Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Interlude 2] - We know what we want

Ori-Mart

Shayla let out a whistle as she followed the others in. "Looks like you could buy just about anything here. Guess I missed the shopping revolution durin' my vacation." For how excited she was for the trip, Tamamo seemed a bit hesitant now that they were here. "Eh, what's wrong kid? Oh, right..." She snickered. "Alright Hei, here's your orders. Requisition the following supplies...well, their civilian equivalents, I guess." Shayla transferred the relevant lists to the young Neko, before realizing they had more than clothes and shampoo on them.

"Er, and we've got more than enough guns and electronics and crap. Just don't check out until me and Go-chan here have had a chance to...inspect everything." She expected the eager Neko would disappear in a flash, so Shayla turned towards Zeta to see if she had any specific items to shop for.

Sargasso, Ori-Mart
"Zeta!" David Takeyama, the proprietor of the Sargasso branch of Ori-Mart recognised the woman instantly from when she was sticking around with Luca and company. A Yamataian man with blonde hair, some stubble, and a ponytail who wore his Origin Industries representative uniform loose and open to deal with the Sargasso heat. His face was round and pleasant, blue eyes ready to give whoever came in service with a winning smile. "How are you doing, out shopping with your ladyfriends?"

The Ori-Mart here in Sargasso operated a little differently to the standard Ori-Mart. In front of the clean interior was a message stating: "We do not sell guns here. If you would like to buy Origin-made guns and more, go talk to Karl across the road. Hugs and kisses, Dave." Indeed, just across the road, the front window of Karl's Threepenny Bullets was a line of clean, polished ODM 10mm pistols taking up an entire display rack. They were being sold for 200 KS each, with an extra magazine and 20 rounds of 10x25mm for free. Many more deals were inside the gun shop.

Origin toiletries were pleasant to use, and modelled off of the Yamataian standard issue. With newer versions of Nekovalkyrja having more bodily functions like sweat and excretion, the need for toiletries was more than ever. Paper, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, Neko Sparkle toothpaste, and hair brushes of various sizes and toenail clippers. Everything Tamamo could want was there for reasonable prices.

Amongst other things in the shop was assemble-it-yourself furniture for every part of the house or ship, homeweres, whitegoods and kitchenware, computers, audio systems, video games, and catalogues for if you wanted to order anything that didn't fit in the shop. "Be sure to look around, and give me a yell if something catches your eye." David told Zeta's entourage, wanting to be helpful to the strangers in town.

Crimson Kestrel, Kitchen
Redrick could hear someone walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge. It was Luca. Red could see the captain rummaging through the fridge in his tracksuit pants and sweater, pulling a beer out and flicking the cap off with his thumb, catching it with his other hand. Last the chef had heard, his employer was working on reports and other dry business. A quick snack and drink break seemed reasonable - Luca had been working on it for a bit now.

"Hey Red," Luca queried the Chef as his other hand reached for another beer. He didn't open it, placing the bottle on the counter for the chef to use as they saw fit as he rummaged for something in the fridge. He produced a sandwich with some butter and silverside beef cuts in it. "Settling in alright?" He asked.

Crimson Kestrel, Hangar
"Whatever the fuck was in me beer last night, it gave me somethin' I'd only get a use for around a fuckin' HORSE!" With the last syllable, Melissa put the squeeze on the greaseball, and the conman could see her calming down, heaving a large sigh and shaking her head. "Ask me next time and I'll make a woman outta you before ya make a man outta me ya ratbastard."

Melissa huffed at Enzo again before dropping him from her grip. Whatever was on her mind before and making her so enraged was definitely off of it now. "Eh, fuck it. Drinks?" She nodded her head aside, probably motioning to the kitchen back upstairs.

Sargasso, Ori-Mart

Taking a moment to contemplate the meaning of Shayla's words as she entered the Ori-Mart, Tamamo found that she was already a little confused. By the time Shayla had asked what was wrong she was thoroughly certain that she had no idea what was happening. As she had no idea of what could possibly be wrong she found herself at a loss for an answer and worried that she wouldn't be able to adequately respond she found herself wanting to fidget. Fortunately she was given direction to acquire the rough equivalent of SAoY standard Issue. With the added instruction to avoid any weapons or electronics Tamamo was almost quick to reply with a bright, "Hai!" before striding off into the small sea of shelves.

Assessing the lists of items that she had been provided with and making adjustments where she could Tamamo quickly determined that she didn't quite know what the equivalents of some of the listed items were. In particular the duty uniforms posed a problem.

