Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP [Independent-plot] ISS Sobek

HX-17 System
ISS Sobek
Ramp

Millena began doing the fox anthro version of a blush reaction as she heard Mercury's comment about her Geist interface being gorgeous. Her ears perked up slightly, and a warm flush spread across her cheeks. She felt a flutter of appreciation for the compliment, despite her usual modesty about her cybernetic enhancements.

Holding up the pad she was suddenly holding, Mileena turned the screen to face Mercury and Nikicon, revealing the previously mentioned Wayfarer ship. "I'm glad that you're unharmed, and I hope you follow the doctor's orders," she said with a playful but sincere tone. "If I have to, I will bind your arms to a chair or bed," she added, teasing Nikicon good-naturedly but with an undercurrent of genuine concern.

As she continued to examine the pad, Mileena pushed a button and gasped. "Oh! One of them is here too?!" she exclaimed, her eyes widening in surprise. On the screen, outside of the Sobek, a member of the D3 species was visible. Her initial shock quickly gave way to a broad smile, indicating that she had encountered one of the D3 before and was pleased to see them again.

Mileena's mind raced with the implications of this unexpected arrival. The D3 species was known for their helpfulness; at least, the ones she'd encountered had been incredibly supportive and resourceful. "I'll vouch for them, certainly," she said confidently, glancing at Mercury and Nikicon. "They are super helpful; they helped me before."

Her voice carried a tone of certainty and trust as she began composing a message on her pad. She quickly detailed her positive experiences with the D3 species, emphasizing their reliability and the valuable assistance they had provided her in the past. After typing out her message, Mileena sent it to Lenna, vouching for the newcomer. She hoped this would smooth the way for their integration into the crew. The midway point of the ship's ramp was the designated location for meeting new arrivals, so she headed there to greet the D3 member personally.

As she walked through the corridors of the ISS Sobek, Mileena couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. The potential contributions from the D3 species, combined with Mercury's expertise, promised a new chapter of growth and capability for their mission. She arrived at the ramp and saw the D3 individual, their form immediately recognizable and comforting.

With a welcoming smile, Mileena extended her hand. "Welcome aboard," she said warmly. "I'm Mileena. It's great to see you again. Though we might not have met personally, I am familiar with your species. I've already told the captain that I vouch for you. Members of your species have helped me before, and I owe them a debt of gratitude."

As she stood on the ramp waiting for anyone from the crew to come see her, as was only polite of course, D3 Looked over the ship once more, it seemed it was well armed but was a cargo ship, handy given the frequency of pirates going for lesser armed or unarmed cargo ships, though the ship did look like it had gone through the wringer a few times then again the same could be said for her ship it was a junkyard rescue after all and she and Thad had managed to get it up and working again, but it clearly had the hallmarks or a ship that had seen a lot.

Then someone emerged from the ship and the look on their face seemed that she recognized her and this caused D3 to blink a bit before the woman walked up to her and held out her hand in greeting, and she mentioned seeing her again and D3 blinked a few times, only for the anthro woman to finish her greeting and D3 nodded a bit, this woman seemed to be rather observant if she spotted her kind before, few seemed able to identify them simply because they tended to adapt to places they worked, considering what the woman, Mileena, said it seemed her kind helped her before and D3 gave a thumbs up before shaking her hand.

Seems she was already vouched for, though to make sure there was no misunderstanding she hit the repeat button on her com pad to replay the written message to Mileena "Greetings Good Sir and or Madam.... That's YOU!... I am D3 Also known By my given name of Yoshimi, and Several Nicknames, Scrappy, and Yosh or Mi for the short version of my given name. I am currently Temporarily employed by the Detritus Station, As a Dockhand and Tug Pilot! Though my current contract is of a Temporary nature please know that I am trustworthy with your Cargo and if you wish to confirm this information please contact Dock Security and ask About D3!".

With the message repeated she quickly wrote a new message on the pad "By the way yes I am available to hire if your ship is looking for additional crew, I have my own ship if required, the Modified Wayfarer just over there in fact, It had been outfitted to be useful as a heavy fighter as well as an emergency tug if needed. Also thank you for vouching for me with the captain, I was not Expecting to meet someone that was familiar with my kind as many do not notice us, I am glad they helped you though whatever problem you have had, and if your captain does decide to hire me I hope I can be helpful to you all as well"

With that greeting Done She reached into her backpack and took out a D3 grown Tomato, the think was the size of a small Pumpkin and she entered a new message into Com device for Mileena to read "Please accept this Greeting and thankyou Tomato for vouching for me, and for the meeting again of someone that my kind has helped before!" the Heafty fruit was given to the Anthro woman and D3 gave another Thumbs up.

HX-17 System
ISS Sobek
Dom's Quarters

With a groan, a now-awake Dom reached out to swat at the evil device making the infernal racket that had so rudely dragged him from his much-needed sleep. Once the ship's power issues had been fixed, he'd had to organise the proper re-stowing of all the parasite vehicles the crew had rapidly unplugged from the Sobek. That of course had led to another half-dozen issues which had needed fixing and by the time all that had been dealt with, Dom had been several hours passed the nominal end of his shift and he'd crashed out hard.

Stumbling across his cabin, Dom spent a few minutes on his ablutions before changing in to a new work outfit and gathering his personal effects. Hearing the announcement of shore leave on Detritus Station, the human nodded to himself and began making his way towards the cargo bay to check in with Sa'Dor. Then, his stomach rumbled and Dom smoothly did an about-face to head for the nearest galley instead. "Food first, then work." Surely someone would call him if he was needed and, as long as that summon came in only after Dom had consumed several cups of industrial-strength coffee, then he would deal.

"Hmmmm, coffee." Dom muttered to himself giddily, wondering if there was any badness in existence that wasn't lessened with sufficient volumes of the dark-roasted nectar. With the promise of coffee in his heart, Dom hummed a ditty to himself as he walked, his steps already lightened.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back