• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Bounty Hunts [Interlude 2] Interviews 2: Interview Harder

Foxtrot 813

Prettiest Member
Inactive Member
====Maharombi Spaceport - Downtown Rooftops - Afternoon====

Standing on the edge of the building and staring down at the traffic below, Desmond endured the Delsaurian sun as best as he could. Although the bouty hunter had been on the planet for quite some time he wasn't convinced that anyone acclimated to a place such as Delsauria, not unless they were born there and had scales instead of skin.

Anyone who wasn't familiar with the climate would think he was also crazy, wearing his jacket, sweater and pants in the heat (bodyarmor not withstanding), but for anyone else familiar with deserts such a thing wouldn't be too uncommon: The external heat was bigger than his own body temperature, so he had to keep himself insulated from it as he could.

With one hand reaching up to shield his mouth, the bounty hunter started to light another cigarette as he waited for his next contact to appear.

The hatch through which Desmond had made his way onto the roof opened again, being gently set down as to not make any undue noise. The next noise was odd, sounding like some sort of hard, semi-hollow object being shoved through and then dropped a couple inches to the rooftop.

next, came the object's owner, a tan-skinned woman with blue hair, streaked with orange near the tips. She was built lean and bordering on toned, though she showed no signs of obvious musculature, and she wore what appeared to be a very large bracelet on her left wrist. Her attire consisted of very simple clothing, a white T-shirt and a pair of denim shorts, finished off with brown leather hiking boots. She picked up this object; a Suitcase, and then addressed the heavily-clad man whom had been waiting on the rooftop.

"Are you a Mister Stroud?" she asked, quite politely, holding the suitcase in front of herself at the knees, allowing it to hang just off the ground.

"Who wants to know?" Came the reply as Desmond slowly turned around, one hand casually resting next to the pistol holster on his chest. He stopped right after he saw the person he was addressing, though, and stared at her with some degree of bewilderment.

"You sure you're in the right place?" He asked.

"My name is Tannozako," the woman answered Desmond's first question. "I Recieved a message that a Mister Desmond Stroud required assistance on a job of some scale." Tannozako continued to look at desmond, holding almost perfectly still, aside from the slight rhythmic pulsations of a body that was breathing.

Desmond stepped down from the ledge, exhaling the smoke from the cigarette as he did so. He regaded the new arrival for another moment and he took yet another drag of his death-stick, "You don't look the sort." He said after a while.

The Blue-haired young woman cocked her head to one side at that, taking a moment before responding. "Looks have very little to do with it, Sir. I assure you that I am quite capable." She set down her suitcase, and then reached into her back pocket, pulling out a small pistol, which she held, Barrel up, finger off the trigger.

"Don't I know." Desmond replied.

"And I am armed, though my specialty is unarmed combat."

"Right," he said, pausing for a second, "you know the people we'll be killing won't wait for you to get within melee range, right?" He asked, resting one hand on his hips.

Tannozako shrugged, putting the Compact 10mm handgun back into her pocket, before lifting her suitcase once more, and approaching Desmond. She held out the large box of personal effects, with one of her slender arms, to roughly chest-level on the bounty hunter.

"Please, hold this for a moment, then." she requested, and Desmond cautiously extended one arm to grab the suitcase.

Just as he did so, and her grip left the suitcase, his arm went down when he was carrying the weight alone. The bounty hunter grunted, widening his legs to balance himself as he set the suitcase down on the floor. "The hell are you carrying in this?" He asked after a while, staring at the woman.

Tannozako gingerly picked up the suitcase, carrying it in front of her knees as before. "There are currently Five hundred and ninety rounds of 10mmKZ, along with my personal effects, in this suitcase," she stated simply, as if it were a non-issue. "I currently have no home, so I must take everything with me."

"You're packing light," he replied, standing up straight again and looking back at the woman. This was just getting better by the minute. "I would say you're a cat, but you don't have the ears. Anyway, you've got the job; I had already made my mind the moment I contacted you," he added.

Tannozako Nodded. "I am indeed not a Cat, Nor am I a Nekovalkyrja, which is what I assume you meant," she clarified. "Will you be disseminating further information on the job now, or shall you contact me later?" The young woman asked, curious to know at least a little bit more about the job.

"I'll contact you again. I can't tell when the job is going to be or get into detail about it for obvious reasons, but I'll tell you this," he said, raising a finger level with his face, "It's gonna be big. You'll also work with other people, so I hope you don't have a problem with that." He added.