In an attempt to discover a parallel Tamamo made a worrying discovery, Sargasso was devoid of reliable information access points. As she wandered the shelves she repeatedly tried to navigate the information networks to discover an alternative to the issues that she had encountered. Unable to find any satisfactory alternative she was forced to come up with a work around to deal with the spotty connection, generally terrible connection speed, and her own brain lagging under the strain she had imposed upon it recently. Given her circumstances Tamamo was skeptical as to whether she would be able to achieve her task.

Forced to restructure her intended order of business Tamamo obtained a cart for the goods she required before setting about gathering up that which she could find and identify while continuing to wrestle with the local information network's infrastructure.

Making the best of her situation Tamamo managed to acquire a decent dent into the selection of items that she was required to obtain and for the moment found herself eyeing a selection of swimwear which she had determined was supposed to double as exercise wear.

She knew what the SAoY swimwear varieties looked like, however she found herself instead fondly looking at what she identified as a black single piece competition bathing suit coloured black with cyan accents. Perhaps the alternative couldn't be frowned upon?

Acquiring a pair of them along with some plain grey t-shirts to complete the set Tamamo scurried along to collect on the next bit of kit that she had finally come to understand. With a bit of examination and comparison between the options available the blue Nekovalkyrja found herself in possession of a pair of black suits with white undershirts to go along with them satisfying what she assumed was to be the equivalent to a Duty Uniform.

1 Large carry bag
1 Waterproof backpack to function as a survival kit

For the survival kit she had assembled:

Health Related
1 Bandana, Camouflage
1 Bottle of liquid body soap
1 Pressure Dressing in sealed sterile packet
1 Packet of sanitary wipes
1 Bottle of shampoo
1 Sponge
2 Towels and washcloths
1 Tube of insect repellent
1 Tube of sunscreen
1 Pair of tweezers

Multi-Purpose Tools

20 meters of high-strength cord
20 meters of snare wire
1 LED Headlamp
1 Roll of tape, reinforced adhesive, black
1 Entrenching Tool, folding
1 Tomahawk
1 Multi-Tool
1 Wire blade saw
1 Wrist watch with built-in altimeter, calendar, chronometer, clock, compass, voice recorder, and backlight; motion powered. Lasts 10+ years.

Nourishment Related

6 Non-Perishable meals
2 2-liter water bottles
1 Pack of 28 Emergency Ration Pills in a blister pack
1 Roll of aluminum foil (for cooking)
1 SDI Water Filtration Device or equivalent
1 Small fishing kit

Shelter and Warmth

2 reversible ponchos, neon yellow-green/camouflage
5 plastic trash bags
5 resealable 1-liter plastic bags
1 Space Blanket
1 Red plastic bag for fire starting items
1 Artificial fire log
1 All-weather shockproof, wind-proof lighter
1 Pack of cotton balls and a jar of petroleum jelly

Signal

1 Flare gun (+3 shells)
10 neon yellow-green glow sticks
1 Roll of neon yellow-green marking tape
1 Signal mirror
1 Whistle with lanyard

Writing

2 grease pencils, 2 waterproof markers
1 Pad of waterproof writing paper

To finish off the rest of the requirements on the list she had also obtained:

1 Duffel bag
2 Black suits with white undershirts
1 Fur lined bomber hat
1 Dark grey waterproof coat
2 Sets of work clothes ( Dark grey long sleeve shirts, with light grey cargo pants)
2 Black single piece competition bathing suits + light grey t-shirts
Underwear x6 (Mainly red)
Pairs of socks x6 (Mainly black or grey)
1 Black leather belt
1 Flashlight
1 First aid kit
1 Portable shelter
2 coveralls (blue)
3 days worth of rations
1 bottle shampoo
1 bottle liquid body soap
1 toothbrush
1 tube of Neko Sparkle toothpaste
2 washcloths, white
2 towels, white
1 hairbrush
1 pair of nail clippers
1 plastic razor
1 can of shaving cream (foam type)
1 stick of deodorant (unscented soft solid type)

A short few minutes later Tamamo had checked and rechecked her acquisitions and was fairly certain that she had managed to acquire everything that she had been allowed on the lists. Scanning the cart full of items one more time she paused and blinked before starting to make her way through the Ori-Mart seeking out Shayla and Zeta in order to have her selection assessed.

Redrick shrugged, barely looking up from what he was doing. Realizing that that wasn't quite a good enough response, he spoke up again. "Ah, yea, well enough. I figured I'd spend today in, y'know, look at what I'm working with."

