beep of the ship's systems conveyed valuable information to her attuned senses. As she assessed the various components, her thoughts kept returning to a possible solution that she had been reluctant to voice.

The idea of traveling to her hometown on Station Omacron loomed in her mind. It was a place rich with resources and advanced technology that could potentially bring the ISS Sobek up to date. She had grown up there (technically), immersed in the cutting-edge engineering environment that Omacron was renowned for. If any place could provide the necessary upgrades, it was Omacron. However, Mileena hesitated to suggest this course of action. Her departure from Omacron had been driven by a deep need to escape—to carve out her own path away from the constraints and expectations of her past. Returning there felt like a step backward, a potential trap that could pull her back into a life she had strived to leave behind.

Despite her reservations, the pragmatic side of Mileena acknowledged the advantages. The advanced technology and resources available at Omacron could be crucial in overhauling the ship’s aging systems. But the emotional weight of her history there was a significant barrier. Determined to push these conflicting thoughts aside for now, Mileena focused on the immediate task at hand. She moved with practiced efficiency, diagnosing issues and applying her technical skills to stabilize the Engineering Section. There were coolant leaks to seal, power conduits to realign, and diagnostic programs to run.

Her mind kept wandering back to the idea of Omacron, weighing the pros and cons. She knew she would have to make a decision soon. For now, she concentrated on making the ISS Sobek as safe and functional as possible with the tools and materials at hand, leaving the bigger decisions for a later time. As she worked, Mileena couldn’t help but feel a pang of nostalgia mixed with trepidation. The path forward was uncertain, but her dedication to her crew and the mission was unwavering. Whatever it took, she would ensure the ISS Sobek continued to sail through the stars, a testament to both its storied past and its potential for the future.

Somewhere in hyperspace
ISS Sobek
Medical bay

Nikicon looked over at Holgi as she spoke, then down at herself to see if she was still covered in fur. She sighed and asked, "Were most of the burns along a grounding wire I installed into my suit, or were you able to tell?" Nikicon remained still except for her chest rising and falling, and the twitch of an ear. "The Sobek has been very faulty lately, and I've been getting shocked a little more as I work on him. I hope that the team from Yugumo Corporation will be able to fix the Sobek."

Hearing Holgi move over and sit down, polishing her glasses, Nikicon then nods. The snowshoe hare does not look to be stressed out by her presence at the moment and nods some. "I'll rest for a day or two, but I really need to be in there helping the team. I'll not do anything heavy; I'll have someone else do it. I just want to be there to let them know what I've done to keep the ship going, and what is broken. Will that be acceptable, Doc?" Leaning back and looking up she sighs deeply, before looking over and smiling warmly, "Thanks, Holgi, for taking care of me."

ISS Sobek
Dorsal Bridge

Lenna read over the report from Holgi and nodded as she read. She took notice that Nikicon would need to rest to recover from what looked to be a severe shock. Lenna nodded again and said, "Looks like Sobek shocked the hell out of Nikicon once more. This is not getting good; we need to fix this ship and not keep hoping it will make it to the next destination. But we can't stop and have it overhauled at any old shipyard, and I don't want to give it up for another ship as this is a perfect armed transport." Lenna looked over at Zeck and then said, "Do you have any thoughts?"

Zeck looked at the console for a while, her fingers dancing over the screen and keys as she made adjustments and calibrations on the ship. She then slowed and tilted her head to look back at Lenna, saying, "I'm not sure, Ship is not in a database, and the same with the tech that's on it. Nikicon has done a lot of good in keeping the Sobek running, but we might need to think about the worst-case scenario."

Lenna nodded and said, "I'll put the ship into a shipyard for an overhaul before I get a new one. I mean, I would already have it in one if it wasn't for the cost that it will take to have it done, as with all the upgrades that are needed. I don't even want to think about the cost that's going to be needed to have such a thing done to the Sobek."

