Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Interlude 3] - Re-Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arin Berelai shielded her eyes from the dust kicking up from the incoming shuttle's exhaust. While it irritated her somewhat, she was joyful that she might have found the right place. Many of the other houses in the area offered potential death instead of potential employment, she had to make sure.

Straightening her newly bought trenchcoat which kept most of her feminine curves hidden (If it existed), she hoised her large bag of equipment and strode across the courtyard and up the veranda. Reaching the door, she paused for a moment to brush aside her salt and pepper hair and to listen. The gun mechanisim noises made her feel for her trusty ESG, but it was now or never.

She knocked on the door.

Sebastian heard the knock on the door, "Hang on lads, I'll get it." He said as he got up out of his chair and walked over to the door and put a hand on the doorknob, keeping a spare finger on his revolver, just in case.

"Yes?" Sebastian asked the student calmly as he assessed the threat posed, which was probably none at all, "What do ya need?"

--

"Tell us more," Luca said as he smiled. This looked like a good set of plans for tomorrow, "Whereabouts is it?"

"I'm looking to join the ISC Phoenix." Arin looked past the wizened Sebastian and into the living room area, there was a host of curious characters which convinced her that this was the right place. "I'm Arin Berelai formerly of NAM..." She averted her pale grey eyes from her greeter, as though her next statement was not a usual one. "...I want to see the stars."

Hitori explained to Luca and anyone else in the vicinity about the strange happenings and the missing doctor on the Nepleslian mining colony. However, she also added a figure of payment that the Geshrin was sure she could renegotiate with the good Dr. Treiven later. She didn't technically say that there wouldn't be payment, after all.

"NAM, eh?" Sebastian said as stepped back to allow the new girl in, "You'll fit right in. We have accommodation, armouries, amenities, Ms. Berelai..."

Luca nodded his head and drummed his fingers on the table, "Hmmh. That does sound like a good course of action for tomorrow. Whereabouts is PL-8 anyway?"
"Should be somewhere in the galactic Northwest, in the Nepleslian colonies," John said, "It'll take quite a while to get there, even on our shuttles."
Then Sebastian came in with the new girl.
"Oh, hi dad." Luca turned around and spoke to him. He then eyed the new recruit and stood up, "Hi, I'm the captain of this crew," He put his hand forward for a handshake.

Meanwhile, Mel was sitting back, watching some TV, the reception began to go fuzzy.
"Hm?" She groaned as what was on screen began to turn into white noise, "Bloody hell..."

(OOC) Music to listen to... said:
"GOOD AFTERNOON, NEPLESLIA - AND YAMATAI!!" A hunched, crimson cloaked figure whose face was concealed by a grotesque, skeletally designed, horned metal mask. His eyes burnt red into the camera. His voice was grating and raspy. His name was Cain.

"Who the hell?" Mel said she tried in vain to change channels. It was all over the airwaves, "Look at this, guys!"
Luca immediately swivelled around, "Sorry, hold that thought." He said to the new recruit. John took a look as well, Sebastian too.

"You may have heard on the news that in Delsauria, a certain company was demolished, and nobody knows the cause. I know who is responsible for this! That man is LUCA PAVONE!!" His face appeared on screen momentarily, with flashing letters underneath "KILL THIS MAN".

"If he does not submit himself to the Crimson Organisation in 72 hours, I am going to release something called Anger - in both of your major cities!" Then what ensued was a demonstration of what an "Anger" could do to someone, shot from a fuzzy video camera. Eviscerating, cannibalising, tearing to shreds and was impervious to ballistic fire, and probably required something with a lot more kick to get rid of, but even then. It was a tough piece of shit to kill.
Cain's face reappeared put on a calmer tone of voice, "Luca, do the right thing. Submit and keep the rest of the world safe from a shithead such as yourself."

The screen then went white with static and then flickered back to normal programming.

"... crikey." Mel just turned off the TV, dropped the remote on the ground, then glanced to John, who was blinking at what just happened on the TV...
"Son of a bitch..." He then glanced at Luca.

The captain was speechless.
"Oh, god." Sebastian muttered, "He's alive."
Luca then looked at his father, "What!?"

MISSION 5 - COMPLETE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back