He looked down at his list and sighed, finally tiring of actually counting all the sacks of cornmeal. He x'd the number he was writing, and wrote, in small, neat, shorthand Trade, 'Entirely Too Much'. Maybe it was time for a break as well.

Red took the proffered drink on the counter, bringing it to his mouth before realizing the cap was still on. He grimaced, mostly at himself, and popped the lid off with a cigarette lighter, taking a long, slow pull.

He was at a loss for words - conversation had never been his strong suit. "Ah, it's a nice facility you got here man. But... I gotta ask a question."

He gestured to the kitchen, Bags and sacks and baggies and tupperware containers all lay on the counter, all apparently filled with the same powdery substance.

"Just what is with all the damn cornmeal...?"

Ori-Mart
"Hey there Mr. Takeyama," Zeta replied to the shopkeeper with a node and a smile. "Yeah we just got back from the big black above so I wanted to go shopping a bit. Ya know few hundred DA on clothes and such. As for guns I don't really need any at the moment, my SiZi is more than enough for me." Zeta patted the large revolver at her side.

"The new lady of the ship might need some tho," Zeta pointed her thumb at Tamano who was already running around. "Me, I guess I could use some nice swimwear. I wonder if the beaches here are any good. Know if town got it cleaned now, with all the new business coming in? I remember it was bit of a mess last time I went to the seaside..."

Zeta continued to small talk and before she noticed, there was a very very large pile of things. Tamano sure went all out.

"Buh," Zeta said when she saw the pile. "That is a lot of stuff. I thought we would like... get some clothes and bit of hygiene stuff, but you sure like to be ready. Eh Tama?"

Ori-Mart

Shayla watched Tamamo dash off once she had her orders, spotting her with a cart seconds later. Every few moments she would catch a glimpse of the other Neko out of the corner of her eye, the pile in that shopping cart growing steadily larger. "Uh, I got my uniforms they reissued me, and the outfits me and the gang stitched together-" She paused to tug at her oddly colored top. "-but I guess I could use some real clothes. Haven't exactly gone shopping for that kinda stuff since, well..." She trailed off as the youngster returned, sharing Zeta's surprise at the size of the haul.

"I really should'a done more editing on that list." She shook her head, chuckling, before leaning in to examine the potential purchases. The giantess rummaged through the cart, briefly inspecting Tamamo's selections before standing up straight again. "Wish I'd had some of this shit back when I needed it." She nodded at Zeta. "Could come in handy. Seems good to me, kid. Mission Complete!" Shayla grinned wide, giving her a big thumbs-up.

"She's got a few swimsuits in there, but she could use some good ol' Nepleslian blue jeans and a T-shirt or two. Which way buddy?" The giant Neko peered at the helpful employee.

Sargasso, Ori-Mart
Dave was dumbfounded by the newcomer's enormous shopping order, watching all the carts get pushed from afar, with the blue Nekovalkyrja having tracked everything down, or at least, in a series of shopping trolleys or through orders. "Well then Ms. Big Spender..." David blinked at the enormous order, getting their attention with a call. "Should we give you all membership cards?"

One of the store staff, newly hired, tried to point Shayla to the clothing section. Some of the store layout was nonstandard, so Shayla could see them consulting a map for a brief moment, they were soon directed to the Jeans, Jackets, Boots and Attitudes section of the shop, or, the Nepleslia line - where the ground was covered in familiar camouflage-patterned carpet, and Nepleslian fashion and equipment. Nepleslian Gothic fans were here too, those who loved indulging in the grunginess of Nepleslia and took it to heart, sporting leather jackets studded with bullet casings and sporting large quiffs.

A couple of them were hanging outside of the store too, trying to look intimidating at each other with their large quiffs and jackets.

"You tryin' ta rock tha look, kitty?" One of them asked, a strangely misplaced Yamataian man with the quiff to match, protruding a good foot away from his head, Shayla could've sworn he needed a neck brace or something. "You gots da muscles, but you needs da jeans."
"Yeah kitty. And da shoits."

They were obviously unacquainted.

Crimson Kestrel, Kitchen
Luca looked at all the catalogued bags of Cornmeal. "Our last chef had a ... uh, fixation on the stuff." He prodded one of the bags of yellow cornmeal with his pinky. It shifted around a little, then gently tipped over onto its side. "He disappeared in a cornmeal fuelled stupor one day, and left all this behind. Maybe he found the infinite plane of cornmeal or something..."

He really didn't know how to make light of it, it was simply too strange to make fun of.