ISS Sobek
Engineering Room

The group from Yugumo moved about the room as they read devices and took in readings, the power dropping twice more before the call from the bridge came up. Stan nodded and then moved to get ready to enable the drives once more to push the Sobek to the station they were heading to.

Dropping from hyperspace was uneventful as the drive powers down without a fireworks show, and then drives kicked in once more and began to operate as they should, power levels appeared to be going well, except for the lower-than-normal levels due to the damaged main reactor. But that was holding steady for now.

HX-17 System
ISS Sobek

In the darkness of space, a blue line appeared, then started to open, growing taller as a blue window started to form in the darkness. The blue window started to move backward as a craft started to emerge from the blueness of the odd window. Once the entire craft emerged, that window stopped and then started to close. Once it shut down, it faded away just as quickly as it appeared. The old craft's aft lights up as powerful yet old drives fired and started to push the old craft forward. In the distance, was a space station that appeared to be where the old craft was heading towards.

Last edited:
Mileena

Mileena soon moved from her current workstation, her tail swaying gracefully behind her with each step. Navigating the crowded Engineering Section required a delicate balance, and she periodically reached back with a practiced motion to ensure her tail didn't bump into any crew members or get stepped on. Her movements were fluid and precise, a testament to her experience working in close quarters.

As she continued her tasks, Mileena's eyes caught a glimpse of the vast expanse outside the ship through a nearby viewport. The stars had shifted, and she realized that the ISS Sobek had exited Hyperspace. The familiar constellations and the tranquil darkness of space greeted her, offering a brief but welcome moment of serenity amidst the hustle of her engineering duties.

She allowed herself a brief pause to admire the view, the quiet beauty of space serving as a reminder of the larger mission and the endless possibilities that lay ahead. This moment of reflection was short-lived, as her sense of duty quickly pulled her back to the task at hand.

Checking her work one last time, Mileena ensured that all systems were stable and that any critical repairs were complete. Satisfied with her efforts, she decided it was time to take a well-deserved break. Her stomach growled softly, reminding her that she hadn't eaten in hours. With a final glance around the Engineering Section, she made her way towards the exit, weaving through the organized chaos of machinery and personnel. Her steps were light but purposeful, driven by a mix of hunger and the need to recharge.

Leaving the Engineering Section, Mileena navigated the familiar corridors of the ISS Sobek, her thoughts momentarily shifting from technical schematics and repair protocols to the simple pleasures of a meal and a drink. The aroma of food grew stronger as she approached the mess hall, promising a reprieve from the rigorous demands of her role.

Entering the mess hall, Mileena scanned the room, noting the presence of other crew members relaxing and sharing stories of their day. She selected a quiet corner and grabbed a tray, filling it with a balanced selection of food and a refreshing drink. Sitting down, she allowed herself to relax, her mind still buzzing with thoughts of Omacron and the potential upgrades for the ISS Sobek, but for now, she focused on the moment, enjoying the simple satisfaction of a meal after a hard day's work.

Cyberspace

Mercury's face and chest ached, organic concerns threatening to destabilize the delicate work she was performing in her mind's digital eye. The only thing that could save her body from cell degradation was expensive gene therapy and surgery, and so here she was, accepting technical work on some criminal-affiliated freighter from gods knew where...

It sucked having to work with this kind of headache. But constructing a codec to translate an alien AI's root structure, that was child's play to real, bonna fide Voidborn, right?

Slowly, surely, the pieces slotted into place, and she began to see the picture... An angry combat AI, repaired and twisted a thousand times... Growing angrier and angrier about the state of its own 'body'...

Mess Hall

Mileena thought they were going to get a peaceful dinner and a sit down, but their spot was taken up by somebody truly strange instead.

Cross-legged as if praying, a small pale humanoid was perched upon the metal bench. Eyes closed, face obscured by a metal cowl, they had dozens of cords and cables connected directly to their skull, snaking in and out of a plume of glimmering silver hair. Keyboards, data terminals, even old fashioned printers, twitching and beeping with a musical clatter, further wired into a missing panel on the red-chipped wall.