"I shall not have any problems with workign with others. However, I cannot account for how others will react to me. So long as we both hold our ends of the deal, there should'nt be any issues." Tannozako bowed gently, bidding the Bounty Hunter Adieu. "I shall take my leave. Do not be afraid to contact me at any time, I am always able to accept communications."

With that, she turned, showing off a second compact pistol, one in each pocket, before making her way down the access hatch, and dissappearing into the Delsaurian cityscape below.

=== Later===

The constant sound of vehicles honking and traffic was like a background tune, while the merciless Delsaurian sun cast itself against the surface of the rooftop. The heat was so palpable that anything in the distance was distorted because of it, but for anyone who stood on the planet long enough the climate became became par for the course. What really got anyone worrying, though, like in any other Nepleslian planet, were the inhabitants. For someone like Desmond that was the case.

The square rooftop he was standing on was located on top of a residential building, which was at least ten stories high. The building was located fairly close to the spaceport, so in addition to the heavy traffic, the sight of a spaceship going towards or out of the plateau on top of the cliff-face was not uncommon, and for someone like him who liked such things so much, that was a good place as any for sinking time or, in that particular case, planning things.

He stood on the ledge of the rooftop, staring at the spaceport and with his back turned towards the maintenance access. Despite the heat, he still wore his gray jacket and black sweater, because the outside temperature of the place was bigger than his own body temperature; A basic thing for living in a desert that many people often overlooked, including the hunter himself once. In addition to the regular attire, he had ditched his Muur in place for the much more simple Everyday vest with the durandium plates. The back plate of the vest was still obscenely bent from the shot it had stopped

He casually flicked his lighter off, stashing the object on one of his leg pockets as he waited for the next contact to approach.

Desmond could hear the sound of foosteps behind him from the maintenance hatch. They sounded light, almost inaudible, like they were walking barefoot. They only knew to come here because a call had been sent out and this was the meeting place. This particular hunter that Desmond had enlisted had chartered their way here to Delsauria, when they were operating in cooler climates. It didn't stop his head from staying cool despite the sweltering heat.

"Mr. Stroud?" they asked. The man's voice sounded Nepleslian, bordering on Yamataian - maybe a Nepleslian/Geshrin mulato, uncharacteristically light and soft.

The bounty hunter spun his head around to regard the man, half turning to see him. From where he was, he could see that Desmond had one hand resting against the pistol holstered on his vest. "Who wants to know?" He asked, eyes squinted in almost a scowl.

"I do," the man replied back. He stood at a small five foot nine, and looked willowy. Two blue eyes stared back at him with a small nose and thin mouth, sandy blonde hair was trimmed into a neat mullet, his honest-looking face framed by a neatly trimmed chinstrap beard. The clothes he was wearing seemed to have been scavenged from a yard sale, but it wasn't just his clothes that were interesting.

His hands were resting against his sides, and they seemed to be encased in some manner of skin suit. The strange looking suit was also there on his neck, ending just beneath his chin and stretching beneath his clothing, possibly covering his whole body. He was carrying a long, jet black attache case that seemed to absorb all of the light that touched it.

"I saw a message," he explained plainly.

"I figured." Desmond replied, letting the hand resting near the holster drop as he casually scratched the stubble on his right cheek. Once he noticed the... Youthfulness of the other bounty hunter he almost wanted to ask if he was really in the right business, but knowning people like Amanozake just showed him how appearances could be deceiving.

He turned from the ledge and slowly walked towards the new arrival, "You know my name, but I don't know yours." Desmond added.

"Danny," he replied. "I work for an Urban Search & Rescue company in Nepleslia." The Nepleslian definition of the occupation broadened to include infiltration and extraction, scoping buildings as well as quiet takeovers.

"Right." Desmond said, smirking at the 'search and rescue' part. He didn't really mind where they came from, as long as they did the job right.

He rolled his neck gently and placed the attache case down by his side, then opened his vest and shirt, revealing the matte, carbon-fibre like navy surface of his skinsuit. It appeared to cover his body in its entirety, save for the head. "I occasionally take special orders from select clients." He couldn't name names, but Origin Industries and Lazarus were the most notable.

He bent down to open the case and held up a mesh webbing laden with gear, and put it over his shoulders and around his waist, adhering like it was a part of him. Desmond could also see a blade at least four feet long resting inside the opened attache case too, a pistol with a suppressor and some spare magazines. Spaces for them were available on the mesh.