Crimson Kestrel, Hangar
Meanwhile, as Luca was discussing shop with the chef, down below in the hangar, Vita was eyeing something with a vicious grin, something that belonged to her dad, and was his other pride and joy. The one he'd take down the street and drive up and down the highway without a care in the world, watching the Sargasso sunrise on those crisp mornings as the fog was clearing up.

It was his motorcycle, a lovely thing big enough to compete with a car on the highway, painted in equal amounts of black, orange and white with the number 72 on both sides. It still took petroleum in an age of antimatter and aether, giving the engines an unmistakable roar of the old world like a monster rising from the sea, or in this case, from the ashes. And Vita was straddling upon it and getting a feel for it - it was definitely dad's machine, but she was able to fit on it, and he'd let her learn to ride on the thing. It was by his hand she'd learned how to be one with these machines.

And it was his fault he left the keys in the ignition. Enzo and Melissa could hear the sound of it igniting and coming alive from across the hangar. Melissa's gaze flicked away from Enzo with an incredulous "whuzzat?" as she looked across the hangar and its many contents before seeing the motorcycle dart out of the ramp, through the spaceport and into Sargasso.

Sargasso
There was a girl on a motorcycle, and some of the residents recognised her as Luca's daughter, and she was up to no good as always. She didn't care for the gangs or cliques that ran through or operated in Sargasso - she was her own industry. Vitalia Pavone, brains, mouth, muscle, and troublemaker wrapped into one neat package. And she never got along with the Nepleslian Gothics - their quiffs were so... so ignitable with all that hairspray on their heads.

She went past the Ori-Mart, and the girls inside could hear the motorcycle going by, but Zeta would recognise it as Luca's. The Gothics recognised it too, quiffs turning to the front of the store and mumblings of 'da goil' rumbling through their midst. Vita was gunning for the Long Road to see what this thing could do.

"Mmm." Was Enzo's reply to Melissa's quick and sudden 'whuzzat', provided with a nod towards the growling shape that peeled out of the hangar. He seemed to recognize the shape, but did little to indicate what it might be. Eventually, the weasel turned back to Melissa and proffered a weak smirk.

"So... drinks, right?" He reminded her, using that dandy Seiren-built contraption to expel a flask from seemingly nowhere (Well, from his boot-- but since when do boot flasks jump into one's hands) and offer it to the markswoman. "You wanna come in? I gotsn some old episodes of All My Clones on holovid I ain't seen yet."

Sargasso, Ori-Mart

Uncertain as to why Zeta seemed confused the small blue Nekovalkyrja had watched the woman as she spoke curious as to why she had expected that she wouldn't have collected all of the items indicated by Shayla. About to respond as well as correct the Nepleslian woman as to what her name was Tamamo found herself delayed as her mind lagged loosing several seconds during which time Shayla spoke up examining the pile of goods and rooting through it before declaring 'Mission Complete.'

There were some comments about getting other clothes thought Tamamo wasn't sure what they meant by it, however soon enough Shayla was led off to another section of the Ori-Mart leaving Tamamo contently waiting behind with the goods she had acquired. Unexpectedly the sound of a vehicle with an internal combustion engine reached her ears, something Tamamo supposed wasn't entirely out of place on a Nepleslian world, however hearing one in the flesh was still a curious experience.

Taking the moment of quiet after the vehicle passed to recollect herself, Tamamo caught herself leaning on one of the carts and straightened chastising herself silently for falling into lazy relaxation as she waited for Shayla to complete their business.

Ori-Mart

"Memberships? Luca's gotta have one, right? Think we can get away with chargin' alla this to his expense account?" Shayla grinned at Zeta, not wanting to volunteer her own money if they could pawn this off onto the boss. She had planned to bring the other two with her to buy some normal clothes, but they didn't follow quickly enough. Tamamo probably wanted to stay with her cart. Or was it carts? Leaving Zeta to help the young Neko check out, she followed the friendly employee off on a mini-adventure to locate the rumored Nepleslian fashion section. She didn't seem too impressed by the greeting she received when she finally arrived.

"What the hell are you supposed to be? Did all this happen while I was gone?" She gestured vaguely at the first wannabe that accosted her, looking between the others (and the unfortunate employee) for some sort of answer. Her expression was equal parts confusion and amusement, but at least she didn't seem angry. "I pulled shit outta my dad's closet all the time, but I've never seen anything like this." Shayla leaned in towards the Yamataian that appeared to be their leader, looming over him even with the oversized coif taken into account.