Turning and opening their fetchingly mismatched green-red eyes, the occult technician regarded the fox girl with a pleasant, docile gaze, as if waking from a mirthful dream where they were both best friends.

fetch.php

"...Oh... I've never seen you in meatspace before, Miss Mileena... I didn't realize you were a cyborg too? That's interesting..." Their infra-red gaze split the secret wide open, though the girl was clearly hoping to gain a little kinship from the fact. Their voice was raspy because of the mask, but somehow also wispy, polite and cherishing. "...I am glad to hear that Nikicon is alright... However, I fear that approaching this problem purely from a mechanical standpoint, may be where she was going wrong..."

Another couple of keystrokes. A questioning look upwards... The relays thudded again, and the lights flickered...

On the bridge, the pilot suddenly found the controls much more responsive. They could reorient themselves much more easily, and get to the station faster now.

"...Oh, I am sorry... My name is... Mercury Three Three... Technical support team member A-three-six..." She extended a metal gauntlet to shake hands, dainty in posture with the palm downwards, despite the boxy joints and literal spiked knuckledusters built in. "It is my... very great pleasure... to meet you...~..."

((Edit; )) Medical Bay

"The wire?..." Holgi considered, rooting though Nikicon's discarded clothes, still sitting on a side trolley. They found that the safegaurd had actually burnt it's way half out of the suit, probably saving the rabbit from the worst of the damage, in hindsight. "Did... You actually know what... Electric-pace that was?... Still dangerous..."

"Two weeks- Ob-ser-va-tion!" The dragon decided to add, deciding that the captain would probably order that sort of action, even if the nurse asked the engineer to rest. The ship was in a bad way, and it was important to get over that, or they'd all have problems. "Any brain-spasm, any heart-thudding, you report, hurm? Nurse Holgi does not want see more hurt."

Last edited:
HX-17 System
ISS Sobek
Dorsal Bridge

Lenna got the report from the doctor and then nodded sending back a message that she would like to speak to Nikicon when she was released from Medbay. Looking up at Zeck she says "Looks like Nikicon will be out of action for working in Engineering for a little while to heal. Didn't we hire some other people that might be able to work on the craft?" Zeck nods and then says "Yes I think we did have a few that were hired on. On that topic, a few reverse thrusters have been enabled and we are starting to slow at a more manageable pace, I've increased our approach speed to compensate " Lenna nods and then says "Keep it on the easy side just in case it goes out once more. " Zeck nods and then says " Don't worry I've not pointed directly at Detritus station so if it goes out we will slide right past it." Lenna nods and then says "Ok good." Lenna flips on the coms and then stays "Good day Detritus station this is ISS Sobek on approach requesting docking clearance, Captain Fuji speaking. "

There was a moment of delay as Lenna waited for a response. Hearing the response from the station Lenna nods to herself and nods to Zeck as she smiles "You heard that 2500meters slow to docking speeds. " Zeck nods and then says "I see traffic approaching and will maneuver to avoid." Lenna nods some and then says "Steady as he goes Zeck, and dock once we are there."

ISS Sobek
Medical bay

Nikicon nods some and then says "That is why it was in there, in case I became a short to ground. Since I am forced to work on the craft with power on, It's not how I want to fix the craft. But we are doing our best with what we have. " looking down at herself as she was wearing nothing for clothing over her furry form as she sighed. Groans softly as she moves to sit up and puts her feet and paws on the floor. " Otherwise I am good to go right doc?" the hare smiles weakly as she attempts to stand up unless Hogi stops her. She seems to be steady, but wobblies a little. "Yes yes If I feel any of them I will stop and come back here, or call you ASAP!"