The way he seemed perfectly serene with this was unnerving, as his lower half was still clothed normally, but his entirety save for his face was consumed by this suit.

"Well at least you brought your own stuff." Desmond said, letting out a puff of smoke as he finished his cigarette. While he didn't seem phased by the display, he had been paying close attention to it, impressed by the tech. The bounty hunter flicked the butt away, down into the streets. "You smoke?" Danny shook his head.

"Yeah, you yammies never do." He said, smirking again and fishing for another deathstick. "I take it you don't know much about the job then?" He asked. He did a good job of not telling much about it to anyone except Kendra. There was also Raven and Amanozako, who helped pave the way there.

"Only that there is a job," Danny replied in earnest. As he stood up, he put his thumbs to either side of his pants and stripped them down, leaving his clothes in the attache case. He reached beneath the clothing to draw the sheathed Katana and put it by his side. He then closed the case and left it there.

"If you could tell me the details now, I'd appreciate it. If you can't immediately because of security, I understand." Danny seemed to be standing in front of Desmond practically naked, only a skin and that Katana and a dinky pistol to protect him, without much in the way of armour. Compared to Desmond, he was made of paper. "Is there a rendezvous point?"

"Shit. We don't even know each-other and we're already at this stage?" Desmond said. Although his tone was neutral, it was pretty clear he was joking. He was back to business in a second, though, "The job is simple, we get in, kill everyone and then get out. I heard you're pretty good with tracking people, and that's good because there might be stragglers who will need to be fished out."

"I'm not sure where you'll be staying, but I already took measures to contact everyone who will be taking part of this in a few days. While I can't tell you much about it for obvious reasons, I can tell you this: It's a big place with lots of people." He added, remembering the details of the place during his little scouting trip there with Raven.

"But you won't be going on the big assault, I want you to sneak through the back with me. Got it?" He said lastly to Danny.

Danny nodded back. "I understand. I try to keep things non-lethal and I admit that head-on I am ill equipped," he said. There appeared to be a pair of concussive flash grenades on his mesh webbing and a collapsible stunning baton by his side, above the Katana.

"In the aftermath I will try to lead you to runners, and I'll let you do as you will." He way he stood upright to Desmond seemed to show that there was nothing to hide, nothing to conceal - the most open form of naked trust. "If, however, push comes to shove or they have armour," he rested his hand gently against the hilt of the Katana, thumbing the pommel.

"I am Nepleslian, by the way," he assured, though his meek voice and odd accent twinge, perhaps Lorath or Yamataian underscored his tone. Maybe it was the contacts in his training and sponsorship that bought it out and flavoured his vernacular.

"You don't sound like it." Desmond noted, "Whatever. I also figure the coppers would like some of those guys alive anyway, it looks bad if there's only corpses. And everyone else seems to have their murderboners on anyway, so that might just be useful. Nice blade by the way, is it for opening letters?" He remarked, smirking again.

"Metal, stone, flesh, unruly beards, bills," Danny shrugged, returning the smirk, "It works," he said as his gaze traveled down towards Desmond's own machete. "Yours looks more rugged and practical though."

"It helps." Desmond stated with an unlit cigarette plucked between his lips. He had only used it once so far, and because he needed to be quiet. The results were pretty devastating, though, his weapon was a meat cleaver compared to the finesse of Danny's. The bounty hunter covered his mouth to light his deathstick on, then regarded Danny again.

"Anything else you wanna ask?" He added.

Danny shook his head, then yawned and stretched, putting his arms up and arching his back. "Not at the moment. Just an observation." He seemed to be bending backwards further than the average Nepleslian was capable of casually, "I've heard Delsauria has some wild weather." His hips were moving forward to balance the altered centre of gravity. He could've grabbed the back of his calves for support if he bent further. "I saw photographs of the glass hail. It's a..." he bent back upright, hair flicking gently in the breeze, "breathtaking sight."

"You're gonna be disappointed then, we're not even near the season where that happens." Desmond said, regarding the show of contortionism without any visible reaction. He took a deep drag of his cigarette after that, turning his head around to see yet another spaceship departing from the spaceport in the distance. "You were also the last guy I was supposed to be meeting, so I'll be going. I can't stand this heat any longer."

"It is quite hot, yeah." Danny observed with a puff, dabbing his brow for sweat and letting the fluid wicking of his suit absorb it. He picked up his attache case and bowed to Desmond. "Take care, Mr. Stroud." He smiled, "I will be seeing you."

With a casual wave, Desmond walked away, he still had things to wrap up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back