"Do you really think my name's kitty? Eh?" She leaned a bit closer, her own impressive mane pressing to his as she got at eye-level with the gang-star. "It's Shoi Ronald McBelle, Jr. Retired. But you can call me Shayla." One thick hand clapped onto his shoulder, giving it a friendly (so far) squeeze. "It means 'Giant That Storms Where She Walks' in this crazy space language I learned from a bunch of bloodthirsty aliens I beat up." She was embellishing just a bit, but it was close! "Now that we're all friends here, I gotta ask you a real important question..." She leaned in even closer, eyes wide as she stared him down...before suddenly pulling back and standing up straight.

"Do you think my ass'll look good in these jeans? Be honest, I got no idea here!" Shayla held up a pair of jeans she'd apparently grabbed off the nearest rack while she was introducing herself, grinning wide. After an awkward pause, she burst into laughter, clapping the Nepaboo on the shoulder repeatedly, still friendly but hard enough to nearly drive the poor thing into the ground like a tent stake. "And I need some V-neck shirts, to show off the girls!" She was apparently enjoying their company quite a bit, laughing so hard she didn't even notice the motorcycle that roared past the store and drew the attention of half the gang.

Ori-Mart

Zeta stayed with Tamano and shrugged. Well it was a giant pile of smaller things, so the bill should not rack up too much. She was not all that sure about billing it to Luca, he probably would not mind all that much, since he had more money than he could spend, but it just did not feel right. Beside they all got just paid. Not to mention Tamano seemed like a sort who preferred to sort her own things and pay for herself.

"Yeah membership cards for our two cats. Sounds swell." Zeta nodded and then looked at Tamano. "Say Tama, you want to pick something for yourself as well? This... standard issue ass nice and what not, but seems fairly impersonal. I dunno maybe some shoes or a knife. Hell I got no idea what you cats like to do."

Sargasso, Ori-Mart

Confused by what she heard across the store coming from Shayla, she tilted her head slightly to the right while trying to puzzle out the odd path that the conversation had taken and what it could possibly mean. Determining it to be inconsequential for the moment Tamamo returned her attention to Zeta as the woman spoke. Listening to the question Tamamo considered it for a moment before she inquired peppy voice contrasting with the uncertain words, "Would it not be a burden for me to pick out additional items? As it is I am relying on the generosity of the crew." She tugged at her present clothing for emphasis, "This is all I have, and even this is borrowed on good will from Captain Pavone."

Blinking slowly she turned her dark jade eyes up to study Zeta's face wondering how her admission of poverty would be taken by the Nepleslian woman. She did not have any frame of reference for how Nepleslian's treated their poor, hopefully it was done with some form of kindness as she did not feel that she had the energy to properly defend herself should it prove necessary.

Ori-Mart

"Oh don't worry about it lass," Zeta said, waving her hands. "If you want I got more than enough money, so pick whatever you want. Something that you like and you want. Not something that you should have according to some guidelines. You are a free kitty now. As for the burden, I am sure Mr. Takeyama can get your things delivered back to ship. Right David?" Zeta looked at the shopkeeper and gave him a slight wink. Sure it would cost to deliver it, but she did not care much. Still better than carrying whole haul back to ship themselves. Zeta still wanted to visit few more places so she did not fancy a walk back to ship.

Meanwhile, at the Candy Factory

"H-huh, I guess nobody wants to see the place. . . that's cool too, I guess. . ." Seiren dejectedly mumbled as he checked his watch. "Well, time to go in. Alone. By myself."

As if he expected a response.

~~~~~~
Inside
~~~~~~

The young entrepeneur admired the formerly-desolate and ruined factory building, now an almost-shining, well pieced together masterpiece of industrialism. A handful of construction folk and movers scurried about, making sure the last pieces were in place.

That's when he noticed the giant snake in the middle of the room, directing the folks.

"S'cuze me!" He asked the dark-brown-haired Separa'shan. "Who're you?"

"Hmm? Oh, a lost child. This place is not safe for one so small," the towering female explained, a certain, cultured refinement in her tone that he wasn't expecting. "You should go back the way you came, as I am expecting the owner of this place for a meeting shortly."

"Oh, I'm not a kid! I'm the owner!" Seiren replied, waving a hand in that typical Yamataian gesture of 'no, you misunderstand'.

A look Seiren had seen many times before fell on the naga's face.

"I. . . see. That would make you. . . my boss. In that case, let me introduce myself. I am Abhiya Verinas. I was hired by the town council in your absence to make sure things stay running smoothly. My crede-"

"Ah, I don't need to hear your resume! I've got full faith in ya! So then, how about that tour?"

Seiren's beaming smile only proved to sicken Abhiya's constitution. Oh god, and they say candy is sweet! I'm nauseous just looking at him!