HX-17 System
Detritus staition

The frigate is approaching Detritus station, the aft thrusters powering down and maneuvering thrusters fire randomly all over to keep the craft on target and slow down some and there are quite a few craft approaching or leaving the station. "ISS Sobek, Captain Fuji, Approach station align and dock at port X15, please observe docking speed within 2500meter. Outbound traffic will pass within 5000 meters of ISS Sobek, they have the right of way please yield if needed."

Last edited:
HX-17 System
Detritus Station

D3 was scooting around in a small market like area in the Station, delivering packages for people in the market like are, it was one of the little odd jobs she did to earn a bit of money as she still had no stable employment but there was always people looking to pay for some simple leg work especially in a port. Currently she was carrying an armful of packages and scooting by the small shops that some people set up in the station for business dropping off the parcel for them, the contents of the parcels she had no clue about all she knew was she was getting money in exchange and she was asked to do the job.

With each parcel delivered she earned just a but more money, and she was expecting a payment from having helped the station itself with a few situations where her modified ship had been handy, though they were holding her payment till she decided to leave in case they needed to use her services again, and that made sense to D3, why pay now when they could pay after the job is fully done and you know you won't be able to use the service again?

Regardless she finished her deliveries when a worker of the station walked up to her "D3 We have a ship coming in record and scans shows it's a bit of a junker... we need you ready to head out if they need assistance with docking. Can we assume the same charge as with the other situations?"

D3 looked up at the man and nodded rapidly at the question before giving a thumbs up, the man unable to help himself and he smiled back "thanks D3 ships Ident is already sent to your ship" he then headed off as D3 scooted away to the hanger to prepare her ship.

Getting to the hangar she got into her Modified Wayfarer-Class Shuttle, and started to power it up and get ready for clearance if she is indeed needed to help the ship dock.

HX-17 System
ISS Sobek
Mess Hall

Mileena blinked in surprise when she saw her usual spot in the mess hall occupied by someone else. The newcomer appeared to be a cyborg, their mechanical augmentations catching the light in a way that made them stand out even among the diverse crew of the ISS Sobek. As she observed more closely, Mileena realized that the individual was voidborn—a member of the freespacers faction. She had heard stories about how the freespacers had been nearly eradicated by the Yamatai Star Empire, but clearly, there were survivors.

With her curiosity piqued, Mileena approached and decided to sit across from the voidborn cyborg. She studied the intricate cybernetic enhancements and considered the unique capabilities they might possess.

"Miss Mileena, I've never been called that before," she remarked with a hint of amusement in her calm tone, noting the formal address that felt oddly out of place in the casual setting of the mess hall. "And you can see my cybernetic parts, so your optics have infrared capability then, or perhaps more." She settled into her seat, her curiosity evident as she continued to analyze the voidborn cyborg's enhancements. Mileena's mind briefly wandered to the potential applications of such technology in her engineering work. Despite the many questions swirling in her head, she maintained a composed demeanor, focusing on the meal before her and the intriguing conversation that had just begun.

Mileena lifted her furry hand to shake the cyborg's own, noting the intricate design and functionality of the cybernetic limb. "I'm pleased to meet you as well," she said, her voice warm and welcoming. "I'm glad that we can get someone like you to help us." She gave Mercury Three Three a genuine smile, appreciating the addition of such a skilled technical support team member to the crew. "Your expertise will be invaluable here," she continued, her tone reflecting both respect and optimism. "There's always something in need of fixing or upgrading on the ISS Sobek, and having someone with your capabilities is a great asset."

Mileena's eyes briefly flicked to Mercury's cybernetic enhancements again, her curiosity piqued. "Your modifications are impressive," she noted, her voice filled with admiration. "I can only imagine the kind of advanced systems you're capable of working with. It'll be interesting to see what we can achieve together." She leaned back slightly, still maintaining eye contact with Mercury. "It's always a challenge to keep an older vessel like this running smoothly, but with your help, I have no doubt we'll be able to overcome any obstacles we encounter."

Mileena felt a renewed sense of hope and determination. "I'm looking forward to collaborating with you. There's so much we can learn from each other, and I believe we'll make a great team."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back