Some time later, they came to a stop at Seiren's office, a lovely room with a view of the town in the distance and plastered wall-to-wall with various Yamataian and Nepleslian collectables.

". . . and the final addition I made sure that your special request was highly discreet in its construction. Why you would need one is beyond me, but you have your little butterfly room anyhow."

"It's not a panic room!" The inventor adamantly declared, pouting and staring the green-eyed snake down.

Call it a hamster nest for all I care, the sooner I don't have to see that face the better! The snake thought, internally grimacing.

Sargasso, Ori-Mart

Considering Zeta's words as her mind slowly caught up with the present once again Tamamo nodded slowly before replying with a bright and peppy tone, "Thank you for your kindness. I will do that."

Bowing to the tall nepleslian woman for a moment to show her gratitude Tamamo straightened and added before heading off, "It is listed on the local Ori-Mart web node that they provide deliveries for customers for a small fee. As well-" She seemed to pause abruptly her attention still fixed upon Zeta, however for nearly a minute she did nothing before just as suddenly resuming, "-Doesn't the ISC Phoenix have a large amount of credit with Origin Industries between the wealth of Luca Pavone and the association with Aerin Tatst?"

Her bit said Tamamo suddenly turned and wandered off amongst the shelves hunting for an outfit that she desired. After wandering with seeming aimlessness for a couple minutes the small blue Neko suddenly doubled her pace and acquired an assortment of items: A large, heavy, hooded, grey poncho; a black, high necked, backless, single piece bathing suit; a pair of peacock blue, baggy cargo pants; a sturdy, black belt with a dull metal buckle; a pair of knee length grey socks; and a pair of sturdy, pale grey, steel toed boots with adjustable clips in place of laces.

Content with her acquisitions Tamamo turned, paused for half a minute, and then ambled back over to Zeta feeling rather pleased with her acquisitions. Looking up at the blonde nepleslian again Tamamo inquired, "Is this satisfactory?"

Ori-Mart

Zeta watched the blue skinned neko do her thing. She made sure to not scowl for once, when Aerin Tatst was mentioned. Zeta hated that woman with passion, the fact that she was Luca's friend and possibly ex-lover made things a lot worse. Luckily Aerin disappeared. Well, Zeta did not wish death or suffering to Aerin, but the ex-bodygard was glad that Origin's CEO was not around any more. Besides, Aerin was like a cockroach, nothing could kill her and sooner or later she would come out of the cracks in the floor.

"Well," Zeta said as Tamano returned with poncho and other pieces of clothing. "Only one who can tell if it is 'satisfactory' is you. You buy it for yourself, not for me or Luca. If you like this and want to wear it, then it is okay."

Crimson Kestrel, Topside and on the Roof
A lone figure in black with silvery white hair was sitting on the roof of the Crimson Kestrel, between the two main propulsion units and on the highest point, just above Engineering and FTL. Closer towards her and to either side were point defence units that were standard on a Courier. The red paintjob she was sitting on wasn't standard though. In her strange way of seeing things, the hull was more of a black colour. She had trouble telling exactly, despite being surrounded by it.

All the same, it was warm there, and the ocean breeze from the southwest danced through her hair to cool her off as rays of Nepleslia Prime's sun beat down on her. She had a good view of Sargasso, watching the people from so far away go about their daily activities. Some of them were familiar faces of hostages from the Fruna Ruica, not far away to the southwest. Natives to Sargasso meanwhile were strangers and faces she'd only seen in passing when she came to Sargasso. Only couple of them came to mind as familiar.

She also saw Luca's daughter (though the jury was out if it truly was the case - there were some large structural differences between the father and child) leave on something very loud not long after the blue nekovalkyrja, the nepleslian woman with the metal arm, and the large nekovalkyrja woman together.

She could also hear the nepleslian sniper woman chatting with the pungent confidence trickster down below. Further inside, she could hear the vibrations of Luca's voice, and the man from the Fruna Ruica who was identified as a chef and made part of the crew alongside the blue neko.

Crimson Kestrel, Kitchen
Echelon's voice could be heard over the intercom. "H3Y LUK3S."

Luca looked away from Red to look at the intercom in the corner of the kitchen. "Yeah?"

"G00D N3WS, V1T4 JUST ST0L3 Y0UR B1K3."

He put his beer down as his face tightened up. "Excuse me one moment." Luca told Red with his last remaining shred of patience as he started running for the hangar, cursing on the way down and grabbing the Grapple Stunner.

A few moments of silence passed before Echelon addressed Red. "1T 1S G00D N3WS, TH3 G1RL'S G3TT1NG FR3SH 41R 4ND 4LL TH4T J4ZZ!"

Crimson Kestrel, Hangar
"Hm. The squirt built that thing, didn't 'e?" Melissa said as she saw Enzo conjure the scotch from apparently nowhere. "D'jya know he's got him a candy factory?"

She didn't let the question remain rhetorical. "Good on 'im, I reckon. It's good t' have dreams 'n shit that don't-" she took a swig of the scotch, "-that don't involve how many ways-" another sip, not bad at all, "-you can make a man's 'ead invert with a seven six two by fifty five millimetre bullet."

All My Clones, she hadn't seen that one before. "Sure why not. 'ad nothin' better to do today and I ain't gonna hang 'round with the weirdos from the Fruna Ruica, that's Allison's gig."

She crossed the threshold into Enzo's Lady of the Night. Who needed a street walker when they had some real flesh, bone and the occasional bit of steel in front of you - a 'real woman' as Enzo would put it. "Carn, got any snacks, Vinny?"

Behind her, Enzo could see Luca sprinting into Sargasso in his tracksuit through the hangar, more spirited than his usual morning jogs he watched him do. He definitely didn't do his jogs with the Grapple Stunner either. Melissa either didn't care, or pretended not to notice.

Seiren's Candy Factory, Seiren's Office, Sargasso
Seiren got an email from Lina, the computer at is desk chirped, and so did the communicator in his pocket. The email was sent just a few moments ago.
Hey Kid, Lina here. Congratulations on the factory.

I couldn't come along to the opening today because of all the people from the Fruna Ruica inundating my bar and keeping my staff busy. I hope you understand. You're doing Sargasso a good service by providing the people here with jobs and income, but let me warn you - it's a lonely and sometimes thankless job. But you know what? They're still enjoying your company by consuming your product.

Speaking of, I'm going to assist with some of the distribution of your product around Sargasso. Every Thursday a Sargasso Bus will come by your place and we'll buy some of your product and sell it at a marked up price in our stores as usual. For every 2 DA we buy from you, we'll sell it for 2.5 or 3 DA. Not a big increase individually, but we'll buy in bulk and make it worth your while and ours too.

Believe me, I used to sling dope and girls before moving to moonshine, and you've got the sugar market cornered in this town. I'm here to make you profitable, sugar boy. If you have any concerns of our deal for Sargasso-bound distribution, or if you'd like to see if you can start selling to Nepleslia Prime, contact me and the others in the next Commercial Lane meeting this Wednesday evening and we'll try arranging something.

Best of luck, and again, congratulations,
-Lady Lina Rarius
Proprietor of Lina's Palace, Sargasso
Sargasso Phone: #277

Ori-Mart, Sargasso
"Yep. We'll mail it to you in a container before the day's over. Just leave everything here." David said as all the carts of just about everything that the girls had accumulated into a handful of shopping carts. "We'll send Luca the bill." Just outside and closer to the window, Tamamo and Zeta could hear the sound of motorcycles coming alive and shooting away from the Ori Mart.

David looked over to the window and mumbled "oh thank goodness I thought they'd never piss off" under his breath. "So yeah, Crimson Kestrel in the spaceport's rooftop docks, right?" David clarified.

Further inside the store meanwhile, the Amazon was surrounded by rockabilly insensibility. Though, they did have enough mind not to call a woman who was trying on jeans fat - that'd be unbecoming. "Yes, yes, youse ass looks presentable in dem jeans!" One of the greaser Nepaboos said, putting his hands in front of him to make a shape roughly similar to her, though slightly overidealised. Maybe he liked more meat on the bone than the average Yamataian.

The fact that the rest of his gang had absconded to go after 'da goil', leaving him and maybe three others behind was a blow to his confidence, and Shayla could see him looking for the nearest exit. "I jus' remembered I left da bath runnin'."

The Ori-Mart employee watched them and the other three make tracks to their choppers and get zooming away to follow their gang, maybe because they had no meat of their own. "If you like it, wear it, who cares if you look fat?" The Ori-Mart employee told Shayla, as though she had customers like her come by every day. "You look like you could uproot a telephone pole anyway."

Main Road through Commercial Lane, Sargasso
Motorcycles were chasing after a lone figure who had speed on her mind, who was being pursued by a bunch of tryhards who couldn't ride a motorcycle for shit. They didn't have confidence in the machines, too busy looking at the dials and HUDs and the composition of the road, thinking of where they were in relation to the world.

Vita didn't care at all. She was thinking about where the world was in relation to her and going with the feel of the road, weaving through traffic to get to the Long Road - now obsolete as a makeshift spaceport, and chiefly the territory of people who love to experience speed. About six kilometres of pristine road in a straight line and few interruptions. Perfect stage for a race.

From the rooftop perch of the Crimson Kestrel, Rebeka had a view of this altercation going down. A lot of noise was being generated from all the motorcycles, able to grab her attention. In addition, she just saw Luca come sprinting out of the Kestrel, on a mission unknown to her.

Makari could hear the motorcycles screech by, and looking up from his burger, he could see them. He didn't recognise the motorcycles that were screaming in the wake of the vaguely familiar one, but something was definitely going down.

Drifter's Beach, Sargasso
There was also some noise happening on the beach as the Fruna Ruica's improvised convention had temporarily turned the beach into a nudist's beach. Tents and stalls ran parallel to the road into Sargasso and around. The tents were for activities that probably shouldn't have seen the light of day, while the stalls were selling things, services, food, toys...

Weaving through it all was Allison, with a bag full of paraphernalia by her side and a pocket full of business cards. She just finished accepting a card from a centaur after some in depth 'discussion'.

"I'll definitely take this up, thanks!" She said in parting from the centaur as she wandered over to a hotdog stall, and ordered a foot long hotdog with extra pickle, cheese and sauce. Today was a lovely day for a summer dress and going commando, and the hotdog was another way to enjoy the day.

Sargasso, Ori-Mart

Looking to the man Tamamo paused in consideration for a moment before brightly confirming his inquiry, "The Crimson Kestrel is indeed the destination for these goods." As she finished the confirmation she elegantly slipped into a bow, expressing her thanks to the proprietor for a moment too long before brightly saying, "Thank you for all of your help." Extending the thanks to Zeta, she paused once more her mind setting to work analyzing her present circumstances.

Determining that she had fulfilled the criteria and actions expected of the stated goal of their shopping trip Tamamo shifted her focus considering her available options before abruptly turning and walking out of the Ori-Mart; out into the street proper of Sargasso. Cautiously sticking to the edge of the street as she did not trust the momentarily vehicle free street to remain as such Tamamo wandered along, slowly mixing amongst the locals as she filtered her way from the Ori-Mart toward the large building that the local network had identified as a factory belonging to one Seiren Isbala.

Standing before the building she twitched her ears as she observed the new building while considering the nascent enterprise it represented. Becoming curious as to whether she could possibly view more of the premises Tamamo ventured forth and vanished into the heart of the factory intent on discovering more of its purpose and product.

Abhiya just politely watched Seiren as he hopped over to his shiny new desk and checked the message.

"Oooh! It's from the bar owner!" he told her, eagerly tapping away on the keyboard.

Consider this signed, sealed, and delivered! I look forward to the meeting.
-Seiren
signature

Abhiya casually watched over his shoulder, but decided not to tell him that he hadn't set his signature for his corporate mail yet. He'd find out sooner or later, surely. "Well, now that that is done and over wi- is that a blue nekovalkryja?"

The snake stopped in her tracks, eyeing the new visitor through the window in the door that overlooked the factory floor. She moved out of the room, about to tell off the ex-soldier for walking in without being let in, but Seiren cut her off with a "Hooooooi! Tamanegi, right? Come on up!"

Vincienzo narrowed his eyes at Luca's retreating form. Considering that Melissa was entering his lair despite the excitement, Enzo had no reason to harbor any ill intent. Nonetheless, the conman watched suspiciously as the fearless leader dashed out into the light of Sargasso. Then, with a soft grunt, Enzo backed away from the door and let it slide shut behind him.

"Yeah, 'course I gots snacks." He declared as they made their way through the corridor, "Incha see dat snack booths they had on the sexship? Overpriced novelty snacks. Yeah, I loaded up on 'em whilst everyone was shooting in the other room, see?"

So she could in fact see, Enzo reached into a hollowed out compartment in the corridor just before rounding the corridor into his quarters. Within this compartment was a black duffle-bag, which Enzo unzipped before tossing onto the middle of his bed and plopping down on the edge. Various vulgar refreshments spread across the comforter, and Enzo picked one up and immediately went to opening it as he recited his perverse menu.

"I gots dick-shaped animal crackiz, titty gummies, edible panties, some kindsa watermelon flavored cola in a latex bottle, dick-shaped chocolate bars wit creme fillins, ditto for the titties, and dis pair of cotton-candy cat-earses."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back